OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Bynum is not the future of the lakers and never has been. Dude has a jump hook in his arsenal and that is it. A flat and ugly hook that he tries to shoot DOWN.
He think he has a small jumper too.

He should just stick to hustling and getting garbage points and playing some defense. It is a joke to run so many plays for that bum.

He had more fouls than points against the Kings
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Farmar is even worse because he is actually pure trash unlike Bynum. He comes into the game trying to shoot the lakers into an L.

I hope Luke walton recovers soon
ohwell.gif
sick.gif

I still think Bynum is our future, he's just acting out like a young kid would.

Phil needs to have a heart-to-heart with Andrew, help him get mentally back into the game.

^
thats what I was thinking, ever since the first results came out and showed that Amare would be starting Bynum's been playing like #@+*

we'll be ok guys. Can't expexct to blow every team out. We gonna have to take the good with the bad and ugly. Bynum, Sasha, and Farmar's play as oflate has been very annoying. I hope they can turn things around or we can make some moves for them. Mostly Sasha and or Farmar. The only way id let Bynum go isif we got D12 somehow lol

i have a feeling that bynum and pau can't coexist. when the offense is forced through bynum in the beginning of games pau gets taken out of it anddoesn't get the attempts in the post he deserves evem though he's a much more superior player. I think bynum should come off the bench.

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

i have a feeling that bynum and pau can't coexist. when the offense is forced through bynum in the beginning of games pau gets taken out of it and doesn't get the attempts in the post he deserves evem though he's a much more superior player. I think bynum should come off the bench.

of course they can, its just bynum never passes the ball when he got it... he needs to practice with Pau and learn to pass and read the defense, hes gottalearn that hes getting double teamed and to kick out to the wide open person instead of just throwing it up there.

I think it will be a much needed boost once Luke comes back. The way he can set up the offense wih the second unit is very vital to this team.

With that said, I'll be consistent with my hate - Farmar should not see anymore playing time. He's as close as a cancer can get on our squad. Hecan't do anything right and plays with the "me first" atitude.

I'd love to see Phil bench Bynum and bring him with the second unit to get his mind back in the game.

And
eek.gif
Brockman was an absolute beast, you can't teach / coach heart like that. That was pure outworking our whole five, dude was everywhere.

Originally Posted by LALAKERFAN213

I was heckling Omri Casspi's brother all game long. Waving that Israeli flag irked me.
Nice seats bro
laugh.gif
at Omri's brother getting all emotional during the game
No disrespect but when they were waving the flag that was annoying as hell

I was heckling Omri Casspi's brother all game long. Waving that Israeli flag irked me.
pimp.gif

Were there any Kings fans with cowbells at the game yesterday
laugh.gif

I heard a few years back they stopped allowing fans to bring them inside Arco arena.

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

Nice seats bro
laugh.gif
at Omri's brother getting all emotional during the game
No disrespect but when they were waving the flag that was annoying as hell

pretty much. like we don't know where their from

Originally Posted by socluis90

Phoenix is gonna woop our %#% Monday if we don't straighten up.

I'm giving up on Farmar already, he does some pretty stupid #$!%. Also %+% is up with Bynum?

Yes he does. His biggest problem is mental. His choices are questionable at best. He has the talent, but can't put it together.

Originally Posted by AG 47

I'm giving up on Farmar already, he does some pretty stupid #$!%. Also %+% is up with Bynum?

Yes he does. His biggest problem is mental. His choices are questionable at best. He has the talent, but can't put it together.
that UCLA education

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by AG 47

that UCLA education
laugh.gif
Uh oh.

Originally Posted by mrjdmz

Originally Posted by knightngale

AG 47 wrote:

socluis90 wrote:

I'm giving up on Farmar already, he does some pretty stupid #$!%.
Also %+% is up with Bynum?

that UCLA education

laugh.gif
Uh oh.

laugh.gif

[h1]Lakers' Ron Artest hasn't been cleared to play[/h1]Reporting from Phoenix - The Lakers moved on to Phoenix. Ron Artest remained home in Los Angeles.

The Lakers forward, who missed Saturday night's game at Sacramento after sustaining a concussion, visited a neurologist Sunday and was told his condition was improving. But he was not cleared to play, will be revaluated again today and, if cleared, will fly to Phoenix and play tonight against the Suns.

Artest suffered the concussion Christmas night, telling Lakers officials he fell down a flight of stairs while carrying a box. His agent said it happened an hour after the Lakers lost to Cleveland. Artest was treated and released at the UCLA Medical Center emergency room.

Artest's Twitter account, usually a well-used and, uh, unique supply of communiques from him, was also silent Sunday, the second day in a row he sent no tweets to his tweeps.

"I have not spoken to him directly," Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said Sunday. "He was relatively, I was going to use the word 'addled,' but I don't think that's the term I want to use -- 'incommunicative' after the incident. There was some confusion and stuff, but he's much better now."

Jackson wasn't sure whether he would start Lamar Odom again in Artest's place. Odom had 13 points and 15 rebounds in the Lakers' double-overtime win over the Kings on Saturday, but missed nine of 15 shots and had six turnovers.

Basically, Jackson hoped Artest would be healthy enough to go against Phoenix. Artest is averaging 12.3 points, 4.8 rebounds and four assists a game.

"We're hopeful that he'll play but he's got to be seen [medically] and go through that process, and then he can fly," Jackson said.

He's fine . . . again

Kobe Bryant cut off the questions before they began.

"Elbow's fine," he said to reporters. "Next question."

Bryant sustained a strained right elbow Saturday night but finished with 38 points on 16-for-30 shooting, including two three-pointers in the second overtime.

Bryant was hit on the elbow on a drive near the end of the third quarter and spent most of the fourth quarter using his left hand, leading Jackson to ask longtime trainer Gary Vitti whether Bryant would be able to play to full capacity.

"I asked Gary to check with him during a timeout," Jackson said. "He came back and said, 'If I tell you that [Bryant] can't play, he's going to break my arm.' "

Bryant stayed in the game, won by the Lakers, 112-103.

"That's why God gave me two hands," Bryant said, smiling. "I don't know about you. Just in case you get a little cramp in your index finger while writing, you can write with your left. Or type with your left."

Bryant said he might use a protective pad on the elbow for tonight's game.

Many, many minutes

The Lakers are in the middle of four games in five nights. They definitely didn't want double overtime in Sacramento, even though they won.

Pau Gasol played 51 minutes. Bryant and Odom each played 50 minutes and Derek Fisher played 39 minutes.

"Double overtime, that's something you can't avoid," Jackson said. "Unfortunately, we got locked into that and put 10 [extra] minutes on the floor [Saturday] night. Without Ron, there's going to be more minutes on a lot of guys in this situation."

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...2009dec28,0,794420.story

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

pimp.gif

Were there any Kings fans with cowbells at the game yesterday
laugh.gif

I heard a few years back they stopped allowing fans to bring them inside Arco arena.

Yeah, I heard them ring a few times.
laugh.gif

SMH at me for forgetting to bring my Palestinian flag

[h1]Shannon Brown makes a difference for the Lakers[/h1]
51304814.jpg

Reporting from Sacramento - The Lakers needed someone to step into a void, to step up and make some shots, and to dig down and play defense.

That someone was Shannon Brown.

He came up big-time for the Lakers -- on offense, on defense, on whatever the Lakers needed.

And because of Brown's play, the Lakers were able to escape with a 112-103 double-overtime victory over the Sacramento Kings on Saturday night at Arco Arena.

"I think the guys have a lot of confidence in me," Brown said. "With our team being so deep as it is, everybody gets a chance to show their stuff at different times. But I think everybody has a lot of confidence in each other."

Lakers Coach Phil Jackson had a lot of faith in Brown.

And Brown rewarded Jackson and the Lakers by scoring 15 points off the bench, by grabbing seven rebounds, by playing 28 minutes and by playing solid defense on Kings rookie guard Tyreke Evans.

Jackson had to turn to Brown to become a primary defender because Ron Artest was home with a concussion.

"Shannon was good tonight," Jackson said. "He was a guy size-wise that could play a guy like Evans, and we needed that size and strength to be able to play him."

Jackson also needed someone to provide some offense in the fourth quarter after Kobe Bryant suffered a strained right elbow at the end of the third.

Brown became that guy too.

Brown had eight points in the fourth quarter. He also had four rebounds.

His three-pointer from the corner midway through the fourth gave the Lakers an 87-86 lead.

Brown dribbled into lane later in the fourth after getting a pass from Bryant and made a hanging shot that he was fouled on.

Brown turned a flip on his head. Then Bryant ran over to embrace him.

Brown made the free throw for a three-point play.

"Those shots were in rhythm with what was going on out there," Brown said. "That's how we like to do it. That's how we are successful."

At 6-4, 210 pounds, Brown has the size and strength Jackson spoke of to deal with the 6-6, 220-pound Evans.

That's why late in the game Jackson put Brown on Evans.

"He played very well," Bryant said about Brown. "He has the potential to be a very good defensive player. He has the body to do it, the athleticism to do it."

Brown played all 12 minutes in the fourth, all but 12 seconds of the five-minute first overtime and all but 1 minute 1 second of the second overtime.

He made big shots and he played big-time defense.

"I'm not worried about that. He can hit shots. He can score the ball. I see that every day in practice. He can do that," Bryant said. "So that doesn't impress me at all. His defense is what impresses me."

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...009dec28,0,4159838.story

I love Shannon, all heart and hustle.

I'm hoping we'll reward him with a nice contract when this current two year stint comes close to running its course.

Back
Top Bottom