OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Lakers will be fine... Its still somewhat early in the season. There's like 50 more games to go. They'll tighten up

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Goldmember

It's like Deja vu..

I learned my lesson though.. i was one of the people who's complaining and $%+% when we were losing last december
laugh.gif

Just don't pull a jbone, and give up your Lakers fan card during the Western Conference Semis last year
laugh.gif
Nah man, none of that BS
laugh.gif

It's really early in the season. This time last year, the lakers were hovering around the same record. This team was built for the grind it out half courtplayoffs tempo. Of course, they're gonna lose some regular season games, don't push the panic button.

If they look bad after the All Star break, then yeah I could see everyone panicking. But this team was really built for May/June basketball where they'llbe allowed to get physical, grind you out in the halfcourt set, and will be really allowed to set their defensive clamps in.

It's just another loss in this LONNNNNG regular season. I still say 63-19 and an NBA Finals for the 3rd straight year is in store for this team. They havethe horses to win it all, it's just a matter of waiting til June now.

but when home court is so important, every win and loss matters. i know nobody here wants to face boston again without homecourt advantage

I certainly would like to have HC just cuz, but last year we won @ Utah, @ Houston, @ Denver, and @ Orlando, all in the playoffs.

I think 2008 was just one of those things where we just weren't ready yet. Gasol's first finals, no healthy Ariza or Bynum, Vlad starting, Luke bigminutes, we just weren't ready for it.

But after last year, I think this team has proved, it can win anywhere. And if Boston gets HC on us, we should STILL be able to find the anger/revenge factorin us to go in there and take one from them. Or two if need be. At least, I hope so.

When focused and motivated, it will be pretty dang tough to beat us 4 times in 2 weeks.

And people need to remember, Phil turns on the pressure right around the all star break, everything he's doing now is merely evaluating.

Phil is smarter then all of us are, so I trust him.
smile.gif

Phil on Philosphy 101 told the team they don't deserve to have the best record in the league. He was layin' it on them.

Poor effort and they haven't been competing.

Tell em Phil.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

correct me if im wrong..but
we couldve given sasha's money to turiaf right?
Yeah, but Ronny wasn't going to get any PT with Bynum, Pau and LO here.

I think Jordan Farmar for Nate Robinson works
ohwell.gif
but then again, turiaf is getting the same amount of minutes on the warriors as he did with the lakers
ohwell.gif

how about we trade for tmac! lol
imagine him and LO off the bench.. who needs 12 players, we just need 7 players and we should be good ..that's like a quick 10 points right there off thebench from him .

Originally Posted by CP1708

I certainly would like to have HC just cuz, but last year we won @ Utah, @ Houston, @ Denver, and @ Orlando, all in the playoffs.

I think 2008 was just one of those things where we just weren't ready yet. Gasol's first finals, no healthy Ariza or Bynum, Vlad starting, Luke big minutes, we just weren't ready for it.

But after last year, I think this team has proved, it can win anywhere. And if Boston gets HC on us, we should STILL be able to find the anger/revenge factor in us to go in there and take one from them. Or two if need be. At least, I hope so.

When focused and motivated, it will be pretty dang tough to beat us 4 times in 2 weeks.

And people need to remember, Phil turns on the pressure right around the all star break, everything he's doing now is merely evaluating.

Phil is smarter then all of us are, so I trust him.
smile.gif
The 2008 Laker team I really think over achieved that season. I really think this year we will need home court through out the playoff especiallyin the Finals if the Lakers do make it back. The way the finals is setup with the 2 32 schedule is just to hard for the team without home court advantage tosweep the middle three games of that series, especially if the team goes down 2-0 to start a Finals.

[h1]Lakers' Ron Artest says he suffered memory loss[/h1]
51347616.jpg

Lakers forward Ron Artest stood before the media Tuesday night and faced a barrage of questions seeking an explanation for how he suffered a concussion Friday that has forced him to miss the last three games.

Artest said he was walking into his Beverly Hills home after the Christmas Day game against Cleveland and fell down a flight of stairs.

Artest said his wife, Kimsha, found him asleep outside their home and that he didn't know who she was. Artest said his wife had to explain to him that the Lakers had played a game Friday at Staples Center.

Artest said the first person he texted was teammate Kobe Bryant. He said he informed Bryant that he couldn't remember anything and that he was going to the hospital.

Artest went to the UCLA Medical Center emergency room, where he had staples put into the back of his head and received stitches in his elbow, which also was injured in the fall.

"I can't remember everything," Artest said at halftime of the Lakers' game Tuesday night against the Golden State Warriors, his first comments since the accident. "It was for Christmas -- maybe it was the presents. I can't remember much in between. . . . My wife said I was asleep for like two or three minutes. Obviously I don't remember that part. I went to the hospital. It took me about an hour to get my senses back."

Artest said he still is a little "woozy at times, so it's definitely not safe to be playing."

He said he doesn't have any pain or headaches, but he is dizzy at times.

"I don't know how bad it could have been," Artest said. "I'm definitely grateful to be able to be up and talking and even having the possibility of being back pretty soon."

Artest was asked to explain how he injured his elbow.

"Trying to brace the fall," he said. "I guess it was trying to brace. I can't even remember. . . . I just went to the doctor and he said, 'You need stitches in your elbow.' And I was like, 'For what?' Then they showed me the picture. It was a deep cut."

Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said before the game that Artest probably would work out today, an off day for the team. The hope is that Artest can play Friday night against the Sacramento Kings.

"The big danger obviously is elevated heart rate, blood pressure with this kind of situation," Jackson said. "So it's going to be something that we monitor a little bit."

Artest saw a neurologist for the fourth consecutive day and was said to be making progress.

"He said I'm getting better," Artest said. "But it's just testing the reactions. The first day was bad. The morning I woke up, I went to go see a neurologist and I really wasn't remembering much. But it's getting better," he said.

Artest has had a history of controversy wherever he has played and many of his critics said when he signed with the Lakers that he probably would become a distraction.

Artest, his agent and the Lakers are calling his concussion an accident. Artest was asked whether he was worried about public perception.

"I'll leave that for public opinion," Artest said. "I don't want to answer that."

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...009dec30,0,3420447.story

--LOL at all this trade talk when we only have 6 losses, playing in a mini-slump and pretty much everyone has been playin like doo-doo.
--And still yet ONLY 6 losses? I'll take it. SIX losses since Halloween. SIX. We were at the same place last year more or less.

--We all know mid-April to mid-June is what matters.
--I aint worried. We can lock up homecourt throughout.

--CP? We are the worst.....
nerd.gif
....continue on dude. Where is it? Therewas a game last night!!

I should fall down a flight of stairs so I can forget that Christmas game too.

We are the worst 25-6 team in the NBA.

While you guys are busy crackin on the scrub twins, I was glad to see them finish the game off last night. LO, Pau, and Kobe with Farmar and Sasha in thebackcourt, just like 08 when those two were actually good.

We need to get them back on that track.

When we go to the bench in the regular season, it should look real easy

Farmar or Brown
Sasha
Walton
Odom
Bynum or Pau.

This way at all times, we have LO and a center to run the offense thru, and back up the defense, and Farmar/Brown/Sasha are interchangeable as the 1-2's. Walton can move the ball at the 3 even though he sucks, he's great in the triangle. And at worst, we can move in either Ron or Kobe if we need a littleextra punch, but at this point, we can't have more then 3 bench players on the floor at once. So if Kobe comes in and Bynum is at the center, bring inPowell and 2 guards, or Ron and Gasol, with Odom and 2 guards.

We no longer have it where we can just wholesale switch 4 starters to the bench for 4 bench players and one starter, that's been killing us lately. So Iwas encouraged to see Farmar and Sasha on the court at the end of the game, with LO, and they were able to finish it off. We need to get them playing wellfirst, THEN they can start to add minutes and take minutes away from Kobe and Pau and Fisher as far as when the playoffs get here.

Luke is supposed to be practicing within two weeks, so hopefully sometime soon after that.

(Who would have guessed that we would be using the word 'hopefully' with regards to a Luke reappearance?)

If only Farmar and Sasha could give the Lakers productive minutes like they did in that 4th quarter last night, on a consistent basis.
smh.gif

Sasha wasn't spectacular, but he was actually getting rebounds, and being pesky.

Heads up NT Laker fans ! If you have Time Warner Cable and live in LA, SoCal, OC, and even San Diego you are probably going to lose FSN West and won't beable to watch Laker home games until TWC and Fox reach a new agreement. This will go into affect starting on new years eve. TWC customers will also lose all oftheir Fox channels except for Fox News.

All I have to say is I'm glad I no longer have TWC and have AT&T Uverse instead at my house.

[h1]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ent...nals-to-be-pulled-from-time-warner-cable.html[/h1]
[h1]News Corp.'s Chase Carey expects Fox signals to be pulled from Time Warner Cable[/h1]
That means the signals for local Fox TV stations in cities where Time Warner Cable is the distributor will go dark. Other channels that Fox owns that are part of this spat include FX and some regional sports channels including Prime Ticket and Fox Sports West in Los Angeles.
The two sides have been fighting for several months over the fee Fox wants from Time Warner Cable to keep carrying its local TV stations, including KTTV Los Angeles and WNYW New York. Fox has sought $1 per subscriber, per month, and Time Warner Cable so far has countered with about 30 cents per subscriber.

Carey wrote:
"At this time, it looks like we will not reach an agreement and our channels may very well go off the air in Time Warner Cable systems at midnight tomorrow, December 31. We deeply regret that millions of Fox customers will be deprived of our programming, but we need to receive fair compensation from Time Warner Cable to go forward with them. Some may ask why Fox isn't providing an extension while negotiations continue - the fact is that we've been trying since the summer to negotiate a fair deal and that further extensions simply extend the period of time that Time Warner profits from our marquee programming without fairly compensating Fox for it."

Carey went on to say that Fox's "requested compensation is about equal to what Time Warner Cable pays TNT, a network with a fraction of the ratings and original programming of Fox, or about a quarter of what they pay ESPN, a network we again dwarf in ratings. Time Warner Cable will claim they cannot afford the rates we are requesting and try to blame us for rate increases to their customers."

Of course, Carey is a tough negotiator, and this is just the latest in a series of back-and-forth jabs between the two companies. Late Tuesday, Time Warner Cable Chief Executive Glenn Britt told Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.), who previously asked both sides to settle their differences so viewers wouldn't lose their favorite shows, that he was willing to extend the current deal and enter binding arbitration. Neither of those options appeal to Fox.

Link:

http://latimesblogs.latim...m-time-warner-cable.html

Back
Top Bottom