OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

You're better than to feel the need to throw not one, but two unnecessary pauses in a reply.
laugh.gif

But nah, Bynum sucks (pause).
indifferent.gif
Arent you the guy who defend Bynum just a season ago ?

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

I read some of the responses here and wonder if people watch the games. I mean saying Bynum is bad because of his stat line. Here's a stat you forgot, he shot 3 shots tonight.
You forget that he isn't the guy the Lakers go to to score. He is like the 3rd or fourth option to score on the team. If the Lakers would use him the way they should then he would get a lot more points and rebounds.
You forget he is 22, what were/are you doing at 22? How is your career coming along? Are you the man at your job? People, perspective!
You forget he does average 15.6 PPG and 8.3 RPG, shots almost 57% in 31 Mins per game

How well does Pau play?
17 PPG, 11 RPG, 53% FG, in 36 mins per contest.

Wow Pau must suck too huh!

Watch some basketball games, don't just rely on stats. Even when relying on stats please inform yourself before posting.

What the hell does any of this have to do with anything? We ARE watching the games, maybe you aren't. Pau has played soft and terrible by his standards on this road trip, there's no statline around that. 

And I'm really tired of the age excuse, it doesn't work anymore. My main problem with Drew is that he refuses to bring it every night or at least look like he's giving effort out there. He's lazy and just wants to play offense, I can't count on one hand the times that the ball has gone to him in the post this year and he's passed it back out. If he brings effort every night, I doubt many if any people would have a problem with him, but he doesn't. The production eventually come. And for the record Kevin Durant is 22 as well, not saying Drew is in his league, but age ain't nothing but a number. Dude has been in the league 5 years.

Fro B Giant:
I read some of the responses here and wonder if people watch the games. I mean saying Bynum is bad because of his stat line. Here's a stat you forgot, he shot 3 shots tonight.
You forget that he isn't the guy the Lakers go to to score. He is like the 3rd or fourth option to score on the team. If the Lakers would use him the way they should then he would get a lot more points and rebounds.
You forget he is 22, what were/are you doing at 22? How is your career coming along? Are you the man at your job? People, perspective!
You forget he does average 15.6 PPG and 8.3 RPG, shots almost 57% in 31 Mins per game

How well does Pau play?

Watch some basketball games, don't just rely on stats. Even when relying on stats please inform yourself before posting.
#1. I;ve already said before that I don't care about age when talking about professional athletes. If you're not ready, you shouldn't be there. I'm not going to compliment a 6-year old who makes it on the Lakers and proceeds to play like we would expect to 6-year-old to. You might say 'But he's 6! Give him time! What were you doing at 6?!', but not me. I'll just say 'He sucks', and leave age where it belongs in the assessment: out of it.

#2. That's on him for only taking 3 shots.

KenJi714:
23ska909red02:
You're better than to feel the need to throw not one, but two unnecessary pauses in a reply.
laugh.gif

But nah, Bynum sucks (pause).
indifferent.gif
Arent you the guy who defend Bynum just a season ago ?
HAYL no. Got me confused with someone else, dude.
laugh.gif

How well does Pau play?

I dont care how many points he scores

I want hustle and defense from the 2 main bigs and offense from odom

How well does Pau play?

Are we watching the same games?

I don't give a crap how much he scores or how many touches he gets. You can't put stats on hustle and defensive intensity, where he heavily lacks at. We get it, he likes to score. But then there are days where he's 3 ply tissue soft, yet he's the "true center" that we can't let go of because we need his defensive presence, if there really is one. I guess his size (pause) is good enough for defense.

If an aging Juwan Howard is punking you on boards then there's a problem. But hey, he's got great touch and has a solid post game when not rushed.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I'm not worried about him being a cancer, I'm worried about his game.  That's all.  If you'll notice, Ariza seemed to be one of those guys that has no fear, ala Horry or Fish.  They suck all day, and then when the clock is ticking and the ball is out of Kobe's hands, he didn't seem afraid to take AND MAKE big shots.  Notice what he has done this year in Houston, (including yesterday hitting the 3 to go to OT)  Having guys like that are valuable. 
Interesting point I made yesterday before the game isn't it? 
wink.gif

Zach Randolph of all people made pretty much the same shot.  But oh well.  Kobe missed too many damn free throws, and Pau has sucked the last few games.  Something I'm not happy about. 

Drew was a bum last night, but I don't blame him there, you KNOW he was seeing ghosts in that building. 
laugh.gif

Remember all, Phil usually gets them to the all star break before he makes that push.  They'll get those 4-5 days off, and then he will get to work, stay on course.  It's ok to be the worst 37-12 team in the NBA. 

Denver has been hot even with Melo out. We can't afford to keep giving away or failing to execute in games at the end.

Anyway article from Lakers.com

Kobe Bryant is the greatest scorer in Lakers history.

Ever.

Not Shaq. Not Magic Johnson, James Worthy or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Not Gail Goodrich, Elgin Baylor or even Mr. Clutch himself, Jerry West, whom Bryant passed with a gutsy end-of-road-trip performance in Memphis.

After 13 days on the road, most of the Lakers looked like they simply wanted to hop on Monday night's charter back to Los Angeles. But with the team down 11 points in the second quarter, Bryant scored the final 13 of the quarter himself to get to 23 points, five shy of West's 25,182.

Then in the third quarter, Bryant exploded through the paint for consecutive slam dunks, the latter a breakaway two-hander that got him to 29 points on the night and 25,183 for his career, surpassing West by a point.

Earlier this season, we had the opportunity to speak with Jerry West himself. Who better, after all, to talk about Kobe than the man who drafted the skinny 17-year-old out of Lower Merion High School in Philadelphia.

Here's a portion of the transcript from our interview with West, which took place at his house in late December:

Mike Trudell: On what West saw in Kobe Bryant during his first workout in Santa Monica as a 17-year old.
Jerry West: It really wasn’t that difficult at all to be honest with you. I think when people see him playing, they want to compliment someone for doing something that was easy to do. He was just incredibly skilled. His determination level was frankly off the charts. His desire to compete was incredible. He was raw … when young players come into the league, I think they look at themselves as having to get out and score a bunch of points to impress people, (but) the greatest players are the best all-around players. We throw the word ‘superstar’ around so loosely. There are very few superstars, and he had the ability to be one. But could he take this enormous skill and harness it into being a player that would help a team win, and win on a high level.

MT: On Bryant's unparalleled will and consistency:
West: He just keeps getting better and better and better. Just watching him play this year, I think this will be his greatest year ever. He will be the most valuable player in the league this year. He will be. His play has been that great. And to watch him do that year after year after year – that’s the thing that the average person does not understand, how difficult it is to prepare yourself to play every night, and knowing that ultimately, you’re going to make a team win. He’s going to make a team win. You take him off that team, they’d still be a good team because they’re talented up front, but they would lose their confidence. He brings confidence to the table through his play and his incredible desire. You don’t have to ask him to compete, and when I watch him play, I say to myself, ‘My God, here’s the second coming of Michael Jordan.’ He’s reached that status as a player.

MT: On how much Kobe's game has developed:
West: I watch him today, and I just marvel at how good he’s gotten, and also how he’s subtlety changed his game. He’s not the player that would run and dunk over people all the time, he’s learned how to finesse the ball in the basket. He’s got a great low post game now. He’s almost an impossible task (to guard). People say, well, that was an unbelievable shot – other people can’t do those things, OK? But for him, it’s not an unbelievable shot, it’s something that’s become commonplace for him, and you expect it from him. He’s just been one of the most remarkable players – I think in overall talent - and again I don’t know how you judge players other than talent - I think he’s probably been the greatest all-around player that the Lakers have ever had. And when I talk about all-around, I’m talking about defense, and his ability to score the ball, his competitiveness and the fact that his teams win. You watch Magic Johnson play, a completely different player. He was incredible and I love Magic, but I think for pure talent and pure ability to go out and dominate a game the way he can dominate on the offensive end, and then to watch him defend – he’s become a very good defender. He’s become a great teammate. This is a long process from the time he was 17-years-old … there is something that some people were born with, and he was born with ‘it.’ How do you describe ‘it’?

MT: On the similarity between West and Kobe in terms of an ability to play both offense and defense.
West: I really don’t reflect a whole lot back on my career, but it was something that I was taught early on in life. My high school coach talked about the importance of being a defensive player. The one thing that Kobe, because he scores so easily and makes shots late in the game, people tend to forget that that’s one of the things that sets him apart because he is an all-around player. But you have to have drive to compete at a high level. I know it probably makes a lot of people in Los Angeles mad that I don’t mention a Lakers player in Michael Jordan’s breath, but it’s impossible to compare players to different players. And the reason I think Michael Jordan is the greatest player that we’ve ever seen – I didn’t say the greatest winner, I didn’t say the greatest leader, but the greatest player we’ve ever seen – (is because) he was Chicago’s best scorer, the league’s best scorer, he was also the best defensive player in the league. And with all due deference to Scottie Pippen – (who) was a terrific defensive player – he wasn’t I don’t think in Michael Jordan’s caliber. I just have so admired players that play at both ends of the court and compete at that level, and like I say, Kobe Bryant is right there with (Jordan) in terms of the way he competes and the way he approaches the game. He’s not going to lose, and his determination has set him apart from players of all generations.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Logo and now I'm off to celebrate my birthday with 7 straight hours of class 
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
. Have a good day Laker fam.

