+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Naw, I'm a professional in hip hop

btw, why are you so angry? :lol:

Not angry at all bro, you're actually talking to someone who influences hip-hop - not someone who's influenced by hip-hop.

I'm 26 years old fam. I've been listening to Jay since the 90's, literally.

Dont sit there and try to take shots at me and than ask why I'm mad. I appreciate Jay-Z; just not the watered-down material he's put out lately.

i know, it's just a play on words.  it's not a double entendre unless 2 different meanings are conveyed in 1 phrase
Ummmm, it doesn't have to be an entire phrase

Definition of DOUBLE ENTENDRE
: ambiguity of meaning arising from language that lends itself to more than one interpretation
: a word or expression capable of two interpretations with one usually risqué
right.  That still does not make it a double entendre, it's a pun

where is the ambiguity in meaning that can be derived from that line or a word in that line?

most of what people construe as DE are actually just puns...

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm sure you knew exactly what he was talking about.
laugh.gif

Funny how out of lazy bars you mentioned that one.

btw, why did you listen to an album by an artist you think is trash?
And all the people who like the album, just have bad taste, right
laugh.gif
roll.gif

After letting this album sink in for a week the replay value hasn't been too great.....

Can only listen to a handful of the songs all the way through.

6.5/10.

not particularly, there isn't really a dual meaning there
Little monster = his daughter and what GaGa calls her fans
GaGa = baby sound in reference to his daughter which the line was about and lady gaga...him going crazy regarding his daughter
i know, it's just a play on words.  it's not a double entendre unless 2 different meanings are conveyed in 1 phrase
a double entendre is always a play on words though.
but a play on words is not always a double entendre

: ambiguity of meaning arising from language that lends itself to more than one interpretation
Serve hit up Wikipedia quick 

laugh.gif

Last edited:

Serve hit up Wikiapedia quick 

laugh.gif
you saying I went to Wikipedia to know what a double entendre is

or are you saying that I should?  Nah I didn't/don't need to do either

I'm saying you went to wikipedia or dictionary.com...

If dudes really knew what it was dude wouldn't have made a post like Jay spit a wack lyric about Lady Gaga..

Last edited:
not particularly, there isn't really a dual meaning there
Little monster = his daughter and what GaGa calls her fans
GaGa = baby sound in reference to his daughter which the line was about and lady gaga...him going crazy regarding his daughter
a double entendre is always a play on words though.
but a play on words is not always a double entendre

Jay-Z has enough money not to worry about the god damn sells and plus he is a big name artist, whatever he releases is going to sell, why not go back to the RAW lyrical MCee fresh outta Marcy? That Reasonable Doubt flow was one of my fav flows, and I'm a Nas stan, I'm not supposed to be saying things like this lol....Or has Jay-Z just lost it?

Jay-Z is one of the best rappers of all time, his accomplishments and what he did on the business side is crazy, with the way rappers are rapping now, i don't see anyone of them touching Jay-Z, when a lot of them inspire to be just like him (Meek, etc). With that said, I haven't even listened to the MCHG yet, but the way the critics has panned it, I don't feel the urge to even give it a download brah. 

Reasonable Doubt is Jay-Z best work, Blueprint is overrated to me, the impact of the production was big and I think that was the reason it's held as one of the best albums of all-time.

crying real tears 
embarassed.gif

Y'all ****** deal with emotions like ****** what sad is I love cause you my brother you traded your soul for riches.......the whole album he bragging bout his wealth God Son knew way back.....

When Jay was on the Breakfast Club, he kept on saying "steel sharpens steel", and I believe that this is something that might be hurting his music as of lately.

By no means is this a bad album, I actually like it. But who is pushing Jay in the rap music category? I don't want to sound like an old man, but the outkast's, the wu-tangs, biggie's and pac's are gone. He spoke about coming out during the same week as outkast, the fugees and some other big rap act, and they all did well (in sales). Who right now (outside of 2-3 rappers) would really challenge Jay to push units or step up his rap game?

Like I said, I like the album, but I also understand that he has taken a step back and we will NEVER get another Reasonable Doubt or Blueprint. I also honestly think Jay does not want to go that route either.

I give the album 7.5/10

Back
Top Bottom