OFFICIAL KOBE IX NIKEID-- NO BUYING/SELLING DISCUSSION--R.I.P KOBE 9 ID

Did you order the new flyknit multi-color?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Semantics. Bet you will hear about kobe's "record breaking" game soon.

Maybe I could phrase it better. He's going to break jordan's scoring record and in the process set the...mark? Measure? Record (as in recorded event) for 3rd most points all time.

In the history books, Kobe will be recorded as the player totaling the 3rd most points all time. The record will be set for 3rd. It will go on record as the 3rd most points scored all time. The record (recorded event) will read : scoring - highest career total - #3 kobe bryant. It will be recorded as the 3rd highest all time. The previous record (recorded event ) for 3rd highest was set by jordan, but that record will be broken from its original status and a new record will be set in its place

Last edited:
kobe you know what to do tonight... 
kobe-pose-large.jpg

Semantics. Bet you will hear about kobe's "record breaking" game soon.

Maybe I could phrase it better. He's going to break jordan's scoring record and in the process set the...mark? Measure? Record (as in recorded event) for 3rd most points all time.

In the history books, Kobe will be recorded as the player totaling the 3rd most points all time. The record will be set for 3rd. It will go on record as the 3rd most points scored all time. The record (recorded event) will read : scoring - highest career total - #3 kobe bryant. It will be recorded as the 3rd highest all time. The previous record (recorded event ) for 3rd highest was set by jordan, but that record will be broken from its original status and a new record will be set in its place

Lmao....What!?..lol ya lost me after semantics. Lol

But it's not semantics at all 
laugh.gif

Record = best in that particular category. I see what you're trying to get at but record is just not correctly being used in that context. 

It is semantics :lol:.

Record =/= best tho. A record is just that; something recorded. By definition. A "record" does not mean "best record" anymore than "player" means "best player"

Don't want to turn this thread into linguistics class tho

Last edited:
It is semantics
laugh.gif

Record =/= best tho. A record is just that, something recorded. By definition. A "record" does not mean "best record" anymore than "player" means "best player"

Don't want to turn this thread into linguistics class tho
But when you're talking about the record, like you stated, it is referring to the best. Period. Especially in this case. 

But it's all gucci. Let's keep it moving homie 
pimp.gif

Yeah I think the only way they can justify making a big deal out of 3rd on a list (even though it's a big accomplishment) is to tie it to who he's passing.

i.e. a Jordan-inspired option. Market it as "one legend passes the another."

Yeah I think the only way they can justify making a big deal out of 3rd on a list (even though it's a big accomplishment) is to tie it to who he's passing.

i.e. a Jordan-inspired option. Market it as "one legend passes the another."
Which is exactly what they will do:

-"Two icons"

-"Two players in NBA history have never been this similar"

-"Passing of the torch" (Even though it happened almost a decade ago)

But you catch my drift

Yeah in that case I'm a record breaking powerlifter. Broke into the top 100 USA squats.

Yeah in that case I'm a record breaking powerlifter. Broke into the top 100 USA squats.

[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

Like what is dude arguing it's not a record. When Kobe broke Jerry West's all time Laker point total, that was a record cause he stands at the top. Can't be that hard to understand.

And if micheal jordan was #100 on that list you would have broken his record. I would definitely put that on my resume.

Last edited:
Jordan doesn't have a... you know what, never mind, you got it.

He called it THE record which implies the best.

But he's trying to flip the script and say he means record as in taking data or a statistic.

Is it really that hard to say I was wrong or messed up. Type of dudes to tell you the sky is purple just to say they're right.

I said "the record" meaning the record or milestone whatever you want to call it that kobe is going to break. (Jordan's personal record) Not that serious. But I do encourage you guys to check the actual definition of record. When you say "list" instead of record you are talking about a list.....of what? Records. I know it sounds silly to say 3rd best record but it's not incorrect.

Last edited:
Stop. He's going to be the third highest scoring player in NBA history. The record would be breaking Kareem's record of 38,387 points. No need to continue.

Last edited:
I said "the record" meaning the record or milestone whatever you want to call it that kobe is going to break. (Jordan's personal record) Not that serious. But I do encourage you guys to check the actual definition of record. When you say "list" instead of record you are talking about a list.....of what? Records. I know it sounds silly to say 3rd best record but it's not incorrect.

I did check the actual definition. There's various. The definition you tried using in this context is just wrong. Period.

When you're talking about sports, you don't talk about records as in statistical data. You talk about the best or #1.

Have you ever seen ESPN refer to a record in this manner?

Back
Top Bottom