Not even trippin on losses anymore
laugh.gif
, I thoroughly enjoyed that game. This is not the focus and intensity we will have for the playoffs, thats what i am waiting for. I really do wish Kobe would have taken that shot.. even if he had to force it, I think he rightfully deserved to take the shot under any circumstances in that game. Whatever though, cant complain with the WIDE open look Artest had.
sick.gif
Dude just ruined his chances that Kobe will ever pass to him in the final seconds again
laugh.gif

On another note, I finally added this to my Laker Library

2000. WCF. Game 7 vs. the Trailblazers
pimp.gif

Pau Gasol Unhappy With Kobe’s Shooting Spree
While the rest of the world was busy feting Kobe Bryant for surpassing the great Jerry West on the all-time scoring list last night in Memphis, his teammate Pau Gasol stewed over the lack of touches he received in the loss (only ten shot attempts compared to KB’s 28), indicating a growing frustration with his role within the Laker offense.

So, is this Kobe vs. Shaq, the remix? Probably not — Gasol isn’t nearly as combative or willing to fight Bryant for top dog status as O’Neal was — but it’s certainly something worth keeping an eye on.

The OC Register tried to capture Pau’s sullen mood last night:
Gasol has on several occasions offered passive-aggressive comments about not getting the ball enough after Lakers losses in the past. This time, the comments leaned a little harder toward aggressive, particularly when it came to Bryant.

Gasol was asked about Bryant’s new record and offered politically correct – and believably authentic – commentary (“I’m proud of him; I congratulate him

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

kobe_bryant_slam_136.jpg

SLAM giving Kobe another cover.
pimp.gif

I think he's passed Iverson as SLAM's favorite coverboy.
laugh.gif

I just let my SLAM subscription expire too.  I will just pick this up at the store.

good for Pau to speak up....just not when he's been playing soft this year and has been pushed around by the Varejao's of the league. I recall him getting several touches under the basket this road trip and not finishing (or making free throws at that).

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

kobe_bryant_slam_136.jpg

SLAM giving Kobe another cover.
pimp.gif

I think he's passed Iverson as SLAM's favorite coverboy.
laugh.gif

I just let my SLAM subscription expire too.  I will just pick this up at the store.

pimp.gif

Nah I think Lebron owns the record for most SLAM covers. They seriously have been on his jock since his sophmore season in high school
laugh.gif

roll.gif
@ pau

he has not done anything when he gets the ball
he either clanks a jumper or drives and gets bodied up and misses

lately he has even been missing easy shots from kobe passes inside

on defense his arms look like they are pieces of cloth that players can just pass through and score

I'm not even going to comment right now on my opinion of what Pau said, because y'all aren't gonna like it.

laugh.gif

I'll speak on it eventually, but not now.

Those of you that always (and only) quote me whenever you've perceived my reply on Kobe as negative, you'll just have to wait. You got a misinterpreted signal with this reply.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

I'm hoping (in vain, I know) that someone else will say what I have to say on it before I do, so maybe I can just piggyback their words.
nerd.gif
*shrugs*

Good for Pau to speak up. But it doesn't matter if you get touches and still don't do anything productive. Kobe was on fire last night, I don't have a problem him taking shots when he's feeling it. Pau needs to worry about his lack of upper body strength and defense instead of offensive touches, we have plenty of guys who can and love to score, but just one or two people who seem to want to play defense and Mr. Gasol is not one of them.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Pau Gasol Unhappy With Kobe’s Shooting Spree
While the rest of the world was busy feting Kobe Bryant for surpassing the great Jerry West on the all-time scoring list last night in Memphis, his teammate Pau Gasol stewed over the lack of touches he received in the loss (only ten shot attempts compared to KB’s 28), indicating a growing frustration with his role within the Laker offense.

So, is this Kobe vs. Shaq, the remix? Probably not — Gasol isn’t nearly as combative or willing to fight Bryant for top dog status as O’Neal was — but it’s certainly something worth keeping an eye on.

The OC Register tried to capture Pau’s sullen mood last night:
Gasol has on several occasions offered passive-aggressive comments about not getting the ball enough after Lakers losses in the past. This time, the comments leaned a little harder toward aggressive, particularly when it came to Bryant.

Gasol was asked about Bryant’s new record and offered politically correct – and believably authentic – commentary (“I’m proud of him; I congratulate him

Back
Top Bottom