OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

im gonna commit suicide if that trade gets pulled off
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

The Bosh trade doesn't make sense, then it does, and doesn't again.

Why would Toronto give him up that easy without a major sign and trade, doesn't make sense

For a title run this year, makes sense

Losing him to Free agency in the offseason, and not having Andrew Bynum, doesn't make sense

laugh.gif

i hope this happens
pimp.gif

but i have the same feeling as i did with the j.kidd trade too...not happening
laugh.gif

again we have the best record in the L...the defending NBA champs and yet were talking trades
laugh.gif
...i love being a Laker fan
pimp.gif

Defensively, it will not matter whether we have Bosh or Bynum. Shaq, Perkins, and Howard abuse Bynum every time they meet. Bynum is not really that strong orphysical compared to other bigs.

Pick n roll defense would improve though. This is just like the Kidd deal and nothing will happen
eyes.gif
grin.gif
tired.gif

Howard abused Bynum in the finals?

When has Perkins ever played Bynum????? He missed the finals, and was out for the second game last season......so uhhhh.......

And Shaq will forever get up against us, if Bynum were on the Bucks and played Shaq, he would light his old @#$ up.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

How about Kirk Hinrich and Joakim Noah for Bynum?
pimp.gif
even better deal.....noah has better instincts when it comes to rebounding. hinrich would just play off of everyone else.

Howard got Bynum in foul trouble every game and made him irrelevant.
You or I coulda got Bynum in foul trouble in last year's postseason.

But Howard didn't exactly murder LA either. What Shaq did to Rik Smits was murder, what Howard did to Bynum was maybe kick him in the shins, or slap himreal hard.

Originally Posted by kobe8is

CP1708 13000!!
smokin.gif

The case with Bosh he comes to play every night. Bynum not that much.

Agree, but let's say this happens, what will the Lakers do beyond 2010, without a presence in the middle?

No way in hell they are going to offer Bosh a max deal, they just gave Gasol a hefty extension, and Kobe is do for a new contract.

This deal still makes no sense at all.

lets just say bynum never deserved that contract he got, and nobody was gonna offer him anything near that anyway

[h1]Lakers' Andrew Bynum on trade rumor: Who, me?[/h1]
Lakers center Andrew Bynum reacted uniquely when told the New York Post had him all but shipped to Toronto for Chris Bosh in a report.
After scoring 17 points and taking a career-high 18 rebounds in a 95-77 victory Sunday over Milwaukee, Bynum was asked if he had heard the rumor.

"Nah, what rumor is that?" he said.

You for Bosh.

"Ah, that's crazy," he said, smiling sheepishly. "I didn't know that."

He recovered quickly, in case it was true.

"I love playing basketball," he said. "Whatever happens, happens."

Bynum need not worry. He'll be going to Toronto later this month only when the Lakers play a road game against the Raptors.

The 22-year-old is prone to lapses, but the Lakers still believe in his talents.

Not to mention that he is a favorite of the Buss family, specifically of Executive Vice President Jim Buss, who has been given credit by his father, team owner Jerry Buss, for discovering Bynum and making him the 10th pick in the 2005 draft.

Such a scenario also would be difficult to execute for financial reasons. The Raptors would assume $29 million of guaranteed money for Bynum over the next two seasons and a possible $16-million team option for 2012-13 while the Lakers would have their own headaches with Bosh, who can opt out of his contract after this season and become a free agent. They would re-sign him, presumably, but would have to shell out more money for the 25-year-old power forward than Bynum was scheduled to make, pushing them further into high-end luxury-tax territory, which already was making them squeamish.

(Quick flashback to Jerry Buss shifting uncomfortably in his seat when asked in a November interview about having the NBA's largest payroll: "It doesn't thrill me.")

The Lakers have a player payroll of $91.3 million and will currently pay $21.4 million in luxury taxes this season, more than any other team.

In the unlikely event the Lakers trade Bynum this season, it will probably be for a point guard. Derek Fisher is 35 years old and in the last year of his contract. Jordan Farmar is also in the last year of his contract. Shannon Brown has one more year at $2.2 million, but it's at his option.

Link:

http://latimesblogs.latim...-trade-rumor-who-me.html

So let the Jim Buss hate and "Jim Buss is like Al Davis running the Lakers" comments start again
laugh.gif
The same comments that some people on here were saying during the seasons whenno major trades were being made and before Pau Gasol got traded to the Lakers.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

drew knew about it thats why he had a hella of a game
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Probably which is good so that will get him motivated and light a fire under his +!+. He needs to get back to playing at the level he was before his 2 kneeinjuries and do it consistently with or without Pau on the floor.

I'm one of the few Laker fans on here that hasn't lost all hope in him and I'm probably one of the few on here who still supports Luke Walton. WithLuke I recognize what type of player he is and what he brings to the table, which isn't much besides good court vision, great passing, and sometimes adecent post up game. I mean people on here mainly hate on Luke because he got a 5 year contract with mid level money a few years back, but at the same timeit's like some fans on here expect allstar type stats because of the money he makes. From the get go as soon the Lakers drafted Luke in 2nd round I knew hewould be nothing more than a role player coming off the bench. Heck a helathy Luke right now would be a lot better and more helpful coming in for Ron Ron thanAdam Morrison
sick.gif
. It's like seriously do some fans on here expectLuke to take the Lower Level exception and stay with this team...umm hell no he would be gone and playing for another team which is what basically happenedwith Ronny Turiaf and why he's now a Warrior.

Originally Posted by CP1708

But Howard didn't exactly murder LA either. What Shaq did to Rik Smits was murder, what Howard did to Bynum was maybe kick him in the shins, or slap him real hard.
no no no no no no

What Shaq did to Mutumbo was murder & body bag

laugh.gif

im not gonna lie puke has high basketball IQ and he is good for the triangle...but he has his moments

we chose sasha over ronny plain and simple and its kicking us in the butt
sick.gif
...i hate sasha
mad.gif
plus it was ronnys decision to play for apathetic franchise instead of playing for less with us
eeibaby wrote:

But Howard didn't exactly murder LA either. What Shaq did to Rik Smits was murder, what Howard did to Bynum was maybe kick him in the shins, or slap him real hard.
no no no no no no

What Shaq did to Mutumbo was murder & body bag

laugh.gif

no no no what shaq did to jason collins and todd mcullough was death row status

hell lets just say shaq pretty much put opposing centers in their graves during the 3 peat years
laugh.gif

When has Perkins ever played Bynum????? He missed the finals, and was out for the second game last season......so uhhhh.......

And Shaq will forever get up against us, if Bynum were on the Bucks and played Shaq, he would light his old @#$ up.
yes, howard abused Bynum in the finals

it was gasol who did a better job on howard which tells you how good defensively bynum is
Perkins has played Bynum 2 times during the regular season in december the last two years...and abused bynum in the post and also shut him down

Bynum can not light up shaq...come on now
grin.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

it was gasol who did a better job on howard which tells you how good defensively bynum is
Perkins has played Bynum 2 times during the regular season in december the last two years...and abused bynum in the post and also shut him down

grin.gif

That's just seeing what you wanna see. Show me how Dwight lit up any damn thing in the finals. He had like 6 buckets the whole @#$%^& series. Thatis not lighting it up.

So wait.....ABUSED? You said ABUSED is what Perkins did to Bynum? To the tune of 8 points and 7 rebounds. That's Perkins. Bynum was 9 and 7. Seems tome a pretty fair battle. Even both ways.
Now in the 08 game, yes, Perk got over on Bynum pretty good.
But also know that they played another game in Boston, in the Kobe is MVP game at Boston, and Bynum more then held his own there as well, Perk with 9 and 3,Drew with 11 and 6,
Oh and then they played again that year, Bynum with 16 and 4, Perk with 0 and 1, but he didn't start, he only played 19 minutes, in that game it wouldabeen Al Jeff matched against Drew, and Al got 18 and 8. Again, Drew held his own.

So yeah, Perk sure does own Bynum.

Laker fans confuse me sometimes. Every other team in the damn league would be all over themselves for a 22 year old center that "seems" have anoffensive game. Does he need to improve? Certainly, who doesn't? But you guys act like he's friggin Chris Mihm or something. No centers are cominginto Staples and flat out pushing Drew out the building. Does he have bad games, yes, does he sulk when Pau is playing, yeah probably, will Phil figure outhow to push his buttons and get him to play better, better believe he will. So calm the hell down. Quit overreacting.

Originally Posted by knightngale

grin.gif

That's just seeing what you wanna see. Show me how Dwight lit up any damn thing in the finals. He had like 6 buckets the whole @#$%^& series. That is not lighting it up.

So wait.....ABUSED? You said ABUSED is what Perkins did to Bynum? To the tune of 8 points and 7 rebounds. That's Perkins. Bynum was 9 and 7. Seems to me a pretty fair battle. Even both ways.
Now in the 08 game, yes, Perk got over on Bynum pretty good.
But also know that they played another game in Boston, in the Kobe is MVP game at Boston, and Bynum more then held his own there as well, Perk with 9 and 3, Drew with 11 and 6,
Oh and then they played again that year, Bynum with 16 and 4, Perk with 0 and 1, but he didn't start, he only played 19 minutes, in that game it woulda been Al Jeff matched against Drew, and Al got 18 and 8. Again, Drew held his own.

So yeah, Perk sure does own Bynum.

Laker fans confuse me sometimes. Every other team in the damn league would be all over themselves for a 22 year old center that "seems" have an offensive game. Does he need to improve? Certainly, who doesn't? But you guys act like he's friggin Chris Mihm or something. No centers are coming into Staples and flat out pushing Drew out the building. Does he have bad games, yes, does he sulk when Pau is playing, yeah probably, will Phil figure out how to push his buttons and get him to play better, better believe he will. So calm the hell down. Quit overreacting.
Yeah seriously. He played great in spurts last year and 2 seasons ago before his knee injuries. Then last season he got his contract extension andalmost everyone on here has been expecting him to be the 2nd coming off Shaq. Also last year the whole damn playoffs and in the Finals Drew was not 100%healthy. Even he admitted himself during the exit interviews with Phil Jackson & Mitch Kupchak after the victory parade. Also for everyone who says givingBynum his huge contract extension was a mistake last season, what people don't realize is that he didn't get the max like he could have if hedidn't sign that extension at the start of last season and waited until he would have become a restricted free agent last summer which you better believeanother team would have been willing to over pay and give him which the Lakers in the end would have to match to keep Bynum and cost them more in the long run.

Giving up on a young talented 22 year old center right now would be a huge mistake.

And Bynum>> over Greg Oden right now.

As much as I know everyone dreams of it, we will NEVER have a lineup of

Dwight
Pau
LeBron
Kobe
CP3

With a bench of Wade, Deron, Artest, Dirk, Melo, Amare, and Mbenga.

We can try, but it's just not possible.

As much as I know everyone dreams of it, we will NEVER have a lineup of

Dwight
Pau
LeBron
Kobe
CP3

With a bench of Wade, Deron, Artest, Dirk, Melo, Amare, and Mbenga.

We can try, but it's just not possible.
Yeah, you're right.

Mbenga will be coveted by the entire league, we can't afford his future $150M+ contract.

A trade that mixes things up that much is stupid, IMO. We're playing comfortably with who we have; I'm just concerned with if we'll be healthy comeplayoff time.

Kobe should really sit out and rest that finger. I know he wants to have the 'tough guy, I can play through any injury' mentality, but it's obviousthat it's really affecting his shot and it's not worth risking a more serious injury to it.

Back
Top Bottom