+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

jesus miskeen air forces.  man air forces in general during that era.

evrything we loved aint no mooooo

I don't care what any yall _'s say PART 2 is my ****.
nthat.gif
Joint SMACKS in the whip doin' 110 with the ride or die

That Juve flow was sick too

Can't y'all see that he's fake, the rap version of T.D. Jakes
Prophesizing on your CDs and tapes
Won't break you a crumb of the little bit that he makes
And this is with whom you want to place your faith
I put dollars on mine, ask Columbine
When the Twin Towers dropped, I was the first in line
Donating proceeds off every ticket sold
When I was out on the road, that's how you judge Hov, no?
Ain't I supposed to be absorbed in myself?
Every time there's a tragedy, I'm the first one to help
They call me this misogynist, but they don't call me the dude
To take his dollars to give gifts at the projects
These dudes is all politics, depositing checks
They put in they pocket, all you get in return is a lot of lip
And y'all buy the ****, caught up in the hype
Cause the ***** wear a kufi, it don't mean that he bright
Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice
It just means you don't understand all the ******** that he write
Is it "Oochie Wally Wally" or is it "One Mic"?
Is it "Black Girl Lost" or shorty owe you for ice?
I've been real all my life, they confuse it with conceit
Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
But I will not lose, for even in defeat
There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens up for me
When the grass is cut, the snakes will show
I gotta thank the little homie Nas for that though
Saving me the hassle of speaking to half of these ********
And I'mma let karma catch up to Jaz-O, whoa
I'm back before you had a chance to miss me
My mama can't save you this time, ****** is history
Who you know flow vicious as me?
Yet so religiously, that's why they call me Hov
I get the spoils cause the victor is me (me, *****)
You're an actor, you're not who you're depicted to be
You street dreaming, all y'all ****** living through me
I gave you life when ****** was forgetting you emcee
I'm a legend, you should take a picture with me
You should be happy to be in my presence, I should charge you a fee
I'm Big Dog, Glenn Rob, listen God you a flea
And the little homey Jungle is a garden to me
What's the problem B? You not as hard as me
***** hard as we, ***** R O C, *****
That's why they follow me, they feel my pain and my agony, *****
I won't rest till you on one knee
You want war then this war's gon' be, *****
Until you on one knee, you want war then this war's gon' be, *****

BULLY!!!!!!!

UNLEASH THE FLUTES ON EM GURU!!!

jesus miskeen air forces.  man air forces in general during that era.

evrything we loved aint no mooooo

Still wear Forces like it's nothing.

Don't let these "trendy" types fool you.

It's not what you wear, it's how you wear it.

But as I said, I couldn't wear Miskeen AF1s at all so I sold them :lol:

I've been listening to this intro all damn day. So good.

that oceans breakdown was dope, I hadn't seen the vid where he explains the concept, I was lost a lot of the time.

wasn't for Kane/caine, wouldn't be abel/able
wasn't for the bread, prolly be dead

:pimp:

Last edited:
not particularly, there isn't really a dual meaning there

Little monster = his daughter and what GaGa calls her fans

GaGa = baby sound in reference to his daughter which the line was about and lady gaga...him going crazy regarding his daughter
i know, it's just a play on words.  it's not a double entendre unless 2 different meanings are conveyed in 1 phrase
a double entendre is always a play on words though.
but a play on words is not always a double entendre
View media item 470163
:lol: this conversation feels like a riddle. But i see where both are coming from tho. I don't consider every play on words a d.e. It's hard to explain, but i refuse to get sucked into this wormhole.

laugh.gif
this conversation feels like a riddle. But i see where both are coming from tho. I don't consider every play on words a d.e. It's hard to explain, but i refuse to get sucked into this wormhole.
Its definitely not a double entendre, theres only 1 interpretation of those lines

The old Jay wouldve found a way to make that a D.E. Not to say that he had to, but it would've made the line that much better, .....I dont think that qualifies under the " you want my old stuff buy my old music" thing either, its just below par for one of the greats

A double entendre doesn't have to be an entire phrase.

Not angry at all bro, you're actually talking to someone who influences hip-hop - not someone who's influenced by hip-hop.

I'm 26 years old fam. I've been listening to Jay since the 90's, literally.

Dont sit there and try to take shots at me and than ask why I'm mad. I appreciate Jay-Z; just not the watered-down material he's put out lately.

So you were back in to Jay-Z way back when you were 10 :lol:

Next are you going to say you were listening to Big Jaz when you were in diapers?

Last edited:
Rap fans always crack me up. They listen to Jay-Z and music to criticize instead of enjoy. The internet gave people a voice where everyone thinks they're writers for XXL. People will listen to an album once and then run to criticize it or proclaim it a classic.

You criticize an album and artist, but then say it's 7.5 :smh: Because you like or don't like an album doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way. You are never going to please everyone as an artist.

When you start judging the music based on the artist instead of the music, it's a problem. It's not the artist problem, it's your problem. You deduct points because it's Jay-Z instead of someone else?

Adrian Peterson isn't as good as he used to be, AD fell off, he only ran for 1,600 this year...sons trash now he didn't get 5 yards a carry. :smh:

Rap fans always crack me up. They listen to Jay-Z and music to criticize instead of enjoy. The internet gave people a voice where everyone thinks they're writers for XXL. People will listen to an album once and then run to criticize it or proclaim it a classic.

You criticize an album and artist, but then say it's 7.5
mean.gif
Because you like or don't like an album doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way. You are never going to please everyone as an artist.

When you start judging the music based on the artist instead of the music, it's a problem. It's not the artist problem, it's your problem. You deduct points because it's Jay-Z instead of someone else?

Adrian Peterson isn't as good as he used to be, AD fell off, he only ran for 1,600 this year...sons trash now he didn't get 5 yards a carry.
mean.gif
I agree.

You are doing work in this thread fam keep it up. repped

After giving this album sometime to digest I have a firm grasp on how I feel about the album

Holy Grail 
nthat.gif
- JT came correct with the hook and Jay did his thing

Picasso Baby 
nthat.gif
- Best song on the album by far. Reminds me of a DJ Premier instrumental

Tom Ford 
pimp.gif
- Didnt like it at first but it has grown on me. Kinda overproduced IMO

F*uckwithmeyouknowigotit 
nthat.gif
- Instrumental alone makes me like this song. Verses were whack from both Jay and Ross

Oceans 
glasses.gif
- its ok. 

Every single song after the first five I cant listen to anymore. Versus and Beach is Better should have both been longer. The others (especially Jay-Z Blue and La Familia) are trash

I caught a lot of those bars in Oceans but not all of them. Props to TyIsNy I greatly apprecaite that post. I still have my old Miskeen shirts, they remind me of my younger days and make me feel all nostalgic. I bought a pair of all white Air Forces in summer of 2007 that I still havent worn to this day. They just sit in my closet in the box.

Still cant get over how bad BBC is.

This isn't hyperbole, but does anyone else feel like Pharrell (solo) is an overrated producer?

A double entendre doesn't have to be an entire phrase.
Not angry at all bro, you're actually talking to someone who influences hip-hop - not someone who's influenced by hip-hop.

I'm 26 years old fam. I've been listening to Jay since the 90's, literally.

Dont sit there and try to take shots at me and than ask why I'm mad. I appreciate Jay-Z; just not the watered-down material he's put out lately.
So you were back in to Jay-Z way back when you were 10
laugh.gif

Next are you going to say you were listening to Big Jaz when you were in diapers?
I've been listening to Jay-Z since I was 7 years old. I remember the first time I heard a Jay-Z song and the events surrounding it. Its not that farfetched.
Still cant get over how bad BBC is.

This isn't hyperbole, but does anyone else feel like Pharrell (solo) is an overrated producer?
There was a pretty lengthy discussion about this earlier in the thread. Maybe like 8 pages back or so.

Last edited:
I've been listening to Jay-Z since I was 7 years old. I remember the first time I heard a Jay-Z song and the events surrounding it. Its not that farfetched.

There was a pretty lengthy discussion about this earlier in the thread. Maybe like 8 pages back or so.

I'm gonna go back and look.....the Neptunes sound is close to being unmatched. Solo - meh.

Back
Top Bottom