OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

You take the early or mid-years Magic, throw him on that team with Smush and Kwame, take Kobe out of the picture, and Magic has more success with them.

" Magic with a no look pass!....and Kwame drrrrooooppss the ball!"

"Here we go Magic running the break Great pass to Smush ..........and SMUSH MISSES the Layup"

thats why kobe didnt pass the ball much
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kookcle

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

You take the early or mid-years Magic, throw him on that team with Smush and Kwame, take Kobe out of the picture, and Magic has more success with them.

" Magic with a no look pass!....and Kwame drrrrooooppss the ball!"

"Here we go Magic running the break Great pass to Smush ..........and SMUSH MISSES the Layup"

EXACTLY  what I was going to say. 

My biggest arguments during the Kobe/Nash MVP stuff was that if you put Kobe on the Suns, they win it all, if you put Nash on the Lakers, they wouldn't have even made the playoffs.  Nash would pass to Kwame over and over and all he would do is fumble it outta bounds.  I'm bein honest here, I am STILL scarred from that garbage.  I notice EVERY single time Kobe makes a pass to Bynum or Gasol that they catch and then finish, wow, it's nice to have someone do that.  IT'S BEEN 3 YEARS MAN, and I STILL can't get that fear of tight passes outta my mind.  
laugh.gif

Magic woulda knocked Kwame the @#$% out with some of those no looks.  Easy money. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

But nah, I think the main things Magic would have done with them would have been off court. I know it makes them sound b___-made to say they needed a gentle leader, someone that would provide more encouragement than criticism, but that's exactly what they needed, and I think Magic would have provided that.

I think those are the kinds of things that Magic's teammates benefited from, why him (and people like him) are labeled 'consummate team player'. They see their teammates' needs, and try to be that for them.

as much as i wanna agree with you ska...you cant teach a cat to fly or a fish to walk thats how i feel about kwame and smush...its just not possible 

--It still astounds me that Kwame and Smush were Lakers.
--Talk about suicidal years while the Spurs and Suns were running the show. Dang.

^and zodogg with his "YEAH *insert any team who beat the Lakers that night*"

eyes.gif

i know hes here lurking and it must kill him to see his suns in the bottom with us as the defending champs
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

^and zodogg with his "YEAH *insert any team who beat the Lakers that night*"

eyes.gif

i know hes here lurking and it must kill him to see his suns in the bottom with us as the defending champs
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
To be honest, he does lurk, but his concern with the Lakers isn't really what you think it is. He still hates them, but it really doesn't matter to him that we're champs.

I talk to him on twitter. He's a good dude once you get passed all that overzealous suns fan image he's shown on NT.

What's good lakers fam,

I know its been a minute but I am still stuck on deployment. Got another 50 days until I can get back to the crib. I haven't been able to catch many games out here so I am wondering are we as good as our record shows? Are there any changes we need to make? How is the Artest deal working out for you guys? I can't wait to get back so I don't have to miss any more games. You guys keep holding it down!

Lets go Lakers!

Originally Posted by tupac003

What's good lakers fam,

I know its been a minute but I am still stuck on deployment. Got another 50 days until I can get back to the crib. I haven't been able to catch many games out here so I am wondering are we as good as our record shows? Are there any changes we need to make? How is the Artest deal working out for you guys? I can't wait to get back so I don't have to miss any more games. You guys keep holding it down!

Lets go Lakers!
Stay safe out there man.  Get back home to your fam quick as you can. 

We are the worst 35-11 team in the NBA.  Hands down.  (You were here last year, you should know where this is from) 

The Artest deal is worthless currently, but he's a little slowed with some injury issues at the moment, if he gets healthy for April/May/June, we should be fine there. 

There has been a lot of trade talk from Bynum for Bosh, to scrubs for Devin Harris, to scrubs for Hinrich.  Not sure if they will go down or not. 

Bottom line, if Kobe gets/stays healthy, Pau and Bynum stay healthy, and Artest gets motivated come playoff time, we walk to the finals.  Then it's even money how we do.  Could go either way, pending the matchup/HC and all that. 

Drew is pissing me off with his lazy jogs on defense. Looks like he's not even trying to get back to man the middle.

What's good lakers fam,

Lets go Lakers!
Tupac my dude, how you been? I'm about to enlist myself in the Navy, just waiting on my Bu-med waiver to get ok'd and then finalize some paperwork and get my boot camp date. I'm trying to get a job as CT.

As far as our Lakers go, imo, the record shows how they've played. Granted, there have been some hiccups and shoulda woulda coulda games and some games that leave you like WTH, but they're doing fine.

Still the same ol' issues in regards to the pg situation.

Artest is well, I don't really know what to say. Offensively, doesn't really do much, but he does provide somewhat of a tougher defense at the 3. There's upside to what he can do for the team but I guess we're just waiting for that to come into fruition.

Stay up homie and we'll see ya home soon.

--There's at least one post on every page that says we have point guard issues.
--I think this is only because other "true" point guards always burn us. CP3, DWill, Tony Parker, Nash. We havent really played Rondo alot but he been ballin.
--With the way the current Lakers are set up, I dont think we need a "true" point guard yet. The triangle doesnt call for it, doesnt need it. In Chicago Jordan was the 2 guard obviously but he had dudes like Paxson, Armstrong and Harper running the point. Are these guys in the same "league" as the previous PG's I just mentioned? Hell no. But the triangle and their system of play got it done. And I consider those 3 Bulls to be kinds 2 guards as well. Earlier in the decade we had Harper and Lindsey Hunter and Brian Shaw running the point and again it worked out. Are these guys in the same class as the PG's I previously mentioned? Hell no. Again. But it still worked out for the system.

--We had Fisher and Farmar for the past 2 years. Hmmm..how did that work out. A Finals loss to one of the best defenses that played the game...and an NBA Championship.
--In the triangle, with either Kobe or Lamar or even >gulp< a "garbage" PG DFish handling the ball, everything should and will work out to get the ball into the basket.
--Jordan never had a true PG and had centers like Wennington and Longley. Wow. System system system.

--We dont need anything until something stops working. PG issues after winning a championship? LOL
--I agree though when Kobe and Dfish are long gone and Phil is gone as well we will need a true PG, a dominant one. In the meantime...uh uh.

What's good lakers fam,

Lets go Lakers!
wsup tupac?!...hows everything brother?...hope everything is well with you...anyways i think we were basically holding fort since our key guys were hurt namely pau, ron and kobe....but its the end of january...for the last couple games kobe looks like his finger is looking much better, pau is getting back into shape and ron well hes still has that nagging foot injury BUT i think after the all-star break we'll be fine...if we start playing at the right time say march and april then its good...the changes we need to do are obvious get rid of sasha
laugh.gif
 and i really think farmar needs to go as well

To be honest, he does lurk, but his concern with the Lakers isn't really what you think it is. He still hates them, but it really doesn't matter to him that we're champs.

I talk to him on twitter. He's a good dude once you get passed all that overzealous suns fan image he's shown on NT.
im pretty sure everyone here are good dudes but of course sometimes you say things that make you look like a bad guy
laugh.gif

Fam I have been good. Getting ready to hit Thailand in the morning so hopefully I can catch the Lakers/Celtics game.

I had heard some rumblings about the bosh for drew deal. Yall know me I do like drew but damn that boy needs to play like he gives a damn sometimes. Devin Harris sounds nice but I know that is just a pipe dream. Mitch pulls that off...WOW would be all I could say. If things are like last year then I am not worried at all. I have heard of Kobe’s injuries so I hope we could get him some time off to heal. Think this team will re-focus and be a beast in the playoffs. I still worry about Cleveland though...

Hey KB8 shoot me an e-mail. [email protected] That CT job is great....Let me know where you are at in your process and lets see if we can get you an enlistment bonus like I did. 10K is 10K....

Fam I have been good. Getting ready to hit Thailand in the morning so hopefully I can catch the Lakers/Celtics game.

I had heard some rumblings about the bosh for drew deal. Yall know me I do like drew but damn that boy needs to play like he gives a damn sometimes. Devin Harris sounds nice but I know that is just a pipe dream. Mitch pulls that off...WOW would be all I could say. If things are like last year then I am not worried at all. I have heard of Kobe’s injuries so I hope we could get him some time off to heal. Think this team will re-focus and be a beast in the playoffs. I still worry about Cleveland though...

Hey KB8 shoot me an e-mail. [email protected] That CT job is great....Let me know where you are at in your process and lets see if we can get you an enlistment bonus like I did. 10K is 10K....
No doubt. I'll get at you. My recruiter was telling me they're only offering bonuses for Nuclear tho now. But let me know what's good, I'll take any bonus.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

whoooa kobe questionable for tomorrows game?? dint watch yesterdays game, did he get injured?
I didn't watch the game, but his ankle got rolled up on by one of the Philly players. He finished the game, and with this being a huge game, there's no way he's stilling out. I don't think he ever will unless his leg has to be amputated
laugh.gif

Kobe will be fine.

Yeah, it was a scare, but the way he finished the game showed that the knee and ankle didn't bother him one bit.

But, it does bother me that dude continues to fight the injuries. I'm concerned with the long haul. I just hope this doesn't bite the Lakers in the !@#.

havent checked this post in AGES! too superstitious lol.

but yeah my thoughts on the season: i truely believe this lakers team isnt as hungry as last year (pretty obvious i know). but im sayin, like they look bored some games.........which could be very very dangerous in the playoffs. however, i still refuse to believe a team would beat this lakers squad in a best of 7..........but we shall see

Back
Top Bottom