+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Now Jay-Z hasnt done anything to advance the culture..... This thread man.

He hasn't, but like charles barkley said "i aint a role

Model" its not his responsibility to nor his obligation.

Its a plus if u do, but it isnt a minus if u dont.

Can't y'all see that he's fake, the rap version of T.D. Jakes
Prophesizing on your CDs and tapes
Won't break you a crumb of the little bit that he makes
And this is with whom you want to place your faith
I put dollars on mine, ask Columbine
When the Twin Towers dropped, I was the first in line
Donating proceeds off every ticket sold
When I was out on the road, that's how you judge Hov, no?
Ain't I supposed to be absorbed in myself?
Every time there's a tragedy, I'm the first one to help
They call me this misogynist, but they don't call me the dude
To take his dollars to give gifts at the projects
These dudes is all politics, depositing checks
They put in they pocket, all you get in return is a lot of lip
And y'all buy the ****, caught up in the hype
Cause the ***** wear a kufi, it don't mean that he bright
Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice
It just means you don't understand all the ******** that he write
Is it "Oochie Wally Wally" or is it "One Mic"?
Is it "Black Girl Lost" or shorty owe you for ice?
I've been real all my life, they confuse it with conceit
Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
But I will not lose, for even in defeat
There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens up for me
When the grass is cut, the snakes will show
I gotta thank the little homie Nas for that though
Saving me the hassle of speaking to half of these ********
And I'mma let karma catch up to Jaz-O, whoa
I'm back before you had a chance to miss me
My mama can't save you this time, ****** is history
Who you know flow vicious as me?
Yet so religiously, that's why they call me Hov
I get the spoils cause the victor is me (me, *****)
You're an actor, you're not who you're depicted to be
You street dreaming, all y'all ****** living through me
I gave you life when ****** was forgetting you emcee
I'm a legend, you should take a picture with me
You should be happy to be in my presence, I should charge you a fee
I'm Big Dog, Glenn Rob, listen God you a flea
And the little homey Jungle is a garden to me
What's the problem B? You not as hard as me
***** hard as we, ***** R O C, *****
That's why they follow me, they feel my pain and my agony, *****
I won't rest till you on one knee
You want war then this war's gon' be, *****
Until you on one knee, you want war then this war's gon' be, *****

BULLY!!!!!!!

Not getting the hate for BBC. One of my favorite songs on the album.

Originally Posted by Antidope

Now Jay-Z hasnt done anything to advance the culture..... This thread man.
What does it mean to "advance the culture?" Does it mean to say some psuedo intellectual references to Africa in some anti-American poetry, denouncing the only land you know in favor of some idealistic fantasy about where our culture should be or does it mean to show a kid from our culture can snatch the American dream from a world that doesn't want you to be a part of it and you don't have to change who you are at your core? And by "American dream" I mean billions, not millions, I mean freedom to wear a street uniform standing next to billionaires.

I listen to Jay everyday since I was a kid, his honesty wth himself and with the world has greatly advanced my life (along with other influences), am I not part of the culture?

Kills me that we are so ashamed of our ghettos, acting as if we do something different than any other American culture. Granted, the things we do could land us in jail, but look at someone like Vanderbilt who spent his youth in underground illegal fighting rings, and shipping questionable goods up and down American rivers, he never got caught and white culture praises him, Jay did the same thing with the illegal activities of his day, made something out of it and never forgot where he came from. History provides prospective, learn some.

Why can't ya'll be happy with new music thats better than 90% of whats coming out? 

I'm not saying don't have an opinion or be subjective but lets not act like Hov put out a weed plate.  Its good music. Be happy.  We don't have many great artist in the game that can give us a solid project.  Hov, Nas, Kanye.....then Drake, Kendrick, Ross, Weezy.....I mean its only like 8 all-star rappers and everybody else is unproven or inconsistent. 

Be happy you don't have another song with the same 4 rappers collabing on the same Mike Will beats.

Be happy you don't have the same rappers with the same Future hooks

Its Hov.  He's earned the respect.  He's our Rolling Stones or whatever big rock band that still gets love from every age by white folks.

If the music was wack then yeah I'd call him out but don't be mad if its not Blueprint. 

^ he didn't put out a weed plate. It's straight but it doesn't sound any different than Kingdom Come or BP3. He has seriously run out of **** to talk about. Production saves this album but I won't play this **** again. The reason why people aren't happy is because he has the power and fame to do so much more. He can take risks that other rappers can't.

Y'all ****** are really criticizing the man because he hasn't solved the history of black people in America tho

The ***** has given us 3 in debatable classics.. Now 3 arguable classics, has challenged every negative set against the hood.... And y'all are nitpicking GOOD music... If this is trash then your basically saying the genre I connect with the most is completely done because this album is better than 90% of rap out

Instead of building our artist and putting them on a pedestal we tear em down and act as if they our inferior to other art forms that's what upsets me, not that it's jay but y'all continue to try and disfigure black culture likes its a throwaway.

Cats like him and Nas IMO belong in the conversation with not rappers but the same ARTIST that we studied in schools.

The same way I had to go thru stanzas of shaekespeare I had to go thru the bars of them to decipher **** and yes I do think their writing is that advanced

I don't think some of you even know what hip hop culture is to say that somebody isn't advancing the culture

Jay is simultaneously advancing AND changing the culture too by the way. 

The goal has evolved from owning a Benz on BBS's and wearing Dapper Dan custom outfits...  to being a sports agent, NBA team owner, CEO, etc. I wish other rappers would follow suit, but the bulk of our culture is stuck in the old ways. Most rappers want the quick buck so they glorify the quick hustle to the fan who wants the quick gratification. 

Last edited:
Showing people you can transition from growing up without a father, selling nickles and dimes in the hood, to rapping, to owning a clothing line, running a record label, influencing coporate america, to runnning a sports agency isn't influencing black culture :lol:. He was invited to the first black presidents inauguration! Jay-Z is the Black American Dream

Last edited:
Cats like him and Nas IMO belong in the conversation with not rappers but the same ARTIST that we studied in schools.

The same way I had to go thru stanzas of shaekespeare I had to go thru the bars of them to decipher **** and yes I do think their writing is that advanced
I totally agree. 

working with puff :smh:

What? no! He made American Gangster working with Diddy. And that album is :pimp:

from my understanding Puff bought a bunch of those beats just for his house
just some fly $&%# to walk around to :smh:

he had to convince puff to give it to him, if anything Puff was going to leave them on ice :smh:

http://slumz.boxden.com/f87/throwba...e-him-biggies-stash-instrumentals-ag-1620860/

http://www.whudat.com/newsblurbs/mo...bo_didnt_have_anyone_to_give_em_to_1681030073

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20154209_2,00.html

Last edited:
from my understanding Puff bought a bunch of those beats just for his house
just some fly $&%# to walk around to
mean.gif

he had to convince puff to give it to him, if anything Puff was going to leave them on ice
mean.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I could actually see Puff doing this.

Back
Top Bottom