**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Can't see him doing those numbers. I'll give him 500K maximum in a week

Its like butter
mean.gif
. feel like this album is finna have a heavy jazz influence, and I love it.

Between this and Blacker the Berry the gritty almost distorted drums is exactly what I want to hear. This album is going in all the right direction.

Im praying that "We Dont Die" is the song he performed on the last episode of the Colbert Report.
I need that in my life.

I think the title reflects his experience after going mainstream. He's referring to himself as the butterfly and ever since GKMC dropped, he's been pimped by the music industry. Doing interviews, press, etc. I'm sure he's obligated to help market and promote his album so that it moves units.

I'll admit, I didn't listen to all of his freestyles (I don't want any spoilers) but it sounds like he's speaking on his experiences from the last 3-4 years.

If you look at Eminem's Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP, SSLP put him on the map, and MMLP was a reflection of his life after going mainstream.

Once we listen to and digest the album I'm sure the title will make more sense.

Well said :pimp:

I'm gonna say this now. Dot gonna do a mil first week.

Kendricks buzz has died significantly. So many people were wanting him to drop this record like 6 months ago. Cole, Drake and Yeezus are in far more demand right now than K. Dot. All of his singles haven't caught on. I think "I" was a good idea for a single but it flopped so bad. "Blacker the Berry" is a good comeback and more importantly controversial.

Honestly, I could see more first week numbers if he dropped this on the fly digitally and in stores. With no announced release date. With the release date two weeks away, I can see K. Dot do J.Cole numbers 360K the most. His buzz has taken a significant hit. I cannot see gold first week.

Kanye can easily do 500-600K first week. He's been all over the place.

His buzz didn't die at all

I didn't flop

Yeezus didn't even sell 500K the first week, I don't see how he's guaranteed to do it now

I'm amped for this album to drop, but there's no way in high hell homie's doing a milli first week.

I don't see any urban artists doing that any time soon, honestly.

He's gonna do numbers for sure tho.

Dip, you never know what the hell you're talking about.

My prediction is 600k min first week

Kendricks buzz has died significantly. So many people were wanting him to drop this record like 6 months ago. Cole, Drake and Yeezus are in far more demand right now than K. Dot. All of his singles haven't caught on. I think "I" was a good idea for a single but it flopped so bad. "Blacker the Berry" is a good comeback and more importantly controversial.

Honestly, I could see more first week numbers if he dropped this on the fly digitally and in stores. With no announced release date. With the release date two weeks away, I can see K. Dot do J.Cole numbers 360K the most. His buzz has taken a significant hit. I cannot see gold first week.

Kanye can easily do 500-600K first week. He's been all over the place.

360k???? :lol: .. Do you know that this is the most anticipated album this year?

Kendrick buzz DEF did NOT die down .. It only got stronger .. Everyone wants to see how he's going to come after dropping a classic like GKMC

600k-700k first week easy

Dude went platinum off of that big Sean song "control" easily ...

I don't know man, 700k is hard to do first week in hip hop these days.  Em did 790k first week with MMLP2; I don't think KDot is in Em territory yet.

If Drake and Eminem couldn't sell a million first week then Kendrick Lamar certainly won't.

Drake and Eminem are some of the biggest artists worldwide. 

I'm guessing Kendrick will do great numbers first week like J Cole but nowhere near a mill.

I don't know man, 700k is hard to do first week in hip hop these days.  Em did 790k first week with MMLP2; I don't think KDot is in Em territory yet.

Drake did 658k first week with nothing was the same ... It's possible these days

Back
Top Bottom