**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Drake puts up those numbers because his audience is much more diverse than Kendricks.

If Kendrick sells more than 500k first week I'll be shocked

You can't use Drake as a way to measure Kendrick sales.
Two different type of music, Drake makes very radio friendly tracks. Kendrick seems like he don't even care about the usual hit type of records at the same time the more radio friendly has been selling more. I'm assuming 415k for Kendrick first week #

Drake puts up those numbers because his audience is much more diverse than Kendricks.

If Kendrick sells more than 500k first week I'll be shocked

You got to understand that kendrick fan base GREW a lot since GKMC.. People respect him for his craft now ... 500k is not shocking since he did 242k with GKMC

DO NOT underestimate the power of touring which K. Dot has been doing plenty of

DO NOT underestimate the power of touring which K. Dot has been doing plenty of

This was what crossed my mind.
I will be coppin.
To throw a number out there, ima guess 660,000 first week. prolly higher. Dude has my ear, and will get my dollars.

Why do we care about sales so much?

It's not 1999 anymore.

Album sales aren't the primary way to judge the impact and reach of a project anymore. 

Nothing wrong with making sales predictions. Nobody is using sales as a primary way to judge anything but we all know that it would be dope to see talented artist that are actually talking about something do numbers, especially in this era. I'm not a big fan of sales either but I thought it was amazing what J. Cole did within 2-weeks of his album announcement with 2014 Forest Hills Drive and no single. It's a testament to the ground work these artist put in outside of the studio.

It's not 1999 anymore.

Album sales aren't the primary way to judge the impact and reach of a project anymore.
Thought I was the only one who thought this. I don't care how many albums he sells, just give me dope tracks.

This album cover is classic. It's White Supremacy's worst nightmare. Black people all getting paid while the corrupt white politician (Ronald Reagan) is dead.

Tracklisting

1. Wesley's Theory
2. For Free? (Interlude)
3. King Kunta
4. Institutionalized
5. These Walls
6. U
7. Alright
8. For Sale? (Interlude)
9. Momma
10. Hood Politics
11. How Much A Dollar Cost
12. Complexion
13. The Blacker The Berry
14. You Ain't Gotta Lie (Momma Said)
15. I
16. Mortal Man

1.) People have been brainwashed to believe that sales mean an album is good, which you and I both know is a load of ****.

2.) Record sales have never been a primary judge of anything except marketing effectively.

1.) People have been brainwashed to believe that sales mean an album is good, which you and I both know is a load of ****.

2.) Record sales have never been a primary judge of anything except marketing effectively.
I think sales used to have a holding on how much music we get and how long an artist sticks in the mainstream and at times just in general...but today that's not really the case. Sales are only for big labels to determine how much effort and funds is put into a particular artists, but I think (thankfully) we've gotten away from that.

Random, but something I posted on FB when someone asked about the title of KL's new album...

It's the American dream...

...and the title to Kendrick Lamar's new album dropping this month. He likes to hide things in his titles so I'm guessing he's addressing his growth (butterflies change from caterpillars) and how he's still making money for the same folks (industry execs) that see him as inferior.

Judging by the music he has released so far: I (Love Myself), The Blacker The Berry and that unreleased song he did as the last musical guest ever of The Colbert Report, that's what he's on.

And by American dream I mean making money off of ignorance/violence/servitude/pimping.

Haven't been following the thread, so I don't know if other's have come to that conclusion or if I'm way off.

Last edited:
Random, but something I posted on FB when someone asked about the title of KL's new album...

It's the American dream...

...and the title to Kendrick Lamar's new album dropping this month. He likes to hide things in his titles so I'm guessing he's addressing his growth (butterflies change from caterpillars) and how he's still making money for the same folks (industry execs) that see him as inferior.

Judging by the music he has released so far: I (Love Myself), The Blacker The Berry and that unreleased song he did as the last musical guest ever of The Colbert Report, that's what he's on.

And by American dream I mean making money off of ignorance/violence/servitude/pimping.

Haven't been following the thread, so I don't know if other's have come to that conclusion or if I'm way off.

my man :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom