OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by tupac003

What's good lakers fam,

I know its been a minute but I am still stuck on deployment. Got another 50 days until I can get back to the crib. I haven't been able to catch many games out here so I am wondering are we as good as our record shows? Are there any changes we need to make? How is the Artest deal working out for you guys? I can't wait to get back so I don't have to miss any more games. You guys keep holding it down!

Lets go Lakers!
Stay safe out there man.  Get back home to your fam quick as you can. 

We are the worst 35-11 team in the NBA.  Hands down.  (You were here last year, you should know where this is from) 

The Artest deal is worthless currently, but he's a little slowed with some injury issues at the moment, if he gets healthy for April/May/June, we should be fine there. 

There has been a lot of trade talk from Bynum for Bosh, to scrubs for Devin Harris, to scrubs for Hinrich.  Not sure if they will go down or not. 

Bottom line, if Kobe gets/stays healthy, Pau and Bynum stay healthy, and Artest gets motivated come playoff time, we walk to the finals.  Then it's even money how we do.  Could go either way, pending the matchup/HC and all that. 

Artest is not worthless, he can defend the best player on the other team and keep Kobe from having to. That is worth a lot in my book. To me this will save Kobe's legs, without Artest we don't get as many wins as we have while Kobe is not 100%. guy has a broken finger, busted up ankle, and a bad back. Yet he's still out there.

Great win today. Artest set the tempo from the start. He hasn't been what we might have expected offensively but he does things that don't show up in the box score.
I'm satisfied with his overall performance this season.

People giving Artest a bunch of credit for yesterday are delusional. 

After Rondo, the best player on the floor yesterday was??????  Andrew Bynum.  The 22 year old "bum" Laker fans can't wait to get rid of.  And Phil damn near cost us by not keeping that guy on the court in the first half. 

I was THIS close to coming in here today losing it with Ron.  We've played Melo, Bron, and Paul now, all of whom he was expected to handle, and we were 1 shot away from being 0-4 against them.  That miracle shot Ron hit, and then the jog into the stands saved his butt today, lemme tell ya. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

People giving Artest a bunch of credit for yesterday are delusional. 

After Rondo, the best player on the floor yesterday was??????  Andrew Bynum.  The 22 year old "bum" Laker fans can't wait to get rid of.  And Phil damn near cost us by not keeping that guy on the court in the first half. 

I was THIS close to coming in here today losing it with Ron.  We've played Melo, Bron, and Paul now, all of whom he was expected to handle, and we were 1 shot away from being 0-4 against them.  That miracle shot Ron hit, and then the jog into the stands saved his butt today, lemme tell ya. 
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Your problem with Ron Ron is that you never have liked him. Before and after he signed with the Lakers you thought he was a loser and would eventually be a cancer to the team. I myself have not had that may complaints or issues with him. Ron Ron has come in and has not caused any problems or done anything weird like the whole world is expecting and waiting for him to do, well at least on the on court, off the court and last summer was a different story
laugh.gif
As far as his performance on the court he's putting up 11 or 12 ppg which is good for a team that's as deep and loaded with talent like the Lakers have right now, it's really unrealistic for people to expect him to put 17 to 20 ppg like he was when he was playing in Indiana, Sacramento, and Houston. Defensively sure he's lost a step from the days when he won DPOY but he's still leading the teams steal per game and watching him so far this season he's been hustling, diving for loose ball, and has been a defensive enforcer for the team.

I'm not worried about him being a cancer, I'm worried about his game.  That's all.  If you'll notice, Ariza seemed to be one of those guys that has no fear, ala Horry or Fish.  They suck all day, and then when the clock is ticking and the ball is out of Kobe's hands, he didn't seem afraid to take AND MAKE big shots.  Notice what he has done this year in Houston, (including yesterday hitting the 3 to go to OT)  Having guys like that are valuable. 

Artest has been fine this year, but his game is getting worse and worse.  I thought Ariza was poor dribbling the ball, and then I saw Ron do it. 
laugh.gif

The one thing I DID like from Ron yesterday was starting up with Paul before the game, and even the little elbow to KG.  Those things, I will give the man credit for.  But I still don't trust him for @#$%.  But I'm hopefull. 

Anyone hear the Simmons Podcast from Friday?  he said he would take Dirk over Kobe for the last shot of the game, he said Kobe was overrated at the end of games, and he doesn't trust whether the shot would go in or not..........wonder how he feels now after that first hand look he got yesterday. 
roll.gif
pimp.gif

It is ironic Dirk misses the game tying shot vs Portland and Kobe hits the game winner vs Boston over the weekend.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

It is ironic Dirk misses the game tying shot vs Portland and Kobe hits the game winner vs Boston over the weekend.
laugh.gif
how is it ironic?
laugh.gif

you notice that kg didnt do squat when artest did that?...i bet if it was sasha he'd be barking in his face
laugh.gif

so phil has tied pat for most Laker wins as a coach...does this mean phil is the greatest coach of all-time since he will pass him this year?...or does he have to win another ring?

Kobe gets 28 tonight and the all time mark is his.  I wonder if he just gets like 25 or whatever and then stalls to wait til the next game at home to get the record.  If you listened to Simmons, he thinks like that.
laugh.gif

We seriously need to start putting the podcasts in here, they make me chuckle like no other.  Dude was saying how Kobe looks at every number, but then says LeBron doesn't..........the same guy that tackled his own teammate for a rebound to get a triple double. 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
 Yeah, he don't look at his numbers. 

This game tonight is must win imo.  We NEED to come home 6-2 (especially since the Bobcats will beat us again-ya'll know it's coming)  Our schedule comin up is TOUGH

@ Memphis
Charlotte
Denver
@ Portland (back to back after Den)
San Antonio
@ Utah
All Star Break
Breather vs Golden St
Boston
@ Memphis
@ Dallas
Breather vs Philly
Denver

That's February, and it's rough.  Honestly, 6-6 would be ok to me.  I can't really ask for better then that.  If we get 7-8 wins outta this month, I will be very pleased, but this is a tough damn month. 

Yes, Bynum is still a bum. Yes, he is a bum that had a good game against the Celtics. Yay. At this point, you're praising him for doing something that he SHOULD be doing every night if he were as great as you're trying to convince people he is: get a double-double. If he were worthy of the accolades and praise he's been getting before about midseason last year, if he were worthy of the 'Boy, has he got potential!' talk that he's received his whole career, we'd see double-doubles at least a couple times a week.

No, Artest isn't Ariza. He isn't as athletic, but Ariza wanted to play games. Deal with that the same way I have to deal with Bynum's overrated self being on the team.

thatssallkthxbye

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

That boy Bynum is a beast.
smokin.gif

5 points + 5 fouls

pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm pretty sure he was terrified of getting hurt out there. I think he deserves a new nickname...ByBUM 
nerd.gif

Sad to waste KB's historic night in a loss, but leading all-time scorer in Laker history 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

odom and fisher have consistently sucked all year

15 turnovers, out rebounded by 10, a lot of missed Fts
this team still does not care and are not hungry for a championship

gasol, fisher, and odom
sick.gif

kobe needs to shoot every time when it comes to game winners
im sure he will from now on
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Not hating on Bynum, but when I talk to my friends about Bynum and the Bosh rumors they always bring up the true center reply.

Call it what you want, but for Bynum's and height and size (pause), he's just as soft as Gasol (double pause).

You're better than to feel the need to throw not one, but two unnecessary pauses in a reply.
laugh.gif

But nah, Bynum sucks (pause).

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Not hating on Bynum, but when I talk to my friends about Bynum and the Bosh rumors they always bring up the true center reply.

Call it what you want, but for Bynum's and height and size (pause), he's just as soft as Gasol (double pause).
Yeah he is. There are countless games where he doesn't get more than 5 rebounds. He doesn't play big for his size (pause) he's just long out there (pause). Bosh would give us more production scoring wise and on the boards so I don't know why they wouldn't do a trade if it's available.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Yeah he is. There are countless games where he doesn't get more than 5 rebounds. He doesn't play big for is size (pause) he's just long out there (pause). Bosh would give us more production scoring wise and on the boards so I don't know why they wouldn't do a trade if it's available.
Same thing I was thinking

the lakers can not get any softer inside
when we play big guys that are decent pau and bynum either disappear or are abused like today

maybe they can find a way to get rid of odom too

Enh, I'll play the role of CP and defend Bynum and put a positive spin on all the negative talk.
smokin.gif

Regarding the negative talk: we're the best team with a record above .700 in the league.
smokin.gif

Wait, no we're not. I did that wrong, didn't I?

Alright, lemme give it another crack. We're the team with the best road record in the league.
smokin.gif

Errrr... scratch that.

Alright, lemme ditch this effort and go with the 'defend Bynum' portion of this segment.

I got nothing. *shrugs*

I read some of the responses here and wonder if people watch the games. I mean saying Bynum is bad because of his stat line. Here's a stat you forgot, he shot 3 shots tonight.
You forget that he isn't the guy the Lakers go to to score. He is like the 3rd or fourth option to score on the team. If the Lakers would use him the way they should then he would get a lot more points and rebounds.
You forget he is 22, what were/are you doing at 22? How is your career coming along? Are you the man at your job? People, perspective!
You forget he does average 15.6 PPG and 8.3 RPG, shots almost 57% in 31 Mins per game

How well does Pau play?
17 PPG, 11 RPG, 53% FG, in 36 mins per contest.

Wow Pau must suck too huh!

Watch some basketball games, don't just rely on stats. Even when relying on stats please inform yourself before posting.

A lot of us here are extremely irrational here when it comes to certain players. I'm not going to name names, but this should be clear to everyone.

Frankly, while I would have been slightly in favor of a Bosh for Bynum trade, I'm happy with what Bynum has done for us, considering that he will get better once his priority number starts to go up.

And I am absolutely against trading Odom. The man is the best insurance policy in the NBA.

Back
Top Bottom