OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Bynum is starting to piss me off. And I been sayin dude will be good the whole time. It HAS to do something with Pau bein back. He was a straight up beastup until Pau came back. Now he's been terrible.

How ironic we finally get to see that lineup we wanted, Bynum, Pau, Odom, Kobe and Fish.
laugh.gif

Artest, get better. We need your minutes at least. These guys are getting WAAAAAAAAAY to many minutes for my liking.

I want this one tonight. We got humbled as @#$% against the Cavs, now the whole damn league is questioning our team, and I know Phil usually waits til the allstar break, but it's time to start sending some messages to some teams. We been punked by Dallas, Denver, Cleveland already this year. That has to stop. NOW.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

I love Shannon, all heart and hustle.

I'm hoping we'll reward him with a nice contract when this current two year stint comes close to running its course.
co-sign...ive been saying to everyone that shannon should be fishers primary backup for some time now...we need to get rid of sasha and farmar forreal though

Okay, this is getting out of hand.

We're not losing these games cause of the refs, we ain't losing because we don't have the talent - point blank we're losing because of oureffort.

Regardless of Artest being out, this team too damn talented to get their %%!++ handed to them on a plate.

The Lakers depend too much on "Kobe-Ball" the offense gets stagnant as hell, no ball movement and HORRIBLE spacing.

Offense ain't the problem though, its the defense / rebounding side that's really killing us.

We're missing that guy off the bench that could really spark this team with 110% hustle, heart, energy - effort you name it.

I'd go in, but you guys get the point.

gasol and bynum are shooting over 50% and kobe 48%...shannon brown 43%
the rest of the players are shooting 42% and below which is disgusting

lamar odom and artest need to get their $%#! together and do something on offense

the rest of the players are just trash so there is no hope for them

farmar needs to get kicked off the team
sick.gif

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

correct me if im wrong..but
we couldve given sasha's money to turiaf right?
Yeah, but Ronny wasn't going to get any PT with Bynum, Pau and LO here.

I think Jordan Farmar for Nate Robinson works
ohwell.gif

Another loss to an elite team ?

Suns are a playoff bound team but are nowhere close to being an elite team like Denver, Boston, Cleveland, and Orlando .

Like I said when started the game thread for the Suns game. I just had a feeling Phoenix was going to beat us tonight. They were due for a win for us after 2ugly losses against the Lakers earlier this season and they also shoot a lot better from the field and behind the arc at their home court. Also the Lakers arein the middle of playing 4 games in 5 nights with 2 being on the road and coming off the double OT game in Sacramento last Saturday.

Tomorrow night will be tough also but I expect us to bounce back at home.

Also the C's lost tonight so the Lakers still got the best record in the league.

From what I've seen so far this season I don't see the C's making it back to the Finals this season for a rematch with the Lakers like how a lot ofpeople in the media and on here are predicting. The C's are not the same defensive juggernaut team they were 2 years ago when the won the chip. I think wemay finally get the match up everyone in the world & NT has been wanting to see Cavs vs. Lakers: Kobe vs. Lebron match up.

As I've said before, Phil needs to strike these guys with something to get them going. This lallygagging will cost us home court throughout.

[h1]Lakers' Phil Jackson says he's sticking with Andrew Bynum[/h1]Reporting from Phoenix - Is Andrew Bynum heading to reserve status? Not likely.

The Lakers' center has struggled since Pau Gasol returned from a hamstring injury, but Coach Phil Jackson remained resolute that the 22-year-old center would improve, nudging aside a reporter's question about possibly inserting Lamar Odom in Bynum's place in the starting lineup.

Bynum averaged 20.3 points and 11.8 rebounds a game when Gasol was out, but he's been slow on defense, ineffective on offense and, putting a couple of important stats together, has not recorded a double-double since Nov. 17, a span of 19 games.

"I'm not worried," Jackson said. "I think he will get it back. Right now, I think he's recovering from a bout with a respiratory [infection]. That's part of what I think is wearing on him.

"I like the way he played in the first quarter [Saturday at] Sacramento. He had good energy. He didn't sustain it for the game, but I think there was a rebound or a return more to his vigorous activity that I appreciated."

Bynum had another good first quarter Monday against the Phoenix Suns, collecting nine points and six rebounds. He didn't do much after that, finishing with 14 points and nine rebounds, making only four of 10 shots.

The Lakers went inside to Bynum and Gasol in the first quarter but moved away from it thereafter.

"We went over what we were supposed to do in shoot-around," Bynum said. "It didn't work."

Artest stays home

Forward Ron Artest didn't join the team in Phoenix after a neurologist in Los Angeles did not clear him to play.

"He's still experiencing some dizziness," Jackson said. "We'll hope for [tonight]." The Lakers play Golden State tonight at Staples Center.

Jackson said he hadn't spoken directly to Artest. "I usually need a translator when I speak to Ron on the phone," he said.

With Odom starting in place of Artest, the Lakers' reserves, already a struggling bunch, were even thinner, outscored by the Suns' backups, 52-31.

Dissecting the Suns

Jackson didn't mention Steve Nash or Amare Stoudemire when sharing his pregame thoughts on the small-ball Suns, instead focusing on a certain 37-year-old small forward.

"Grant Hill presents a problem for us," he said

Seriously? Seriously. "We really don't have anybody at that position that's quite capable of backing up Ron and playing that spot except for Ron right now," Jackson said.

Hill had only six points Monday, and in the end Jackson didn't overlook the 35-year-old Nash, who leads the NBA in assists. "Let's not put him in a rocking chair yet," Jackson said.

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...009dec29,0,1580854.story

[h1]Understanding Kobe's one-armed game[/h1]

PHOENIX - Do not just file away Kobe Bryant's fascinating one-armed performance Saturday night in the portfolio of "Where there's his will, there's a way."
It looks like a solo, but only because we rarely stop and notice who might be in that dark orchestra pit while our spirits are being carried away during a great show.

It's a misconception that Bryant can and wants to do things all by himself.

Based on a self-assuredness that has made Bryant renowned for both insistence and accomplishment, it's an understandable misconception. But basketball is a team game - and no one ever does it alone anyway.

We all need support - and the more we get, the more we can do. Bryant's career, in fact, has been a testament to that simple idea. His individual greatness has never been appreciated more than now, when he is cocooned in utter comfort.

Consider the conversation Bryant's longtime coach and even longer-time trainer had during the game in Sacramento long before the happy ending. Phil Jackson saw Bryant was dribbling and even passing only with his left hand and wasn't sure this was a challenge Bryant could or should take, so he asked trainer Gary Vitti to check in seriously with Bryant.

This was the timeout where Bryant, obviously struggling with the stinger in his right elbow, grew animated and answered at one point to Vitti: "No way!" Vitti left the chat and reported back to Jackson: "If I tell you he can't play, he's gonna break my arm. That's to let you know how much he wants to play."

Even though all the world somewhat knows how much he wants to play, Vitti is the only one behind this curtain. He is the angel on Bryant's shoulder ... and knee and elbow, hatching around-the-clock treatment strategies that can make everything better. Yet he's also the one willing to come to Bryant's hotel room and turn it into a torture chamber - pounding and pushing on Bryant's fractured right index finger as if it's a tube of toothpaste with just a little left, understanding Bryant's expectations and forcing the swelling away from the injured joint.

But what if Bryant didn't have a trainer who truly believed after 25-plus years as the trainer for so many Lakers greats that Bryant was the "toughest S.O.B." with whom he has ever worked? What if Bryant didn't have a coach who trusted him to that extent?

Bryant would not have been allowed to keep playing Saturday night, and there would not have come that moment after about a half-hour of real time, by Jackson's count, when Bryant got the sensors in his right arm under control and eventually produced something "remarkable."

What if Bryant also didn't have teammates who unabashedly want to see him "turn into Superman"? That's the way Ron Artest phrased it in Utah earlier this month as he tried to explain why he morphed into a 260-pound Laker Girl, so eager was he to cheer Bryant through a stomach virus.

"He was really hurting today," Artest said after that game, which began with Lamar Odom literally massaging Bryant's shoulder in the huddle. "But I was trying to push him to the limit and beyond."

Artest was hurt and missing Saturday in Sacramento, but another teammate was noticeably present. Little-used Josh Powell, who has developed a unique rapport with Bryant, periodically approached in late-game timeouts with whispers that either cut through or perhaps strategically inflamed Bryant's elbow pain.

"You've got some buttons to push on everybody," Powell said Sunday. "And I kind of know how to do that."

It's why Bryant paused after he made those two right-handed 3-pointers in the second overtime and before his hero interview for KCAL/9 to seek out and then lock eyes with Powell, who had played three minutes out of 58 and finished with all zeroes next to his name. The expression of thanks that Bryant sent to Powell for his support was frankly even more meaningful than Bryant's straightforward "Way to go!" praise for Pau Gasol's life-saving tip-in that forced the second overtime.

And before Gasol scored that basket, Shannon Brown came up with similarly key fourth-quarter plays while Bryant played as if his right arm were tied behind his back. Maybe that's why Brown and Bryant were hanging out together Sunday night, reliving Brown's contributions at a time in the game when Jackson worried Bryant's teammates were waiting for him to leap the state Capitol building in a single bound.

"I was kind of getting in some of their faces about taking more responsibility on as a teammate," Jackson said.

Bryant did the same, actually. Miffed that Gasol wasn't seizing even more moments, Bryant pounded him on the chest to drive home that point before they sat down for one timeout. Gasol nodded in understanding.

That's how far Bryant has come since his tug-of-war with Shaquille O'Neal for greater glory as opposed to greater good. Bryant's team now views his tenacity as a staple of its basic identity and relishes the prospect of Bryant doing that hero interview as much as John Ireland.

"We know every time," Brown said, "he's going to do something crazy."

Said Gasol: "He plays through a lot of things, and you've got to give him a lot of credit for it."

Absolutely. And on my as-of-today NBA MVP ballot, it's Bryant by a mile.

That's one measure of the man.
Another is the company he keeps.

Link:

http://www.ocregister.com...-226005-one-jackson.html

--6 losses does not equal panic button status.
--We should already know how dramatic our Lakers are.
--Its a long season. Everyone goes through momentum rifts and ruts.

I'm back.....

I didn't want to do it this year, but looks like I have no choice......we are the worst 24-6 team in the league, by far.....

Everything's gonna be alright now.......

wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom