OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

laugh.gif
I feel you bro

O.C. Register: Unbeknownst to the public, Artest is currently playing with plantar fasciitis in his right foot, the same foot on which he suffered a bad ankle sprain last season with Houston. He also has a sore left foot from being stepped on recently. He's basically out there with no base, which makes it pretty hard to be athletic.
eyes.gif
hopefully its not that serious.

Eric Pincus of Hoopsworld posted this in today's chat regarding the validity of the trade rumor:

Cynthia Burnett in West Hollywood:
Is the latest rumor just a Phil Jackson way to motivate young Bynum to play with more passion? I highly doubt the lakers trade bynum for bosh when their most glaring need is at the point.

hw_icon.gif

Eric Pincus:

To your first question, absolutely not. I hear some folks in particular are very upset this got out. This is the last thing the Lakers would want out in the press.

For the record, point guard has rarely been a major concern for Phil Jackson. He just wants a guy who can defend the position and hit open shots without pounding the ball into the floor.

Too many true point guards are ineffective without the ball. While LA needs an upgrade, they may be able to fill that spot with a stopgap without having to cash in their attractive trade pieces (such as they are).

In the 8 loses we have his FG is 32%
He is shooting 26% from the 3
wait it gets better....in the last 5 loses he has a grand total of 3 assist

I know you don't need a pure point guard in the triangle offensive but Fisher has been
sick.gif

Yes i know he has made clutch shots but dude fell off hard compared to last year.

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

In the 8 loses we have his FG is 32%
He is shooting 26% from the 3
wait it gets better....in the last 5 loses he has a grand total of 3 assist

I know you don't need a pure point guard in the triangle offensive but Fisher has been
sick.gif

Yes i know he has made clutch shots but dude fell off hard compared to last year.
Give him the Robert Horry treatment
laugh.gif
...let him be a bum in the regularseason and cross our fingers hoping he comes through in the playoffs.

Hope Fish doesn't lay a goose egg like Horry did his last season.

You guys honestly like the idea of Bosh for Bynum? Because i dont feel like its a good deal, Bynum is only 21-22? Has soooo much potential why trade him foranother all star when everything is fine & your winning? Makes no sense. I can see if he was doing terrible but he's putting up All-Star esque numbers

Lakers are 8-6 away from Staples and I wouldn't be surprised when they leave Texas they'll be 8-7.

If we can't win on the road, it ain't a good look.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Lakers are 8-6 away from Staples and I wouldn't be surprised when they leave Texas they'll be 8-7.

If we can't win on the road, it ain't a good look.
grin.gif

LA never had a chance with a bench like that....
sick.gif

smh.gif
at Kobe also....thinks he is superman but when your injured you need rest...

Shannon Brown should have taken all of Fish and Farmar's minutes.

Big ups to Luke Walton, myyy dudde!
pimp.gif

We'll be fine we have been almost fully healthy for about an entire week this whole season.

It's hard to win when you're missing your best and/or 2nd best player

I'm not concerned about this slump, either. We're still contending for best record, we've still got plenty of time to get our rotation tight andeffective.

My concerns are with Bynum's inconsistent play. If he really can't get it together with Gasol, are we forced to move him to the bench and revive thebench mob?

Don't even pull the injury card on this team.

When there are teams like Houston and Portland who fight 10x harder than the Lakers on any given night.

When there are teams like Houston and Portland who fight 10x harder than the Lakers on any given night.
Yeah but their guys play hard regardless...we have maybe 3 or 4 people at most who come to play every night and when those are out, you get whathappened tonight and the last few games.

Like I said, you don't pull the injury card on a team with this much talent.

Regardless of those teams playing hard night in and night out, that isn't an excuse for the talent the Lakers have to have consistent games they'redown 20+ points.

eyes.gif

it helps when your home stadium goes bananas and the refs got your back. you act as if portland plays that consistently. same with rockets, except for the refspart. Lakers just play down to their competition day in and day out. it will always be this way. this logic got me leaning towards fixation of these pro games.
tired.gif

lets be real...the west is no longer the conference it was a few years ago...the lakers ARE THE premier team. make it ot the playoffs healthy and you guys cantcomplain.

Originally Posted by agold1002

lets be real...the west is no longer the conference it was a few years ago...the lakers ARE THE premier team. make it ot the playoffs healthy and you guys cant complain.
The west is still stronger than the east. The east seeds 5 through 8 have a 500 or below record and are still able to make the playoffs, while thewestern conference the 2 through 8 seeds are 1 to 4 games behind each other in the loss column. Also look at the young upcoming teams that are making a pushwithin the next 2 to 3 years (Clips, Kings, Grizzlies) .

Bryant had 16 points and attempted a season-low 10 field goals before leaving in the third quarter after injuring his back in the first half. He said he's "pretty sure" he will play Wednesday at Dallas."I could barely move," Bryant said. "I tried to orchestrate some things for my team, couldn't walk. I literally couldn't walk. It's the only way I don't play."Bryant is already trying to overcome a broken right index finger that has hampered his shooting of late. In a win over Milwaukee on Sunday, Bryant scored 12 on 4-of-21 shooting. He continued wearing a splint over the finger against the Spurs.Andrew Bynum scored 23 points, and Ron Artest had 13 but sprained his right index finger during the game. Lakers coach Phil Jackson said Artest is day-to-day, and said Gasol has set his sights on returning Friday against the Clippers.Los Angeles has lost three of four -- its worst slump yet by the standards of the NBA's best team. But banged-up or not, Bryant is not tolerating any excuses for the Lakers."It's part of the business," Bryant said. "I won't allow my guys to even think about that or have that attitude."
Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com...=300112024&sport=nba

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by agold1002

lets be real...the west is no longer the conference it was a few years ago...the lakers ARE THE premier team. make it ot the playoffs healthy and you guys cant complain.
The west is still stronger than the east. The east seeds 5 through 8 have a 500 or below record and are still able to make the playoffs, while the western conference the 2 through 8 seeds are 1 to 4 games behind each other in the loss column. Also look at the young upcoming teams that are making a push within the next 2 to 3 years (Clips, Kings, Grizzlies) .

im not debating that but its not the west it used to be...take your 1 seed and hope to be healthy and you guys have a good shot at a repeat.

Back
Top Bottom