+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

What about the beats off the first Philly's Most Wanted album? ALL done by the Neptunes. That album was so underrated.

Something new happen that we dont know about?

http://www.vibe.com/article/vibe-interview-clipse-digital-cover-story-my-brothers-keeper

I’ve also heard that you guys still owe Columbia another album as a group.
No Malice: We don’t owe anybody anything.
Pusha T: Nothing.

So at this point, is there definitely going to be another Clipse album?
No Malice: We’re going to continue to talk amongst ourselves and work on putting something together. Whatever we decide, we’ll let the fans know when we’re ready. At this time, it’s still between us.

There was an alleged album title thrown out there last year, As God Is My Witness. Was that from you guys?
No Malice: Like I always say, there’s nothing that I want more than to put an album together with my brother. Pusha has been doing the solo thing for a few years so I’m wondering why all the Clipse questions are coming now. We’ve always supported each other in everything that we’ve done. Right now, we’re doing two different things.

Malice is working on a solo album right now.. Hes trying to do that praise God stuff..
ugh. when i was googling a youtube link for those vids, a few headlines about 4th studio album in works popped up then i looked on wikipedia saw it was on there and assumed it was true.

wikipedia strikes again!

Man **** here with that BS... Juvenile was popping with HA and that's what put Cashmoney on the map... that's why Jay jumped on the remix because it was hot you know damn well he wasn't going to do it unless it benefited himself whether it be in his pockets or his star power. The same thing happened with Cam and Oh Boy Jay didn't want to work with them then as soon as that single started taking off he wanted to jump on it because it was hot at the moment and it could benfit his career or keep him in the limelight. UGK yeah not going to lie I didn't know of them before Big Pimping.

I remeber when HA first dropped and I hated that south ****, but it sat at the number one spot on Rap City for so long that eventually it grew on me. Only video that I think sat that long on number one was the Xzibit song where it's shot in one still I forgot the name of the song.

Gotta disagree on the Juvey putting Cash Money w/ HA. They didn't blow until Back that *** up came out.
He took off to gold...platinum... 4x plat after that dropped.

Back from my ban, the leak I sprung that night was pretty crazy. :lol:
Anyway, Imma give MCHG a 7/10. Some high points, some low points, overall good album.
Run the Jewels got my neck like a bobblehead though lol

Jay-Z announced the release of his Magna Carta Holy Grail album on television during the NBA finals last month, but that doesn't mean that the Rap mogul watches much television himself. "I'm really just [an] ESPN, HBO guy," Jay-Z says during an interview with New York radio station Hot 97. "That's pretty much the extent of my TV."

A minority owner of the Brooklyn Nets and owner of the Roc Nation Sports agency, Jay-Z says he enjoys watching sports in particular. "That's the only thing that's real," he says. "The outcome of that is real, although people want to believe that it's fixed. 'We're going to go to Game 7 because the NBA fixed it.' Nah. It's the real thing. That's the real reality show."

As for reality television itself, Jay-Z says he is not a fan of the genre, although he watches it on occassion. "I'm not into that," he says. "That's not my business. I'm not into that. I don't have enough time in the day to invest in it."

Jay-Z doesn't invest much time in watching the news, either, as he says it has an agenda. "CNN is almost like TMZ," Jay-Z says during the interview. "Certain things, it's like, 'Ah, man. This is like really just entertainment.' It's really like all for ratings at the end of the day. And you squeeze a bit of information in there."

Jay-Z's wife Beyonce released the HBO documentary Life Is But A Dream in February, which he says he did watch. Hova said he had mixed emotions about the film. "It gave me a little anxiety," he says. "But, you know, it's something she had to do, she wanted to do, so you just fall back and enjoy. I had a little anxiety, but it was all good. You feel weird just putting yourself out there in that sort of way, especially when you reveal so much in your music. If feels like, 'Any more and I'm gonna be naked out here.'"

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.24594/title.jay-z-says-cnn-is-almost-like-tmz

are we finally seeing Jay rebel? :nerd:

This is one of the dumbest articles i have read in a long time (grantland) article

He makes valid points about Jay & Kanye both using new Talent and adding it to their sound, (that's what ALL great artist do but i digress). However instead of leaving it at that he makes it seem as if taking a 16 yr old unknown (Wondagurl) or a 21 yr old unknown (Travis Scott) & placing them in contact with world renown producers and giving them placements some producers would die for suddenly "Hurts" their careers :smh:

He's also another one of those guys on the "Jay-z RAP ALBUM sounds like a RAP ALBUM so its not progressive" side. He then goes on to claim that Jay-z is making big money off the album so of course he doesn't care about the art (Funny that Hov just touched on this in the BC interview). I'm sick and ******g tired of these "Tastemakers" trying to turn hip-hop into a lyric free dubstep/ electronic/ Euro Pop genre. I am actually a fan of Yeezus but i'll be damned if all of rap just rest on a bunch of ******g sounds clashed together with no meaning behind the words. And i GUARANTEE this same prson who wrote this article is somewhere on twitter or another blog praising Lil B/ riff Raff/ Keef or any of these other cats who aren't known for their lyrics and pushing that as the hottest out.

Jay does a better job at staying relevant than rapping these days....this album is below average in terms of Jay's skill.

I've listened to it thouroughly now for the past 2 days...and no track stands out in my mind :x.

-BBC is the worst song on the album.
-Jay hadn't sold 5 mil when Ha came out. I don't even think Reasonable Doubt was gold. Vol. 1 was gold. Vol. 2 was successful.
-I don't know why or how Jay got on the song. I think they said Jay hopped on it because he liked it and thought it was going to be big.
-Ha was all over MTV and BET
-Back That *** Up was the song that launched Cash Money.

This is one of the dumbest articles i have read in a long time (grantland) article

He makes valid points about Jay & Kanye both using new Talent and adding it to their sound, (that's what ALL great artist do but i digress). However instead of leaving it at that he makes it seem as if taking a 16 yr old unknown (Wondagurl) or a 21 yr old unknown (Travis Scott) & placing them in contact with world renown producers and giving them placements some producers would die for suddenly "Hurts" their careers
mean.gif

He's also another one of those guys on the "Jay-z RAP ALBUM sounds like a RAP ALBUM so its not progressive" side. He then goes on to claim that Jay-z is making big money off the album so of course he doesn't care about the art (Funny that Hov just touched on this in the BC interview). I'm sick and ******g tired of these "Tastemakers" trying to turn hip-hop into a lyric free dubstep/ electronic/ Euro Pop genre. I am actually a fan of Yeezus but i'll be damned if all of rap just rest on a bunch of ******g sounds clashed together with no meaning behind the words. And i GUARANTEE this same prson who wrote this article is somewhere on twitter or another blog praising Lil B/ riff Raff/ Keef or any of these other cats who aren't known for their lyrics and pushing that as the hottest out.
hip hop let in too many lames, it will die a quiet death because it's become so accessible. To many corny *** dudes giving their two cents trying to make a come up with overly wordy reviews and critiques...it's almost as if dudes critique for criticisms sake. Miss the days when reporters would get smacked for some foolishness.

Last edited:
Man that one line in Nickels and Dimes Jay spit in reference to Lady Gaga:

"Try to stop food going into my little monsters mouth will drive me Gaga" or something like that...

....Bruh. I'm sorry. That's not your typical Jay-Z rhyming. That was POOR.

This album sucks.

Man that one line in Nickels and Dimes Jay spit in reference to Lady Gaga:

"Try to stop food going into my little monsters mouth will drive me Gaga" or something like that...

....Bruh. I'm sorry. That's not your typical Jay-Z rhyming. That was POOR.

This album sucks.

Word his flow has been so trash since Kingdom Come. He's had a few standout tracks to let us know that he still got it, but for the most part he's been putting out subpar verses for a few albums now. Production on this album is great though. Album is 5/10 at best IMO.

Let us REALLY examine Oceans (Most of this Was done myself with a lil help from Rapgenius because they do go OD on a few lines)

[Intro]
(You see this ************)
(White, White, White)

Frank Ocean Hook
"I see elephant tusk on the bow of a sailing lady(Boat)
Docked on the Ivory Coast"

View media item 490976
Keep in mind the commercial where he speaks on the duality of The song (slavery/success). the obvious comparison is frank speaking on the view a slave would see among being put on a ship but also nowadays the ivory coast can also be seen as a place of luxury where people go yachting.
View media item 491089
you also have the reference to Ivory which triggers the black/white dichotomy of the song & the actual color of Ivory, which is a tannish off white color which could refer to cocaine (which makes sense because it's referenced througout the song)
View media item 491099
"Mercedes in a row winding down the road"
another view at the luxury side, expensive cars... also when drugs are unloaded from a boat there are usually cars lined up to recieve the shipment.
View media item 490959
"I hope my black skin don't dirt this white tuxedo
Before the Basquiat show and if so
Well **** it, **** it"

