OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

--Fish, on paper may be a liability...but in the long run play-off wise..he's battle tested and proven clutch.
--I too, cringe when I see dude drive it in. His stats are don, he gets burnt be 99.999% of other guards in the league but he still brings that championship mystique we need to repeat. Leadership, toughness and showing up when we need him most. I still have faithin dude.

guys are comparing horry to fish ? seriously ?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Please keep the personal commentary off the board. It doesn't help support your opinion kn the subject being discussed in any way.

As far as how bad the Lakers PGs are playing, specifically Fish, let me provide you with some perspective:

Fish is a -9 in net production. Second worst for players playing at least 50% of the minutes is Jared Jeffries at -6.6 and 58% (James Posey is a -7.4 at 45%).

The Lakers are a -5 in net production by position at point guard. Only the Warriors -5.7 at PG, Pacers -6.1 at C & -5.8 at SG, Wolves -5.1 at SG & -5.7 at SF, Nets -5.1 at SF & -8.1 at PF, Sacramento's -6.4 at PF, and Washington's -6.4 at SG is worse at ANY position THROUGHOUT the entire NBA.

Even though those teams were worse at those positions than the Lakers are at PG, none of them had an individual player at that position that was the cause of the deficit the way Fisher does in LA. He plays 56% of the minutes and is a -9 in net production. Farmar plays 36% of the minutes and is a +0.4. Fish is the sole cause of this playoff team worst deficit at one position.

You don't get that bad with one or two off games. That's consistent suck.

Forget having a top point guard, imagine having a guard that could just suck half as bad as Fish or really amaze and come out even! The Lakers would be steam rolling the league! They wouldn't need Fisher's clutch shots in the same way that they haven't needed Ariza's clutch steals.

The Lakers will do something about the situation during the off season, I'm just hoping it doesn't cost them in the post season.
With all of that said it doesn't necessarily mean that we need to get rid of Fish. All it means is that we need to play to our strengths. We don't need Fish to shoot the shot he is taking just pass the ball to the shooters. If he's not working out as a starter and Farmar is better then start him. Granted I agree that Farmar or Fish are our long term solutions, for now the Lakers gotta play to their strengths. No team is going to be perfect in every position and I think as Laker fans we expect that sometimes. We want greatness at all positions. The best teams in the league ALL have glaring deficiencies.

fish comes through when he has to and thats what i like about him. His age shows on the court with the quicker PGs in the league, but thats when we need farmar to help out a bit. One thing i hate about fish is when he drives to the basket, that just makes me uneasy all the time.
laugh.gif
you cant front, fish is one of the best at drawing what should be non-calls.

*edit* sasha is out for at least 2 weeks due to his shoulder injury. Morrison might get more playing time now.

Sasha out 2 weeks.

I've actually liked how he's been doing the little things, mostly boards.

davizzy wrote:

Nevermind that Shaq has never been on a championship team that didn't also feature one of the top five players in the league at the time, Kobe was dared to win without Shaquille.

Yup, ive been saying this for so many years now.

Penny, Kobe , and Dwade dont get enough credit.

Dudes act like he drug D-leaguers to the chip.

--^ I agree.
--People think Kobe cant be the player of the decade because of Shaq. Being player of the decade has nothing to so with Shaq directly.
--Throughout the decade, Kobe has been in his prime and has added aspects to his game while Shaq has been in a steady decline. TD is TD. Fundamentals and consistency. But thats all dude has. Much respect to him too though.

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Explain how you find that laughable tho? Seems like a fair assessment to me
nerd.gif

because horry was a roll player who only came up with two memorable shots...fisher has done WAY MORE than that. PLUS he is a starter
indifferent.gif
but it doesn't bother me because you guys say things on impulse. one minute you are the least cynical next minute you are demanding trades and taking what they mean to the team with a grain of salt.
laugh.gif

EDIT:

kobe was as valuable if NOT more than shaq during that 3peat. i clearly remember that pacers game in the finals when shaq fouled out and KOBE came through in the clutch
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Originally Posted by NobleKane

brian cook was waived today
laugh.gif
dont do it mitch
laugh.gif
took them long enough.  they never gave him a chance.

eyes.gif
Y'all dont think we need a soft 7 footer that can shoot 3's??

Quickest, dirtiest release in the L
pimp.gif

Considering Kobe averaged almost 30 a game during the palyoffs in the 2nd chip, and averaged 28 during the regular season, I find it funny how people act like Kobe did nothing during that 3 peat.

Dudes don't even average 28 by themselves on an 8th seed team, this guy did it with the most dominant big man in the game.

Not to mention he averaged 32 in the 03 season, yea...He was definetly not the go to guy for the Lakers, Shaq was. Kobe just managed to average 32 a game by luck. Smh

Originally Posted by Ryda421

nerd.gif

because horry was a roll player who only came up with two memorable shots...fisher has done WAY MORE than that. PLUS he is a starter
indifferent.gif
but it doesn't bother me because you guys say things on impulse. one minute you are the least cynical next minute you are demanding trades and taking what they mean to the team with a grain of salt.
laugh.gif

EDIT:

kobe was as valuable if NOT more than shaq during that 3peat. i clearly remember that pacers game in the finals when shaq fouled out and KOBE came through in the clutch
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Please don't envolve me in the whole "cynical" discussion..........but they were sayin fish IS NOW in horry territory, meaning he doesn't bring much more to the GAME other than his clutch shots(and thats not a bad thing)

nerd.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

EDIT:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Please don't envolve me in the whole "cynical" discussion..........but they were sayin fish IS NOW in horry territory, meaning he doesn't bring much more to the GAME other than his clutch shots(and thats not a bad thing)
so do you agree with that statement ? seems like do, but if you don't then forget what I said. FISHER brings more than clutch shots, if people don't see that I don't really know what to say...
smh.gif

Its funny how a lot of people (fans and commentators) are changing there stance on who is the best player in the NBA. Just because Kobe has been out for a bit, people already forgetting about Kobe. Dont get me wrong Lebron is right there and is definitely the MVP favorite for me but people are already writing Kobe off as the top player.

--Putting Kobe's rings and Bron's stats aside, even I will say Bron > Kobe.
--More importantly though, in mid June I just wanna say Lakers > Cavs.

Lebron is the best player...he deserves to win the back to back MVP
id rather be known as the best team and i want that back to back title
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

EDIT:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

so do you agree with that statement ? seems like do, but if you don't then forget what I said. FISHER brings more than clutch shots, if people don't see that I don't really know what to say...
smh.gif

I'm jus gonna say Fish inst useless, and leave it at that, which I kno we can/will both agree on
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

EDIT:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You just lost me right there man. 
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom