OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Vietishi

Lets get a win streak going
pimp.gif

after yall loose to da mavs
laugh.gif

Speaking of worst Lakers ever... I can't believe the following weren't mentioned...

81863241.jpg

Samaki Walker

nba-fun-vol8-2.jpg

ur boy Slava Medvedenko

The greatness of their teams severely overshadowed their nightly Laker defamation
laugh.gif

Sasha start playing better consistently before he gets traded and gets put in this conversation.

^
laugh.gif

also, if it were not for Samaki Walker and his halfcourt shot against the Kings, we would have not won that game 4, and Horry would not have been in a position to win the game for us

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

^
laugh.gif

also, if it were not for Samaki Walker and his halfcourt shot against the Kings, we would have not won that game 4, and Horry would not have been in a position to win the game for us
The game would have played entirely different
eyes.gif

While were on the topic of worst Lakers ever, ill contribute:

Tierrible Brown
mad.gif

Mike Penberthy... AKA "MP3"
laugh.gif
.. dude really wasnt THAT bad
02F.jpg

Travis Knight..........
roll.gif

travis-knight-617a.jpg

and last, but CERTAINLY not least..
Von Wafer.. SMDH

http://www.youtube.com/v/bP2hsv65l2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/bP2hsv65l2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Also don't forget that bum Laron Profit or whatever his name is. Dude was pure trash
laugh.gif
and look kinda like Kobe from the back. Oh here i found a picture
laronprofit1020_ip22zgkn.gif
He was trash, but he wasn't Sasha trash.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Ryda421

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Explain how you find that laughable tho? Seems like a fair assessment to me
nerd.gif

because horry was a roll player who only came up with two memorable shots...fisher has done WAY MORE than that. PLUS he is a starter
indifferent.gif
but it doesn't bother me because you guys say things on impulse. one minute you are the least cynical next minute you are demanding trades and taking what they mean to the team with a grain of salt.
laugh.gif

EDIT:

kobe was as valuable if NOT more than shaq during that 3peat. i clearly remember that pacers game in the finals when shaq fouled out and KOBE came through in the clutch
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You just lost me right there man. 
smh.gif
let me rephrase that, FOUR  memorable shots that mattered aka playoff time. you still lost ?

edit:

now that I think about it, he was pretty important, STILL he is now where near fish. but whatever, people can think what you want, at least I know when fish hits his next memorable shot, I will be watching and waiting for the HATE.
grin.gif

Keep workin on it and eventually you will get up to several huge moments that Robert Horry has in NBA playoff history. 
laugh.gif

And don't worry about me on Fish, I'm the one that opened the books on dude. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Was doing some cleaning and came across this, almost forgot I had it.

Thought I would share -

pimp.gif

"Experience is the best teacher of them all," Lamar Odom said.
"[Fisher] has been in the position before to make a big shot; he knows what it takes to make a big shot.

"We all saw that last year in the Finals."

Yes, we did.

But how quickly some of us forget.

Ramona Shelburne is a reporter and columnist for ESPNLosAngeles.com.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

"Experience is the best teacher of them all," Lamar Odom said.
"[Fisher] has been in the position before to make a big shot; he knows what it takes to make a big shot.

"We all saw that last year in the Finals."

Yes, we did.

But how quickly some of us forget.

Ramona Shelburne is a reporter and columnist for ESPNLosAngeles.com.

Ok here is my personal pic of the day taken here in SD. Some dude here in SD is rolling around his ride with this sticker on:

26225_351734038082_528923082_4952788_4437215_n.jpg

pimp.gif
but also had me
laugh.gif
when I first saw it yesterday in a parking lot at Barnes & Noble.

Gotta give props to the person who owns that car for not being afraid to show people his opinion out in the public. But at the same I think this also OD'ing.

But yeah for the peeps on here who wonder if SD is a Laker or Clipper town when it comes to basketball the pic says a lot on which team most SD basketball fans support down here.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]How Lakers succeeded without Kobe[/h2]
nba_g_lakers1_576.jpg

It's easy to forget now, but a few years ago the Lakers were aone-man team. In 2005-06, Kobe Bryant averaged a league-leading 35.4points per game, the league's second-highest scoring average in thepast 40 years, and all that got the Lakers was a 45-37 record and afirst-round exit courtesy of Phoenix.

Back then, L.A. dependedon Bryant to have any chance to win. He missed two games that season,and the Lakers lost both of them; when he took an on-court DNP in thesecond half of Game 7 in Phoenix, the Suns outscored the Lakers by 16points. For that season, opponents outscored the Lakers by 5.2 pointsper 100 possessions with Bryant off the court.

Fast-forward to2010, and it's a completely different story in L.A. -- one that largelyexplains how the Lakers went from playoff speed bump to NBA champions.Bryant, who is expected to return Tuesday night for the Lakers' game inMemphis, missed the past five games with a sprained left ankle, butL.A. survived four battles against playoff teams and a scrimmageagainst Golden State with an impressive 4-1 mark. The lone defeat cameby a single point, and all four wins were by double digits.

TheLakers still play worse with Bryant off the court -- they're beingoutscored by 3.0 points per 100 possessions without him on the hardwood-- but in this case the stat reflects the general failings of the benchrather than the Lakers' dependence on Bryant. Fellow starters PauGasol, Derek Fisher and Ron Artest have similar, though not quite aslarge, differentials between the team's performance with them on thecourt and off it. And watching the team thrive without Bryant isinstructive in figuring out how it developed a championship-calibersupporting cast.

For starters, there's now an alternate Plan A.The oft-heard criticism of the Lakers offensively is that they tend toforget about Gasol. Between running plays for Bryant -- never a badidea, mind you -- and trying to get Andrew Bynum involved, Gasol attimes becomes the forgotten man in L.A.'s offense. Gasol'sunselfishness is also a factor, as he'll pass even when the Lakerswould prefer that he shoot -- the penultimate possession againstBoston, for example. Regardless, I don't think it's a state secret thatGasol is unhappy with his volume of touches when the Lakers have theirfull complement of starters.

But in Bryant's absence, Gasol got at least a dozen shot attemptsfor five straight games -- the first time that's happened all season.You can also see the renewed emphasis on Gasol in his assist totals: Hecollected 22 dimes in the five games Bryant missed.

Equallyimportant was that the point guards finally stepped up. L.A.'sproduction from the 1 spot has been nonexistent much of the season,with Derek Fisher's flailing attempt at the end of the Boston gamereinforcing the idea that the Lakers need serious help at the point.But it was Fisher's late 3 in Game 4 in Orlando, and Jordan Farmar'sability to defend Aaron Brooks in the second round, that werecontributing reasons to L.A.'s title a season ago; perhaps we'reoverthinking things here.

To support that point, let me offer onebit of evidence to counter the Lakers' tales of point guard woe: WithBryant's absence giving them the opportunity to create plays, the pointguards held their own. L.A.'s duo of Fisher and Farmar combined for 94points in the four victories. Farmar in particular played some of hisbest basketball in that stretch, putting together three straightdouble-figure games for the first time since March 2008.

The duowas able to score without turning the ball over, either. The twoproduced only 14 miscues in the five games, acceptable considering theyaveraged in the high teens in scoring and did the bulk of theballhandling.

Those two were the main reasons L.A.'s offensedidn't go in the tank without Bryant. The offense wasn't great, puttingup 100.8 points per 100 possessions, but even with Bryant it hadn'tbeen going gangbusters (106.2).

Which takes us to the biggestreason L.A. won without Bryant, and the biggest reason the Lakers mightrepeat as champions: the defense. For all the talk about the triangleand Kobe and the power of their post threats, the 2009-10 Lakers are,first and foremost, a defensive juggernaut.

This represents awholesale change for the Kobe-era Lakers. For nine consecutive seasons,they rated higher in offensive efficiency than defensive efficiency,including a last-place finish in defensive efficiency in 2004-05. WhileL.A.'s defense improved the past two seasons, each time the Lakers madethe Finals primarily as an offensive team.

This season, thetables have turned. Believe it or not, the Lakers aren't a terriblyimposing offensive team even with Bryant. Currently, L.A. ranks 10th inoffensive efficiency, with five potential playoff rivals in the West ranking higher. It's the defense -- ranked a close second behind Boston in efficiency -- that has L.A. alone atop the Western Conference standings.

WithoutBryant these past five games, the D didn't miss a beat. In fact, theLakers suffocated the five opponents, permitting just 93.4 points per100 possessions.

In particular, they rebounded like crazy. L.A.permitted only 32 offensive rebounds in the five games without Bryant,while it grabbed 169 defensive caroms. That's an unheard-of 84.1percent defensive rebound rate, with Lamar Odom (64 defensive boards in five games) warranting special mention for his Dennis Rodman impersonation.

Allthis is par for the course when looking at the Lakers' defensiveresults this season. It's impossible to get anything easy against thembecause they don't give up second shots, don't allow 3-pointers anddon't put people on the line.

The Lakers are fifth in the NBA indefensive rebound rate at 74.9 percent. With their impressive size inthe paint and the ability of most of their players (most notably RonArtest) to defend one-on-one without help, the Lakers are also theNBA's best team at cutting off the 3-point line: L.A. opponents shootonly 31.7 percent from beyond the arc this season. Meanwhile, the freethrow line is a no-go zone, as L.A. leads the league in fewest opponentfree throw attempts per field goal attempt.

Because of its strongone-on-one defenders and team concept, L.A. can survive Bryant'sabsence on the defensive end virtually unscathed. While the offensecan't quite say the same thing, players like Gasol and Bynum arecertainly capable of having big nights in his absence.

As aresult, the Lakers are miles beyond where they stood three or fourseasons ago. Whereas the Lakers once were a one-man show, the resilientD and post attack now make the team an ensemble cast -- one that'sstrong enough to succeed even in the ringleader's absence.

Link:

http://insider.espn.go.co...&page=PERDiem-100223

I just copied and pasted it since another NT Laker fan requested.

But yeah I stopped reading anything with John Hollinger's name on it on ESPN.com . Dude is complete moron who basis all of his arguments and articles he publishes based purely off his own personal stats.

second of a back to back but i dont think it was due to that
there is no excuse for playing that sloppy

Bynum and gasol have been playing bad the last couple of games
gasol has been choking ALL YEAR now but now he looks scared

Fisher needs to be benched and last on the PG depth chart 3-12
sick.gif

artest?

Odom is playing great right now
pimp.gif

only dude that showed up to play tonight
smh.gif

i didnt see the entire game tonight, so idk if he did it tonight, but why has Shannon been taking stupid 3s lately?
smh.gif

dude acting like he is a shooter

Back
Top Bottom