+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

But lets also remember. Some of these tracks were done by the NEPTUNES as a whole.

Just cause P on the hook of it, doesn't mean he produced them all by himself. Pharrell always had a knack for taking the Neptunes limelight by himself.

It wasn't a knack - Chad didn't want the spotlight...

...and we should stop acting like we can spot a P solo vs a Neptunes beat (and don't say Kenna).

It wasn't a knack - Chad didn't want the spotlight...

...and we should stop acting like we can spot a P solo vs a Neptunes beat (and don't say Kenna).

There is a knack. I'm not saying he does it purposely, but a lot of people look at the Neptunes and NERD as under Pharrell. He's the voice of the group. He's the most proactive when it comes to venturing out into other things.

I've heard many people call NERD "Pharrell's rock band"

And you trying to tell me we can't tell this

From this?

Their sound together is different than Pharrell by himself. P uses those same shakers, bells, snares a lot.

I'm not knocking the guy, but after listening to him for a decade, its sort of easy to point out.

When Chad is on a project, there's a lot more synths and instrumentation.

Last edited:
from wikipedia, damn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharrell_Williams_discography#Production_credits

I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me) - Neptunes
Excuse Me Miss - Neptunes
La-La-La_(Excuse_Me_Miss_Again) - Neptunes
Frontin' - Neptunes
Blue_Magic_(song) - Neptunes
I Know - Neptunes
"A Ballad for the Fallen Soldier" - Neptunes
Change clothes - Neptunes
Allure - Neptunes
"Anything" - Neptunes
"So Ambitious" - Neptunes
BBC, Oceans - Pharrell

also didn't know

"The City Is Mine" (featuring Blackstreet) Teddy Riley, Chad Hugo

Frontin beat is whatever, P's singing is horrible.
when he sang it at the Black Album concert his mic cut off and everyone cheered.

I'll agree to the rest, but make a list of how many times they've worked together and how many are bearable and I bet you it's less than .500
ninja please?

i know?

blue magic?

that's more like 80%

from wikipedia, damn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharrell_Williams_discography#Production_credits

I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me) - Neptunes
Excuse Me Miss - Neptunes
La-La-La_(Excuse_Me_Miss_Again) - Neptunes
Frontin' - Neptunes
Blue_Magic_(song) - Neptunes
I Know - Neptunes
"A Ballad for the Fallen Soldier" - Neptunes
Change clothes - Neptunes
Allure - Neptunes
"Anything" - Neptunes
"So Ambitious" - Neptunes
BBC, Oceans - Pharrell

also didn't know

"The City Is Mine" (featuring Blackstreet) Teddy Riley, Chad Hugo
this alone! JAY BODIED LA LA LA 

ALSO, drop it like its hot REMIX

I ain't heard of that

top 5

with the neptunes

-Excuse me miss

-Excuse me (la la la)

-Give it to me

-Oceans

-I know

~allure

with timbaland

-Come and get me

-Jiga What, Jiga Who Originators 99

-Lobster and Shrimp

-Heaven

-Big Pimpin

~hey papi/snoopy track/it's hot

with DJ Premier

-So Ghetto

-a million

-friend or foe 98

-d'evils

-friend or foe

~any song that didn't happen

with Kanye

-Heart of the city

-A Dream

-Lucifer

-Poppin Tags

-Takeover

~Never Change/Otis

with Just Blaze

-You Don't Know

-Intro (Dynasty)

-Girls, Girls, Girls

-P.S.A

-Stick 2 the script

~Kingdom Come/Breathe  Easy

with Ski

-Politics as usual

-Dead Presidents ii

-Feelin It

-22 two's

-Streets is Watchin

with Bink!

-.You, Me, Him, Her

-Momma Loves Me

-1-900-Hustler

-All I Need

-The Rulers Back

with Trackmaster (The remixes and collabs)

-j**** that n

-Fiesta (Remix)

-Best of Me pt.2

-I'll Be

-Take You Home With Me

with Swizz

-Jiga my n

-On to the next

-Money Cash ****

-rest is trash

Last edited:
Am I the only one that finds it painfully obvious that Jay smashed Angie Martinez :nerd:
thats old news buddy......welcome to 2003
Hence my asking how old he was 
laugh.gif

Dudes accused Jay of this during the Nas beef in 01.
TF age have to do w/ anything?

I'm from Chicago, neither one of our stations discussed or gave a d*mn about who Jay was f*cking. + I was too busy being a knuckle head rather than reading/posting on internet msg boards.

[Facts Only... My Laugh]

i need to cop the physical just cuz i have all his other albums too.. the last album i bought was bp3 in 09

edit: jesus, $15!? i thought cds were like 9.99 that first week.. smh

Got it yesterday, forgot all about it on Tuesday. It looks like it's selling well, they had few left.

I thought the same thing about the price. I had just picked up Wale and J Cole for $9.99 and $11.99 last week.

It looks like they took time with the CD, which I'm glad for. Since a few of us still purchase physical copies, in addition to digital downloads.

@bilbo repped for taking the time to do that, nice post :pimp:

I would def have Encore and prob Izzo in Kanye's top 5 though

Ya'll are acting like Pharrell held a gun to Jay and Nas' head and said "rap over this". 
Obviously he didn't and Jay chose to use the beat. But supposedly Pharrell has the tendency to "force" beats on people :lol:
This is kinda long but a funny read:

http://www.hypnagogics.com/questo/#!/skateboard-p

picked up the album tuesday... the packaging on it is great, definitely the best i've seen in awhile.

& imo, jay & the neptunes have classics together... i prefer him over their production more than anyone else to be honest.

i know
blue magic
change clothes
allure
excuse me miss
la la la (excuse me again)
**** all night
_ please
a ballad for the fallen soldier
so ambitious
i just wanna love you
the city is mine
anything (only track i wasn't a fan of that they did together)
oceans
BBC
glory
lift off (co production)
gotta have it

& that's not including young girl or frontin...

they've put out a good mix of smooth tracks, party tracks, bangers, & story telling / deep tracks over the years... to me, hov on their production is always one of the highlights of the album ( besides anything on KC :lol: )

top 5

with the neptunes

-Excuse me miss

-Excuse me (la la la)

-Give it to me

-Oceans

-I know

~allure

with timbaland

-Come and get me

-Jiga What, Jiga Who Originators 99

-Lobster and Shrimp

-Heaven

-Big Pimpin

~hey papi/snoopy track/it's hot

with DJ Premier

-So Ghetto

-a million

-friend or foe 98

-d'evils

-friend or foe

~any song that didn't happen

with Kanye

-Heart of the city

-A Dream

-Lucifer

-Poppin Tags

-Takeover

~Never Change/Otis

with Just Blaze

-You Don't Know

-Intro (Dynasty)

-Girls, Girls, Girls

-P.S.A

-Stick 2 the script

~Kingdom Come/Breathe  Easy

with Ski

-Politics as usual

-Dead Presidents ii

-Feelin It

-22 two's

-Streets is Watchin

with Bink!

-.You, Me, Him, Her

-Momma Loves Me

-1-900-Hustler

-All I Need

-The Rulers Back

with Trackmaster (The remixes and collabs)

-j**** that n

-Fiesta (Remix)

-Best of Me pt.2

-I'll Be

-Take You Home With Me

with Swizz

-Jiga my n

-On to the next

-Money Cash ****

-rest is trash
This list is so on point

I think what I'm most upset with by this album is that jay had the chance to do something truly great and inspirational and he decided to put out a safe album. It's not bad, but it's not great, and just leaves me with the question of why are you still rapping? Hov has nothing left to prove, and nothing less to say unless he takes a turn into some radical rap like dead prez, which is what I hoped was going to happen.

Hov could have done some bob marley impact the world **** over some trap beats. He had nothing to worry about. Didn't have to worry about sales, didn't have to worry about pushing a single, didn't have to worry about marketing. Could have done something amazing, but he decided to drop a safe album.

So is Rae confirmed for the deluxe? Was really looking forward to his part. Could have worked with F.U.T.W or heaven imo.

I'm waiting to cop until a Deluxe is confirmed or not.

I think what I'm most upset with by this album is that jay had the chance to do something truly great and inspirational and he decided to put out a safe album. It's not bad, but it's not great, and just leaves me with the question of why are you still rapping? Hov has nothing left to prove, and nothing less to say unless he takes a turn into some radical rap like dead prez, which is what I hoped was going to happen.

Hov could have done some bob marley impact the world **** over some trap beats. He had nothing to worry about. Didn't have to worry about sales, didn't have to worry about pushing a single, didn't have to worry about marketing. Could have done something amazing, but he decided to drop a safe album.
Because he got paid $5 million to do it.

Jay is a great rapper, but it's obvious he doesn't have that much interest in advancing the culture. Which is fine, but please let's not confuse Mr. Carter with trueblooded artists like dead prez or Bob Marley :lol:

Jay is a great rapper, but it's obvious he doesn't have that much interest in advancing the culture. Which is fine, but please let's not confuse Mr. Carter with trueblooded artists like dead prez or Bob Marley :lol:

What I'm saying is that he has the ability to do so. Hov has the ability to be a dead prez if he wants to. He already received that bread though, there was absolutely no reason why he couldn't put out what he wanted to do. I guess it's like he said on moment of clarity, "I wanna rhyme like common sense/ but, i did 5 mil and ain't bee rapping like common since"

He hasn't advanced the culture :rofl:

All the deals he's made outside of rap, muchless doing stuff like having a concert on Showtime or this Samsung deal.

He introduced an entire region to Cash Money and UGK.

Exactly what have dead prez done to advance the culture? True blood artist :lol: Man don't ever mention dead prez with Bob Marley again. Would dead prez be considered good rappers if they didn't have their niche?

And how can they be true blood artist when they did a song with the person who you claim isn't.

Dudes going by reviews in the NYPost for hip hop albums now..........
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
There use to be only one publication you could trust for reviews...and that was The Source.

Well up until they gave Lil Kim 5 mics...
grin.gif

Then they had the issue where they went back and changed up mic ratings...
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom