+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

i gotta disagree with rapreviews, idk who does but that site fell off, used to be my go to site before i bought albums

did anyone else think that miley line was a reference to yay? i was convinced of it, until his twitter explanation
reference to ye how so?
yay meaning cocaine also known as white girl. Mr Brown - That's how I read the line too. All that talk in the bars leading to that line about instant grams, not wanting your picture taken, putting in work, feds lurking—all leading up to a line about miley cyrus. Somewhere in america, the cocaine is still moving. Sounds like hov to me.

It wouldn't be the first time he's rapped about a white female pop star when really talking about cocaine.

I thoroughly enjoyed that breakfast club interview.
I never knew charlamaign got stole on either. I know I'm not the only one that gets a hater-vibe from him. All that extra stuff he was doing at the very beginning showed hints of jealousy.

I didn't know jay almost signed wayne..

Always good to hear jay speak. The last dope interview I watched from him, he seemed to be on a boat and shaeem reid was asking him questions..

did anyone else think that miley line was a reference to yay? i was convinced of it, until his twitter explanation
reference to ye how so?
yay meaning cocaine also known as white girl. Mr Brown - That's how I read the line too. All that talk in the bars leading to that line about instant grams, not wanting your picture taken, putting in work, feds lurking—all leading up to a line about miley cyrus. Somewhere in america, the cocaine is still moving. Sounds like hov to me.

It wouldn't be the first time he's rapped about a white female pop star when really talking about cocaine.
i dont know why i read that as "Ye" as in kanye and not "Yay" as in yayo.

too much time spent in the yeezus thread.  and yes i agree that was the double/triple.

nah b, blue bloods, like old money folks, deep family histories like the Vanderbilts...

nah, he wasn't talking about the cops, the whole rhyme was about not being accepted by the upper-crust

the title of that show has to do with their family history as police, not police general

if the show was about a family with a long history of firemen or whatever it could still be called "blue bloods"

Last edited:
The beat on Picasso Baby reminds me of something, I don't know what though.

And BBC reminds me of that "In The Wind" song from Trick Daddy, Cee-Lo, and Big Boi from back in the day.

Bbc reminds me so much of robin thickes new song blurred lines, which is also produced by pharrell. Son straight copy and pasted the same beat basically.

And BBC reminds me of that "In The Wind" song from Trick Daddy, Cee-Lo, and Big Boi from back in the day.

Bbc reminds me so much of robin thickes new song blurred lines, which is also produced by pharrell. Son straight copy and pasted the same beat basically.

All of Pharrells beats without Chad are rehashed melodies and drums..

P is that dude, but you can tell how much genius Chad really puts into the music

P is that dude, but you can tell how much genius Chad really puts into the music

whenever I tell people I hate A MAJORITY of Pharrell's beats they tell me I'm crazy because they know I like NEPTUNES beats.
not realizing they're way different.

whenever I tell people I hate A MAJORITY of Pharrell's beats they tell me I'm crazy because they know I like NEPTUNES beats.
not realizing they're way different.

They are EXTREMELY different :lol:

The Neptunes as a duo are possibly the illest production duo hip hop has ever seen. I mean, its a production duo. Thats pretty rare itself :lol:

But Pharrell by himself really lacks versatility. I mean, his beats are dope, but you can tell they they need each other to bounce ideas off each other for that classic "Neptunes" sound they have together.

Same with NERD. I feel like those guys need each other to give us that great sound. Its almost like they're Voltron when together, but apart, they're not as effective.

I did like his work on Despicable Me's soundtrack.

everyone hates when I say this, but I think Jay needs to stay the HELL away from P.
his tracks are almost always skips on Jay albums.

everyone hates when I say this, but I think Jay needs to stay the HELL away from P.

He got 2 classic Jay tracks. "Give it to me" and "Allure".

Jay figured he might as well keep the relationship going. But this wasn't the album for this track. Its almost like its just sitting on the album. It doesn't blend.

I like the track, but it doesn't match the album. Almost like Pharrell and Nas should have been on another project. Or Pharrell should have been on a hook for another song and Nas should have been on a harder beat.

Last edited:
Except for Allure.
give it to me?

excuse me?

frontin?

young girl?

ya'll are lunchin
son, i didn't mean pharrell and jay dont make good songs... i was responding to thunder saying pharrell songs are almost always skips.

i just gave the first song that came to mind. i was trying to be snarky 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Except for Allure.
give it to me?
excuse me?
frontin?
young girl?
you also realize that oceans was pharrell?

ya'll are lunchin

Frontin wasn't a Jay track. Thats a Neptunes track.
Young Girl is sorta weak :lol:

Oceans is hot. I don't know why he had to throw one of those festive jungle beats on the album, but he did. He should have gone darker for the track with Jay and Nas.

Excuse Me though :pimp:

The ILLEST beat he ever gave Jay besides Give it to me

Frontin beat is whatever, P's singing is horrible.
when he sang it at the Black Album concert his mic cut off and everyone cheered.

I'll agree to the rest, but make a list of how many times they've worked together and how many are bearable and I bet you it's less than .500

Frontin beat is whatever, P's singing is horrible.
when he sang it at the Black Album concert his mic cut off and everyone cheered.

I'll agree to the rest, but make a list of how many times they've worked together and how many are bearable and I bet you it's less than .500

Out of all the producers he's done classic tracks/multiple albums with, P is at the bottom.

You got Just, Ye, Tim, Ski, Premo, Clark Kent, then P.

But thats amazing company to have....

.500 batting average with an artist since 2001 ain't bad :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom