Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

That headline was inexcusable, and there's no way it was an accident. We're talking about the premier sports network on the planet, not some local high school project.

30t6p3b.gif
did someone really think this would pass? im thinking whoever released the info must have done it for the reaction. utterly deplorable.

i knew this would happen...its naive not to expect it.

30t6p3b.gif
did someone really think this would pass? im thinking whoever released the info must have done it for the reaction. utterly deplorable.

It shouldn't be looked at lightly at all. Sure, it's a common saying but you have to know much better than that.

It shouldn't be looked at lightly at all. Sure, it's a common saying but you have to know much better than that.

Yeah a headline is much different than saying it. Headlines are well thought out and edited.

It's espn tho what do you expect?

Yeah a headline is much different than saying it. Headlines are well thought out and edited.

It's espn tho what do you expect?

Originally Posted by dyyhard

30t6p3b.gif

They also said it live on air as well

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

30t6p3b.gif

I think the espn guy on air was wagered by his co-workers to say it on air.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

30t6p3b.gif

I think the espn guy on air was wagered by his co-workers to say it on air.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Operation Overreaction has already commenced, I see.
If you're referring to that headline, wouldnt you say thats poor wording?
Personally, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, but the level of immaturity and insensitivity is definitely shameful.
I agree on all points, but let's not grab the pitchforks and torches and march on Bristol. It's an error in judgment. That's all. 
If they would have called a black dude by a different name, how you think that would be perceived?

A derogatory term is a derogatory term. Socially, with your boys, whatever.

On national television? Not acceptable.

If someone mentioned a black dude like that, it wouldn't just be "an error in judgment."

When you talk like that, it comes naturally. Unless they think they're really clever with the pun, it's pretty blatant.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Operation Overreaction has already commenced, I see.
If you're referring to that headline, wouldnt you say thats poor wording?
Personally, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, but the level of immaturity and insensitivity is definitely shameful.
I agree on all points, but let's not grab the pitchforks and torches and march on Bristol. It's an error in judgment. That's all. 
If they would have called a black dude by a different name, how you think that would be perceived?

A derogatory term is a derogatory term. Socially, with your boys, whatever.

On national television? Not acceptable.

If someone mentioned a black dude like that, it wouldn't just be "an error in judgment."

When you talk like that, it comes naturally. Unless they think they're really clever with the pun, it's pretty blatant.

Racist headline almost went over my head
laugh.gif

That's incredibly racist. Especially coming from ESPN but I'm not really surprised that it'd be them that would be the first to !%%* up on that level.

Racist headline almost went over my head
laugh.gif

That's incredibly racist. Especially coming from ESPN but I'm not really surprised that it'd be them that would be the first to !%%* up on that level.

Back
Top Bottom