**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

I was pretty bummed when I thought he was gonna be lazy and try to be "deep" with an all black cover.

I'm glad I was wrong in rushing to judgment.

The official cover is flames.
I shouldn't have doubted you KDot :pimp:

Welp, I got about a week before I have to disappear from this thread until the album drops :lol:

Its like butter
mean.gif
. feel like this album is finna have a heavy jazz influence, and I love it.

He killed those Biggie beats. :x

Man I wish he didn't preview his album over Biggie instrumentals. He's spitting some powerful stuff but I wish I'd heard the content over the beat it was meant for..

Also is he on the album cover?

Does someone smart mind explaining the theory behind the title, if possible?

Even if it's just your opinion, I would love to find out more information about what it's referring to or means.

I think the title reflects his experience after going mainstream. He's referring to himself as the butterfly and ever since GKMC dropped, he's been pimped by the music industry. Doing interviews, press, etc. I'm sure he's obligated to help market and promote his album so that it moves units.

I'll admit, I didn't listen to all of his freestyles (I don't want any spoilers) but it sounds like he's speaking on his experiences from the last 3-4 years.

If you look at Eminem's Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP, SSLP put him on the map, and MMLP was a reflection of his life after going mainstream.

Once we listen to and digest the album I'm sure the title will make more sense.

Even if it's just your opinion, I would love to find out more information about what it's referring to or means.
I've read its in reference to the book "To Kill a Mocking Bird".

The theme in that book was the loss (and death) of innocence. A black man (harmless and innocent) was put to death of a crime he didn't commit.

I think the butterfly is black people/culture which is being pimped (exploited and corrupted) by a higher authority (music industry, justice system, the governing bodies of America).

I've read its in reference to the book "To Kill a Mocking Bird".

The theme in that book was the loss (and death) of innocence. A black man (harmless and innocent) was put to death of a crime he didn't commit.

I think the butterfly is black people/culture which is being pimped (exploited and corrupted) by a higher authority (music industry, justice system, the governing bodies of America).

Dat boy Kendrick good :pimp:

I dont like either the album cover or title, but it wont matter much if the music is solid.

Back
Top Bottom