OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

CP1708:
One more last thing, since everyone hates Bynum nowadays, somebody please post up a pic of a better 22 year old center in the NBA right now. I'm going to go talk baseball for a minute til that gets posted. BRB......
Uuuuuugh, bringing up age as something the adds credit to a guy is one of the things that drives me insane with sports discussions.

Like I'm supposed to trade the fact that he's 22 and let that comfort my 'done-ness' with him. "Oh, but he's 22, so those failures tobox out somehow don't count. Because he's 22.'

Nah, man. I don't give a damn if someone is 86 and mediocre or 13 and mediocre. If there's someone who's better, then that person is better.

'Yeah, he might be better... but is he 22?'

laugh.gif

Hate that.

Chris Bosh is only 26
wink.gif

2009-10 Statistics
PPG 23.9 RPG 11.30 APG 2.0 EFF + 27.03

Andrew Bynum
2009-10 Statistics
PPG 15.3 RPG 8.40 APG 1.4 EFF + 19.40

Bosh for Bynum will NEVER happen. If the Buss family wasn't willing to give him up for Jason Kidd when the Lakers were mediocre and desperate to appeaseKobe, they're not going to trade him now, coming off a championship season with currently the best record in the NBA. Basically, if it's not broke,don't fix it. And it makes no sense financially.

Originally Posted by HK Feet 27

Marc Gasol > Andrew Bynum

Not a day goes by where I don't wish we could have sent Memphis the rights to Sun Yue instead of Marc Gasol in the deal for Pau.

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

Not a day goes by where I don't wish we could have sent Memphis the rights to Sun Yue instead of Marc Gasol in the deal for Pau.

Then Pau would have never been a Laker.

What kinna nonsense is this too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

Not a day goes by where I don't wish we could have sent Memphis the rights to Sun Yue Andrew Bynum instead of Marc Gasol in the deal for Pau.

Then Pau would have never been a Laker.

What kinna nonsense is this too
laugh.gif
The Pau brothers would have great chemistry on the court. I believe Marc is above Bynum in terms of being more physical and mentally strong.

[h3]Marc Gasol
[/h3] PPG - 14.5
RPG - 9.60
APG - 2.2
EFF - +21.14
Andrew Bynum

PPG - 15.3
RPG - 8.40
APG - 1.4
EFF - +19.40

Bosh for Bynum will NEVER happen. If the Buss family wasn't willing to give him up for Jason Kidd when the Lakers were mediocre and desperate to appease Kobe, they're not going to trade him now, coming off a championship season with currently the best record in the NBA. Basically, if it's not broke, don't fix it. And it makes no sense financially.

Jim Buss is too attached to his discovery of Andrew Bynum to let him go.

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying.

Marc Gasol was the guy which tipped the deal in our favor, why would they want to take in another wing player that had no business to get that 2yr deal (SunYue) or even be in the league compared to a guy with great genes with strength opposed to finesse to his game?

ohwell.gif

--Trade talks during a slump while we are still on top of the league?
laugh.gif

--Cmon. We just gotta get healthy, EXECUTE (as Bean would say) and the rest will be history my dudes.

I agree with ska if you suck or are average you just suck or are average, no matter what age you are. Bynum has been in the league for almost 5 years and hasbeen injured for about a full year. He has time to develop, but obviously isn't making strides like he's capable. It seems like when he hasn't hadKareem holding his hand or some kind of outside motivation ala a trade rumor, he doesn't want to play like he could, which is unacceptable.

I'd rather have someone who I know will bring it every night and give it 100% than will go out there half %%% just going through the motions. I think ifDrew at least did that, people wouldn't have a problem with him. But he's not going to get moved so we just have to hope that something magicallyclicks inside that head of his.

Marc Gasol was the guy which tipped the deal in our favor, why would they want to take in another wing player that had no business to get that 2yr deal (Sun Yue) or even be in the league compared to a guy with great genes with strength opposed to finesse to his game?
I was actually just quoting FudgeMoney24 but ended up adding you into it. We all know the deal would of never gone down with Sun Yue, KwameBrown, Jarvaris Crittenon and the draft pick. That is just
laugh.gif

DARTH DNZY wrote:
--Trade talks during a slump while we are still on top of the league?
laugh.gif

We're just having some fun with the IF's.

Marc Gasol was the guy which tipped the deal in our favor, why would they want to take in another wing player that had no business to get that 2yr deal (Sun Yue) or even be in the league compared to a guy with great genes with strength opposed to finesse to his game?