He's still keeping up the luxury by mentioning the Tuxedo, The fear of him tarnishing his white tuxedo considering white has always been received as purity.
Tuxedo is also the title of a Basquiat’s canvas, the work is completely black and white.
View media item 490970
"Because this water drown my family
This water mixed my blood
This water tells my story
This water knows it all"

On one end the obvious reference of the water is to slavery. We were brought across the oceans on boats, throughout these rides many were killed, drowned, raped etc etc. the Ocean was the site of all these atrocities hence why the water knows it all.
View media item 490978
The water can also be used as a reference to drug use. water(drugs) have drowned several black family's since it hit causing people to share needles and blood, transmitting diseases in the process, drugs as any fan of Jay can tell has always been a huge part of his story.
View media item 490981
"Go ahead and spill some champagne in the water
Go ahead and watch the sun blaze
On the waves of the ocean"

Referring again to success it's not rare for the rich to spill champagne while on a yacht but its also a nod to pouring out liquor to those that have passed. In This case the millions of blacks that lost their life crossing these oceans.
View media item 490986View media item 490987
"Dope boy still smelling like cocaina
White boat, white robe"

Referencing his Come up as a drug dealer to now cruising across the seas in his robe (Keep in mind the Cleanliness and purity that the color white represents)

"Can he be more cleaner"
still making reference to white but no longer is he still selling coke, he's now Jay z all his money is clean and pure.

"The oil spill that BP ain't clean up"
A triple entendre making reference to BP itself, corporations trying to change him and strip him of his blackness, and another reference to the amount of black lives lost in that ocean that will never be forgotten.
View media item 491016
"I'm anti-Santa Maria
Only Christopher we acknowledge is Wallace"

More History that was manipulated Jay has no respect for Christopher Columbus he was a mass murderer who is celebrated like a hero. He rather celebrate the life of His Friend Christopher Wallace (Notorious BIG)
View media item 491030
"I don't even like Washingtons in my pocket
Black card go hard when I'm shopping"

no Love for George Washington either he was a known racist and slave owner, also a reference to how he rather use his blackcard instead of cash at all.
View media item 491032
"Boat dock in front of Hermes picking cotton
Silk and fleeces, lay on my Jesus"

Jay-Z continues along with the ocean theme by using the “boat” metaphor to refer to his Maybach being parked outside of the the Luxury Designer Hermes store while he’s shopping for clothes(Picking cotton). Also a literal reference back to slave days when they use to pick cotton from fields.
View media item 491043View media item 491044
"Silk and fleeces, lay on my Jesus
Oh my God, I hope y'all don't get seasick"

Keeping up with the cotton from the last line he then names two other fabrics slaves were forced to pick and explains how they lay upon his dimaond jesus chain (another show of luxury/wealth). Still holding on to the ocean imagery he uses seasick as a reference to the actual slaves crossing across the water & The people who hate on him for having all these luxurious things.
View media item 491108View media item 491110
"See me in **** you never saw
If it wasn't for these pictures they wouldn't see me at all"

Still keeping the theme of Ocean (See/Sea), Jay Has made a living of being the one to start new trends and come out with things most don't know about... also a clever play on the word seesaw. Jay feels as if people ain't seeing him in rap 7 also in a literal sense he ain't where all them other rappers at.

"Aww, whole world's in awe
I crash through glass ceilings, I break through closed doors"

Pretty Obvious this man has become a figure for being in a space your not SUPPOSED to be in. He's constantly making history and whether you like it or hate it everyone is paying attention.
View media item 491077
"On the ocean, I'm in heaven
Yachting, Ocean 11"

when's he's in the ocean he's estatic because he knows he's made it. he thens mentions Oceans 11 which is a movie about career criminals who finally made the big heist and can just relax. Jay is no stranger to that he was a hustler who made it out and now enjoys his lucrative life.

It can also be seen in a literal sense of when he's on the ocean he feels at home like you would in heaven. His roots, ancestors were killed and remain part of that same water he's now around them.

ALL FIRST VERSE.... but ya'll ****** still skimmin go right ahead pleboi.:smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom