OFFICIAL LA CLIPPERS 2012-2013 SEASON THREAD (Playoffs v. Memphis, Lost 4-2; Offseason thread comin

I say hang that pac div champ banner up at Staples for the haters.
idc what anyone else has to say. :lol:

Last edited:
Its a major accomplishment for this franchise, they should definitely hang a pacific division banner.

The Los Angeles Kings have division banners :nerd:

To the best of my knowledge there's only a couple of teams in the NBA that don't hang division banners and they each have 16+ championships. :nerd:

Bulls have division banners, next to their championship banners, retired numbers, and all of the Blackhawks banners

Miami has division banners, championship banners, and Olympics banners

Spurs have one banner with all of their division titles

Cavaliers' franchise accomplishments

Raptors

Sonics

Bucks

Jazz

Thunder

Last edited:
^^^ That's interesting. I never realized so many other teams put up division title banners. I'm still against doing it, but that information makes the argument for doing it more compelling.

I'm on the verge of not watching Clippers games anymore. It's getting way too frustrating.

Should have fired VDN this past off-season. This team overachieved the first half of the season; they fell flat as soon as Grant Hill and Chauncey Billups came back, and its been a nightly struggle ever since.

All I can really hope for with this game is that it signals the return of the bench. They were all outstanding tonight. I hope they keep it up.

Another loss. Yes we almost came back but almost came back is not going to get us third place. We have 7 games and we shouldnt lose any of them. If not we are looking at least year again.

I understand the other teams putting banners up. However they don't share a building with a crosstown rival that has many championship banners. That's the misfortune for the Clippers. I mean you have to start from somewhere in terms of celebrating successes but having that banner hanging next to those laker championship banners would be tough to look at if I was a clipper fan.

Won't be tough for me to look at especially when the haters say that we'll never put anything up in the rafters ever. :D

Last edited:
If we lose tonight I'm gonna punch a baby on the way out of Staples. I just want that 50th win already.

I could see why the team would want to put a banner up for the DIvision title but I would rather wait till we get at least a WCF championship. Won't be mad if they do put the division banner tho.

Should have fired VDN this past off-season. This team overachieved the first half of the season; they fell flat as soon as Grant Hill and Chauncey Billups came back, and its been a nightly struggle ever since.

I am not a coach so I wouldn't know but I went to the game last Monday and kept thinking how bad Vinny was with his in game adjustments. I mean watching the Pacers repeatedly hit wide open shot after shot and how the play relentless D, could not understand how the Clips kept on sagging off shooters. It was a great comeback made by the bench but I also thought CP3 was having one of those "I can't put it in the ocean" kind of night, I mean he was getting great looks and just could not knock it down. The 50th win remains elusive but I hope they get it tonight against the Suns and hopefully bring back some momentum with the remaining games and secure that 3rd spot.

If we lose tonight I'm gonna punch a baby on the way out of Staples. I just want that 50th win already.

LOL. I know that feeling. Unfortunately, I've felt it a lot lately while watching this team. But they really better step it up tonight, with CP saying they need to treat it like a playoff game and BG saying that they've done enough talking and need to start taking action. They both better put their money where their mouths are because neither has been playing at top level lately.

Can't afford to have anymore lackluster games from CP3 and Blake the rest of the way. They need to turn it up now and get things going heading into the playoffs.

They need to walk the walk. Tired of hearing the same rhetoric about what they should be doing as a team.

Hope we can go 5-2 or better to end the season.

Back
Top Bottom