OFFICIAL KOBE IX NIKEID-- NO BUYING/SELLING DISCUSSION--R.I.P KOBE 9 ID

Did you order the new flyknit multi-color?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Thanks for the heads up earlier, was able to get a pair of the Details in size 9.5 through phone order at Camarillo this morning.  Score.  

No it's not hard. That just means Jordan would of had even more points with 1 extra season. Still took Kobe longer to get to that point range. Very easy to compare to me.

In the sense of the scoring record yes that is true. No one is really saying kobe is better than Jordan based on him passing Jordans record (lol).

I will say that having Shaq took opportunities from kobe. Also Del Harris didn't seem to be a big kobe advocate and he played sparatic minutes.

I feel Jordan is the better player despite kobe being my favorite.

I just really hope the shoe they drop for this occasion does it justice.

Kobe averaged 15.5 mins over 71 games his first season and 26.0 min over 79 his second season. When I made the comment I was referring to the lack of experience Kobe had coming into the league resulting in him averaging less than 2 quarter of play over the course of 151 games. That's all! And yes that is a variable! Just like your comments about defenses, conferences, etc.....

Jeez. I'd say it's a credit to his longevity that he and ability to still play at a high level that he was able to catch up to such a prolific scorer like Jordan. Not trying to be a naysayer but I can't see him catching up to Malone and Kareem.

Kobe averaged 15.5 mins over 71 games his first season and 26.0 min over 79 his second season. When I made the comment I was referring to the lack of experience Kobe had coming into the league resulting in him averaging less than 2 quarter of play over the course of 151 games. That's all! And yes that is a variable! Just like your comments about defenses, conferences, etc.....

actually (and with all due respect) its not. if you choose to go in to the league early and dont play because of it, thats not a variable. minutes played is minutes played. cant penalize jordan or any other player because he was more prepared to contribute immediately

Last edited:
I hope yall are still going back and forth with this when he breaks the record and the link drop so I can slide through and pick whatever it is (hopefully MC) up haha.

actually (and with all due respect) its not. if you choose to go in to the league early and dont play because of it, thats not a variable. minutes played is minutes played. cant penalize jordan or any other player because he was more prepared to contribute immediately
Really, just forget it! Move on! 
mean.gif

I'll take that. Well go with this than. If kobe were playing for the Hornets he would have averaged more minutes and had a higher usage rate. Jordan was not on a contending team when drafted.

I'll take that. Well go with this than. If kobe were playing for the Hornets he would have averaged more minutes and had a higher usage rate. Jordan was not on a contending team when drafted.

not dealing with "ifs" though homie. just facts

but i'll let it go just like ol' boy said above...especially because this isnt a sports talk thread

Last edited:
[thread="588873"]Quote:[/thread]

Kobe 1245 games
Malone 1476 games
Jordan 1072 games*
Kareem 1560 games

::shrug::

Jordan was a beast*

Also have to consider the fact that Kobe came straight into the league out of high school and Jordan skipped a season in the middle of his prime. It's very hard to compare stats because of all the variables involved, but both are great competitors and legends of the game regardless.

No it's not hard. That just means Jordan would of had even more points with 1 extra season. Still took Kobe longer to get to that point range. Very easy to compare to me.

Not really longer..

Look at the career FGA, which is the only thing that should matter when comparing scoring.

the difference is about 300 FGA. That's what.. 13 games difference (22 FGA/game)

Jordan fans are so quick to spit out these stats but only when it's making Jordan look good.

Last edited:

Not really longer..

Look at the career FGA, which is the only thing that should matter when comparing scoring.

the difference is about 300 FGA. That's what.. 13 games difference (22 FGA/game)

Jordan fans are so quick to spit out these stats but only when it's making Jordan look good.
But 22 FGA/game are just "attempts"....Now how many out of those 22 shots would Kobe actually make bro?...lol..like 8 or 9??..lol jk..so little longer than 13 games or whatever?

[thread="588873"]Quote:[/thread]

Kobe 1245 games
Malone 1476 games
Jordan 1072 games*
Kareem 1560 games

::shrug::

Jordan was a beast*

Also have to consider the fact that Kobe came straight into the league out of high school and Jordan skipped a season in the middle of his prime. It's very hard to compare stats because of all the variables involved, but both are great competitors and legends of the game regardless.

Or instead of being a hater you could just see that Kobe didnt start and barely played his rookie year.... he averaged 7ppg

his 2nd year he average 15ppg

MJ came straight into the league starting while putting up close to 30ppg :lol:

theres your difference in scoring

not dealing with "ifs" though homie. just facts

but i'll let it go just like ol' boy said above...especially because this isnt a sports talk thread
I feel what your saying and from your posts you have been consistent with saying that it took Jordan less games to score as many points. This is very true. When Im looking at other posts as well saying that if Jordan would have played longer he would have scored more points. The same can be said for any player in the league. I like your approach of looking at just the facts.

Fact is that Kobe will eventually pass Jordan in career points and it is more of a testament to his dedication and longevity to the game. Kobe will have scored more points than Jordan ever did. People can bring up Jordans early retirement but as you have stated before, no one forced him to retire.

I just feel that Jordan fans are trying to detract from Kobes accomplishment.

All in all I want to get back to the shoes. The upcoming pair released may be my first pair of flyknit Id's. I have personally felt the quality of ID's have been subpar this year. Has anyone else had this opinion?

In the sense of the scoring record yes that is true. No one is really saying kobe is better than Jordan based on him passing Jordans record (lol).
I will say that having Shaq took opportunities from kobe. Also Del Harris didn't seem to be a big kobe advocate and he played sparatic minutes.
I feel Jordan is the better player despite kobe being my favorite.
I just really hope the shoe they drop for this occasion does it justice.
I mean having Shaq shouldn't be an issue, Jordan had Pip, Grant, etc. I don't know the actual stats, but i'd think it's can be linked to successful shots attempted. Imagine if Shaq made most of his FT? I'm assuming Kobe missed more shots than Jordan though. And yea i'm def with on you the hopes of the shoe being something worth while. 
Not really longer..
Jordan fans...so you're assuming i'm not a Kobe fan? 22FGA/game would mean he's scoring over 44 points a game...which of course is wrong because those are not all successful shots taken. I like Kobe, I just enjoyed watching Jordan play back then. I wasn't bashing Kobe's ability or success by any means.

Or instead of being a hater you could just see that Kobe didnt start and barely played his rookie year.... he averaged 7ppg
his 2nd year he average 15ppg
MJ came straight into the league starting while putting up close to 30ppg
laugh.gif

theres your difference in scoring
Really, a hater? You're talking about how he came into the league and how less he scored. Who's fault is it that they were not that electrifying to start their career making successful shots??? It's like getting mad at someone able to cop more shoes than you because you over slept a few times. Who's fault is it not being ready?

If Kobe was good enough then, he would of played more. You're trying excuse someone's short coming because they weren't ready at the start of their career. Bwaahahaa Riiiight!
I like Kobe, i'm jus saying.

Last edited:

roll.gif

I'm only 22. Maybe I should have rephrased that. Kobe Bryant is the most skilled scorer I have ever seen play.

Could have been my man T-mac, but dude didn't wanna practice during the summers.

But yeah, 31 points away. I'm still expecting Friday. Kobe knows he's gotta carry this team against SA so expect 50 shots 
laugh.gif
I just hope its not a let down when they do drop 

People forget that if Shaq wasn't going up against an aged Mutombo, Todd Maculloch, and Dale Davis, Kobe would have gotten at least one of those 3 peat Finals MVP. Those are unreal playoff numbers right there. I'd like to have seen Oscar do that against dudes that aren't in low top Chuck Ts.
Stop derailing this thread and he didnt avg those numbers for the entire Finals next time do your homework 

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom