OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

this team i just not good right now. getting outplayed by average teams and needing a kobe miracle just to win the game. this is bad basketball, it's hardto watch these games

Originally Posted by u ttocs

this team i just not good right now. getting outplayed by average teams and needing a kobe miracle just to win the game. this is bad basketball, it's hard to watch these games
Agreed.

Then again, I have high standards
grin.gif

Will be at the Staples for the Mavericks game tomorrow. Got seats right next to the Laker tunnel. Price was
sick.gif
though.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Will be at the Staples for the Mavericks game tomorrow. Got seats right next to the Laker tunnel. Price was
sick.gif
though.

How much did you get them for?

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

sprained my damn ankle celebrating that shot smh at me...
eek.gif
...me too..well, almost..

Jumped off the couch and stepped on my xbox controller
laugh.gif

[h1]10 things we know about Kobe's clutchness[/h1]

LOS ANGELES - As clearly as Kobe Bryant's buzzer-beating 3-pointer swished through the net to beat Sacramento by one Friday night, here are 10 things we clearly know by now ...
1. Bryant is "a killer," the term Bryant used a decade ago to describe himself ... and Michael Jordan.

"He's there," said Phil Jackson, coach of both experts in clutchness. "He's right there with Michael in that kind of breath."

2. Bryant can play through pain, in this case the fractured right index finger that has him at 49.3 percent from the field and 85.3 percent from the free-throw line over the past 10 games ... when he has scored 36.8 points per game.

"It's like saying he can't do something, and then he has to prove he can do it," Jackson said. "It's just one of those things about him that is unique."

3. There is no player-coach relationship as synched up as this Kobe-Phil connection.

It was Jackson's clever from-the-backcourt design that aided Bryant's previous buzzer-beater in Milwaukee two weeks ago, and Jackson's trust in Bryant despite his awkward all-lefty play last week paid off in double overtime in Sacramento. This time, one game after Bryant while lobbying to stay in the game promised Jackson he wouldn't get tired, Jackson dared play Bryant all but 46 seconds of the game.

"I give total credit to Kobe playing almost a whole game," Jackson said.

4. In those clock-ticking final moments when Bryant is so locked in to create a shot however is necessary, opposing coaches are far too conventional in not designing bracket defenses to deny him those shots.

"If he's open, it's definitely going in," Andrew Bynum said.

5. Opposing players, for their part, aren't as focused or creative as Bryant, either.

Even on Bryant's unlikely sideways-shooting 3-pointer that sank Miami, if Mario Chalmers was counting down the seconds in his head the way Bryant is, Chalmers would've realized the moment when he could safely leave Derek Fisher. Chalmers could've smothered Bryant as he came Chalmers' way and away from Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem - because there wasn't enough time left for Bryant to pass.

On Friday night, Sacramento tried to zone-up against Bryant, starting out with power forward Kenny Thomas on him and planning to switch whatever pick was used to spring Bryant free. But 176-pound Sergio Rodriguez got knocked aside by Bryant instead of staying with him, at which point Thomas lamely pointed at Bryant - yeah, someone else get that guy - and hung around with Sasha Vujacic instead of instinctually running toward Bryant.

6. Bryant's teammates have total trust that he will make the shot with the game on the line.

Did you see Lamar Odom already starting to race gleefully off the court even before Bryant's shot Friday night reached the basket? Did you see Jordan Farmar initially not even react in celebration when Bryant's shot dropped through the basket?

"I just started smiling and watched it go in," Farmar said. "I already knew it was going in."

7. Bryant's will to win is uncommon.

The Lakers are 6-0 in games decided by three points or fewer this season. The past three have been one-point victories in which Bryant single-handedly turned failure into success with the last shots to topple Sacramento, Milwaukee and Miami.

The other three tight ones? Bryant had 40 against visiting Oklahoma City in a three-point victory on Dec. 22. He had 41 to win in Houston on Nov. 4. And it was Nov. 3 when he was dealing with flu-like symptoms - and he hit the go-ahead jumper in overtime and the clutch free throws after that to win in Oklahoma City.

"Sometimes when we kind of get stuck in the mud, I kick it up another notch," Bryant said.

8. Bryant's teammates don't mind being just the forgotten supporting cast for his dramatic star turns.

In the postgame locker room, Odom crossed paths with Bryant, shook Bryant's hand and said with a smile: "You the man, sir!"

9. Bryant's co-star doesn't mind, either.

"When he's feeling it and the shots are going down, he's going to keep shooting," Pau Gasol said. "I have no problem with that."

10. Gasol's basketball IQ is in the same genius range as Bryant's, and there have never been two basketball geeks tougher to beat.

Coming out of the final timeout, Gasol walked onto the court in step with Bryant, the two talking strategy on their own. Same thing happened before the final play in Milwaukee, even though Gasol wasn't as directly involved in the play.

Gasol got the inbounds pass from Vujacic and briefly considered driving down the lane himself. That's because Ime Udoka totally plastered to him, so Gasol could've created a shot by putting the ball on the floor.

Gasol thought better of it and was patient enough to wait for Bryant to come clear - and then was smart enough to throw the pass so that it led Bryant to an open spot on the court. Suffice it to say that Shaquille O'Neal never threw a pass, and certainly not one as pretty as this one, to set up Bryant for a game winner.
About Bryant's knack for making clutch shots, Gasol said: "It's not really surprising. It's exciting."

Link:

http://www.ocregister.com...t-226674-gasol-game.html

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

[h1]10 things we know about Kobe's clutchness[/h1]

LOS ANGELES - As clearly as Kobe Bryant's buzzer-beating 3-pointer swished through the net to beat Sacramento by one Friday night, here are 10 things we clearly know by now ...
1. Bryant is "a killer," the term Bryant used a decade ago to describe himself ... and Michael Jordan.

"He's there," said Phil Jackson, coach of both experts in clutchness. "He's right there with Michael in that kind of breath."

2. Bryant can play through pain, in this case the fractured right index finger that has him at 49.3 percent from the field and 85.3 percent from the free-throw line over the past 10 games ... when he has scored 36.8 points per game.

"It's like saying he can't do something, and then he has to prove he can do it," Jackson said. "It's just one of those things about him that is unique."

3. There is no player-coach relationship as synched up as this Kobe-Phil connection.

It was Jackson's clever from-the-backcourt design that aided Bryant's previous buzzer-beater in Milwaukee two weeks ago, and Jackson's trust in Bryant despite his awkward all-lefty play last week paid off in double overtime in Sacramento. This time, one game after Bryant while lobbying to stay in the game promised Jackson he wouldn't get tired, Jackson dared play Bryant all but 46 seconds of the game.

"I give total credit to Kobe playing almost a whole game," Jackson said.

4. In those clock-ticking final moments when Bryant is so locked in to create a shot however is necessary, opposing coaches are far too conventional in not designing bracket defenses to deny him those shots.

"If he's open, it's definitely going in," Andrew Bynum said.

5. Opposing players, for their part, aren't as focused or creative as Bryant, either.

Even on Bryant's unlikely sideways-shooting 3-pointer that sank Miami, if Mario Chalmers was counting down the seconds in his head the way Bryant is, Chalmers would've realized the moment when he could safely leave Derek Fisher. Chalmers could've smothered Bryant as he came Chalmers' way and away from Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem - because there wasn't enough time left for Bryant to pass.

On Friday night, Sacramento tried to zone-up against Bryant, starting out with power forward Kenny Thomas on him and planning to switch whatever pick was used to spring Bryant free. But 176-pound Sergio Rodriguez got knocked aside by Bryant instead of staying with him, at which point Thomas lamely pointed at Bryant - yeah, someone else get that guy - and hung around with Sasha Vujacic instead of instinctually running toward Bryant.

6. Bryant's teammates have total trust that he will make the shot with the game on the line.

Did you see Lamar Odom already starting to race gleefully off the court even before Bryant's shot Friday night reached the basket? Did you see Jordan Farmar initially not even react in celebration when Bryant's shot dropped through the basket?

"I just started smiling and watched it go in," Farmar said. "I already knew it was going in."

7. Bryant's will to win is uncommon.

The Lakers are 6-0 in games decided by three points or fewer this season. The past three have been one-point victories in which Bryant single-handedly turned failure into success with the last shots to topple Sacramento, Milwaukee and Miami.

The other three tight ones? Bryant had 40 against visiting Oklahoma City in a three-point victory on Dec. 22. He had 41 to win in Houston on Nov. 4. And it was Nov. 3 when he was dealing with flu-like symptoms - and he hit the go-ahead jumper in overtime and the clutch free throws after that to win in Oklahoma City.

"Sometimes when we kind of get stuck in the mud, I kick it up another notch," Bryant said.

8. Bryant's teammates don't mind being just the forgotten supporting cast for his dramatic star turns.

In the postgame locker room, Odom crossed paths with Bryant, shook Bryant's hand and said with a smile: "You the man, sir!"

9. Bryant's co-star doesn't mind, either.

"When he's feeling it and the shots are going down, he's going to keep shooting," Pau Gasol said. "I have no problem with that."

10. Gasol's basketball IQ is in the same genius range as Bryant's, and there have never been two basketball geeks tougher to beat.

Coming out of the final timeout, Gasol walked onto the court in step with Bryant, the two talking strategy on their own. Same thing happened before the final play in Milwaukee, even though Gasol wasn't as directly involved in the play.

Gasol got the inbounds pass from Vujacic and briefly considered driving down the lane himself. That's because Ime Udoka totally plastered to him, so Gasol could've created a shot by putting the ball on the floor.

Gasol thought better of it and was patient enough to wait for Bryant to come clear - and then was smart enough to throw the pass so that it led Bryant to an open spot on the court. Suffice it to say that Shaquille O'Neal never threw a pass, and certainly not one as pretty as this one, to set up Bryant for a game winner.
About Bryant's knack for making clutch shots, Gasol said: "It's not really surprising. It's exciting."
Link:

http://www.ocregister.com...t-226674-gasol-game.html

laugh.gif

We've had way too many close games with mediocre teams.
Bucks? Kings?
Hopefully it's not like this come playoff time.

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

sick.gif
though.

How much did you get them for?
$220 a ticket.
sick.gif

5 of us are going. Barry's came up on us.
pimp.gif
smh.gif

Man its been a while since I posted but most of yall know I got a lot going on right now.

The teams record is great. The teams play is horrible (IMO). I think we can get better and I hope we do. I hoped the beating the Cavs put on us would havehelped us but we are still not playing up to par.

Hopefully when I get home in March things are where they need to be.

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Pau Gasol left the game after suffering a strained left hamstring with 7:12 left in the first quarter. He sat out the Lakers' first 11 games because of a strained right hamstring and will undergo further medical testing today, including an ultrasound exam, at which time the Lakers will issue a timetable on his return.
Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...010jan04,0,4307123.story

Just what we needed
smh.gif

Ron still alive?
nerd.gif

Another hamstring for Pau, glad he played summer ball overseas instead of resting.
indifferent.gif

We're the worst 27-6 team in the NBA.

CP1708:
Another hamstring for Pau, glad he played summer ball overseas instead of resting.
Nah, kill that freaking noise. Kobe hurt his finger in the regular season of '08, played throug the season, played in the playoffs, played inthe Finals, played in the Olympics, played the '08-'09 season, played in the playoffs, played in the Finals (won MVP), and THEN had it looked at... andno stonefaces from any of you. And I don't even want to hear 'Oh, it's because Kobe didn't miss any time.' Look, when you decide to playball in the summer despite being injured, you don't know if it's going to cost you time or hurt your performace later. If you're praising Kobe forbeing a G for playing through pain in the summer, why not praise Pau just the same?
wink.gif

23ska909red02 wrote:
CP1708:
Nah, kill that freaking noise. Kobe hurt his finger in the regular season of '08, played throug the season, played in the playoffs, played in the Finals, played in the Olympics, played the '08-'09 season, played in the playoffs, played in the Finals (won MVP), and THEN had it looked at... and no stonefaces from any of you. And I don't even want to hear 'Oh, it's because Kobe didn't miss any time.' Look, when you decide to play ball in the summer despite being injured, you don't know if it's going to cost you time or hurt your performace later. If you're praising Kobe for being a G for playing through pain in the summer, why not praise Pau just the same?
wink.gif

Well, breaking a finger is a freak type thing. Stuff happens, can't control it. I wish he woulda got his finger fixed last year, but he kepton. And the finger he broke this year, is different then the finger he broke in 08.
Pau has bad hamstrings now. Those are muscles. Those are things that get worse if not rested. Kobe's broken finger wasn't going to get worse fromnon-rest and become problematic, Pau's muscles apparently are. If Pau broke a finger on fluke type stuff, that don't got anything to do with playingin the summer, having tired out, worn out, stretched out type hamstrings.......that could be due to not resting during the summer. *shrugs*
Maybe they are just being cautious and it's nothing, I dunno, but if he misses more time due to this, and Kobe missed no time, I mean, how can it be thesame?
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom