+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

did anyone else think that miley line was a reference to yay? i was convinced of it, until his twitter explanation
reference to ye how so?
BTW the whole reason he has the bridge at the end that goes "twerk miley miley twerk" is because it also sounds like Twerk, Molly, Molly, Twerk... which if you listen to mainstream hiphop these days that's what a large majority of the records are consisting of.
...?

Or because... 

she made a viral twerk video, then was twerking in her new music video also...

Last edited:
did anyone else think that miley line was a reference to yay? i was convinced of it, until his twitter explanation

I do think his last verse in Holy Grail was to Kanye. He's talking about himself, as well...but, I think he's really speaking to Kanye.

He even references Illest ****** Alive.

I do think his last verse in Holy Grail was to Kanye. He's talking about himself, as well...but, I think he's really speaking to Kanye.

The song is about fame bro. The ups and downs and how they aren't ups and downs as well :lol:

Could be talking to celebs as a whole

Last edited:
I think im lookin too far into that twerk miley line..I took it as he has a major influence on pop culture still so miley (white folks) are jammin his music, then on party in the usa she says "the jay-z song was on" so she's dancin to his music, and her obession with twerking...im probably reachin with two of them

Last edited:
i need to cop the physical just cuz i have all his other albums too.. the last album i bought was bp3 in 09

edit: jesus, $15!? i thought cds were like 9.99 that first week.. smh

Sometimes new releases are as low as $7, but I guess since Samsung had Jay go variant platinum, Jay said F a special price for the physical release :lol:

I think im lookin too far into that twerk miley line..I took it as he has a major influence on pop culture still so miley (white folks) are jammin his music, then on party in the usa she says "the jay-z song was on" so she's dancin to his music, and her obession with twerking...im probably reachin with two of them

You're def not reaching. Thats the whole underlying concept of the song/line.

" Only in America! "

That Breakfast Club interview was on a whole other level from the Angie interview.

I honestly don't know if I should be offended as a fan that he's finally opening up now.

I don't know if it's just marketing, or just plain too late, but it's damn near rubbing me the wrong way :smh:

I thought it was an obvious double.  Pretty sure it was pointed out earlier in the thread how he set that up a few bars prior:

When I was talking insta gram, last thing you wanted was your picture snapped

No one has really ever asked him the tough questions before if you think about it.

Been about 15 years of Angie, Flex, Clue, Elliot Wilson, etc. slurping.

Charlemagne has the ability to disarm you with humor and sneak in the tough question.

The internet and his family life has humanized him more plus he doesn't have to keep up that God MC aura that kept people off his back in the 90s/00s.

I thought it was an obvious double.  Pretty sure it was pointed out earlier in the thread how he set that up a few bars prior:

When I was talking insta gram, last thing you wanted was your picture snapped

ok. just so im not crazy. i was like :wow: when i heard the line (mainly because i did not know about miley cyrus's real life twerk video)

You're def not reaching. Thats the whole underlying concept of the song/line.

" Only in America! "
The point of the Miley line (besides the fact that she's literally obsessed with twerking/twerk videos) is that she's a white girl and represents white america, but she's not afraid of Black culture.  In fact she's even fascinated with and wants to embrace it even though she doesn't really "get" it yet.  

As Jay said yesterday on twitter: "Miley Cyrus is the scariest thing to the old world. Because they have a Black neighbor and their daughter doesn't see color."

Young white kids getting down and embracing urban culture is scary to the old white establishment.

Last edited:

The song is about fame bro. The ups and downs and how they aren't ups and downs as well :lol:

Could be talking to celebs as a whole

Yeah Holy Grail is about fame. The Dream helped with the writing of the song and he mentioned it's about fame in that video a few pages back.

Back
Top Bottom