From what I've read, Marc Gasol was a throw in player.

i'm sort of in favor to ship bynum out for bosh... i'd do it if we can get jack or derozen back and dump sasha, ammo or ears...

i just feel that bynum has no heart when he plays... its been disappointing to watch him.. dude just doesn't seem to want to show up every game... and heis kind of injury prone... our defense would suffer size wise; bynum is huge, but athletically and heart wise i think we'll be fine! just maybe need to getanother big body to defend guys like dwight..
bosh and dermar look like guys that would thrive with kobe and work their +%@@% off in practice! dermar could develop a jumper like trevor did because ofkobe's help and dogging him haha and he does idolize kobe iirc!

i don't think chemistry will be an issue.. bosh and kobe played well together during the olympics and i think i read somewhere that him and lamar are coolwith each other too! the lakers would be an uber dynamic team with him! it could be like showtime again! well not really but offensively i think we'd be ona different planet!

on a side note would it work if we got rose and noah for bynum??? hahahaha we need a guy like noah on our team! pure heart and hustle!!! and any pg would be anupgrade defensively for the lakers... fish and ears are getting burned every single night....

Marc Gasol was not a throw in...
laugh.gif
The hell is going on in here.

Throw in.....
roll.gif

Age certainly matters in progress. Take a step back and look at what you all are asking from Drew. Andrew, be a monster, in the NBA when all your friends areeither seniors in college, or rookies in the NBA. Score at will with Kobe Bryant on your team, Pau Gasol on your team, Ron Artest on your team, Lamar Odom onyour team. Get rebounds with Pau, and Odom, and even Ron and Kobe gettin 5 a game. Block shots too, and play great D, and everything else we all beggin for.

At 22.

For the defending NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers.

If Bynum was on the Nets, or the Bobcats, or the Knicks, they would give him the ball every possession and let him do whatever he wanted. He would put up HUGEnumbers, and never win games. Brook Lopez knows how that feels.
wink.gif

So maybe, I dunno, relax already. Does it escape you guys that Bynum seems to play a lot better and produce much more when Pau is out? What would he do ifboth Pau AND Kobe were out? Think his numbers/production would increase? They would, right? But we would win less games too wouldn't we?

I know all of us were boderline CEO's at 22 and resposible for billions in revenue so it's hard for us to understand.
laugh.gif

BTW, Kobe at 22 wasn't what he is today. He showed us where he was going, but he wasn't finished product. So why do we expect Bynum to be finishedproduct already?
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Gotta a lil something in my eye or something up there.....

laugh.gif

He's supposed to be wearing the splint again tonight, he hasn't been the last 3 games, hence, the huge drop in his percentage.

I'm thinking that means the finger is healing, and he's trying to get it out from the splint so he can start to use it normally again, but maybeit's just not quite ready yet. I'm not much of a doctor. lol

Originally Posted by CP1708

Marc Gasol was not a throw in...
laugh.gif
The hell is going on in here.

Throw in.....
roll.gif

Age certainly matters in progress. Take a step back and look at what you all are asking from Drew. Andrew, be a monster, in the NBA when all your friends are either seniors in college, or rookies in the NBA. Score at will with Kobe Bryant on your team, Pau Gasol on your team, Ron Artest on your team, Lamar Odom on your team. Get rebounds with Pau, and Odom, and even Ron and Kobe gettin 5 a game. Block shots too, and play great D, and everything else we all beggin for.

At 22.

For the defending NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers.

If Bynum was on the Nets, or the Bobcats, or the Knicks, they would give him the ball every possession and let him do whatever he wanted. He would put up HUGE numbers, and never win games. Brook Lopez knows how that feels.
wink.gif

So maybe, I dunno, relax already. Does it escape you guys that Bynum seems to play a lot better and produce much more when Pau is out? What would he do if both Pau AND Kobe were out? Think his numbers/production would increase? They would, right? But we would win less games too wouldn't we?

I know all of us were boderline CEO's at 22 and resposible for billions in revenue so it's hard for us to understand.
laugh.gif

BTW, Kobe at 22 wasn't what he is today. He showed us where he was going, but he wasn't finished product. So why do we expect Bynum to be finished product already?
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Gotta a lil something in my eye or something up there.....

laugh.gif

Agreed 100%......
smh.gif
@ how stingy some of us laker fan are, it seems as if some of y'all want everybody on the squad to play at an allstar level

CP your laker views are always appreciated, but your views on Romo/Cowboys.......not so much
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I don't have negative views on Romo or Big D though. I was justtryin to slow down those guys goin nuts in the Review thread. That's all. Marley and them gettin a little happy early was all I was sayin. I thinkya'll are playin REAL well right now, and this might be one of those years where they really turn it on at the exact right moment, whereas Minny and NO etcmight have faded after 4 months of solid ball.

I don't mean to hate on you guys at all, I'm a Miami guy, got nothin against any of you guys what so ever.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom