+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Let us REALLY examine Oceans (Most of this Was done myself with a lil help from Rapgenius because they do go OD on a few lines)]

Great song. And a great post for anyone that did not pick up on any of those references. If this is two years old, I would love to hear what else came out of those sessions.

However, how can he have a song like this and then drop "Tom Ford"??? I'm sorry to those that like this song, but the hook completely ruins the song for me. Sounds like a track written for Beyonce or another female artist. "I don't pop molly......I rock Tom Ford!" Say it with a snap and a twist why don't ya Jay ...

I don't think some of you even know what hip hop culture is to say that somebody isn't advancing the culture
Dudes in here who haven't even cracked 18 trying to speak on Jay, Nas, and whoever else has a place in the annals of hip hop history. 

I mean now it's a surprise that elements that were once so noticeable, and commonplace in the 80's and 90's suddenly becomes a great discovery to some dudes. The aura that Jay is trying to bring back is from an era in which I'm familiar with, not this era, but maybe that is hard for young Internet heads to realize when Jay gets on beats that are more current but he infuses that lingo from the era of real hip hop on the track. 

What ya'll dudes talking about he hasn't done nothing for black people?

Jay is the embodiment of overcoming hardships in America when oppressive conditions run the gamut. You dudes sounding like a bunch of crabs in the bucket knocking Jay but then turn around and praise this clown Yeezy who is a fake revolutionary for profit and ya'll too blind to see that outsiders are trying to sabotage the real aspects of hip hop for experimentation that does not reflect well on the pioneers, and those who really believe in the transformative reach of hip hop culture. 

I do it for my culture to let em know, what a ***** look like...
pimp.gif

@bilbo repped for taking the time to do that, nice post :pimp:

I would def have Encore and prob Izzo in Kanye's top 5 though
Ya'll are acting like Pharrell held a gun to Jay and Nas' head and said "rap over this". 
Obviously he didn't and Jay chose to use the beat. But supposedly Pharrell has the tendency to "force" beats on people :lol:

This is kinda long but a funny read:

http://www.hypnagogics.com/questo/#!/skateboard-p
What is the general consensus/reception towards this song?

I've always really liked Allure but apparently dudes think it's wack? Idk, it's one of my most played Jay songs..
Personally it's one of my least favorite tracks on the ba, but I get why people like it. Jay went off on the track tho. I think someone else could have pulled off that concept better...a ski, a bink, even a kanye.

I actually think that's the best song from TBA by far :lol:

Man that one line in Nickels and Dimes Jay spit in reference to Lady Gaga:

"Try to stop food going into my little monsters mouth will drive me Gaga" or something like that...

....Bruh. I'm sorry. That's not your typical Jay-Z rhyming. That was POOR.

This album sucks.

I had to have missed that bar, but just me reading it and assuming I was in a Wa_n_ or Big Sean thread has me :rofl:

He wasn't even talking about Lady Gaga...

It was a play on goo goo, gaga, the sounds that a baby makes. 

mean.gif

He wasn't even talking about Lady Gaga...

It was a play on goo goo, gaga, the sounds that a baby makes. 

:smh:

He thought he was talking about Lady GaGa....wow :smh:

Dudes can't even understand a simple double entendre, much less triple. Then have the nerve to talk about an album being bad, when they can't even comprehend what's being said.

No wonder rappers dumb down their lyrics.

Y'all not worthy, sometimes I feel like
Y'all don't deserve me

Ya'll can defend this album and get sensitive all you want, bottom line is that Jay is just trying to keep his name out there, letting people know that he still here and nobody can fu*k with him. It's not bad, but it really isn't all that good either.

Last edited:
not particularly, there isn't really a dual meaning there

Little monster = his daughter and what GaGa calls her fans
GaGa = baby sound in reference to his daughter which the line was about and lady gaga...him going crazy regarding his daughter

Last edited:
He thought he was talking about Lady GaGa....wow :smh:

Dudes can't even understand a simple double entendre, much less triple. Then have the nerve to talk about an album being bad, when they can't even comprehend what's being said.

Y'all don't deserve me

You can't be serious :stoneface: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :stoneface:

Lady gaga refers to her fans as "little monster" and Jay was obviously referring to his daughter when he said "taking food out of of my little monsters mouth" I understand the whole thing bruh, don't try to play me. The point being is he made a garbage reference to his daughter in correlation to Lady Gaga. IT WAS HOT TRASH.

Jay-Z's been trash since Kingdom Come. I'm sorry I'm not sheep to his music and just automatically give another human being credit for everything, even if its sub-par. I'm not everyone else. These lames out here feel like Jay can never do no wrong.

And this coming from a person born in Brooklyn NY. So no I'm not being biased here. The album is trash. The production is dope, but that's where the buck stops.

Last edited:
yeah, the play is Lady GaGa refers to her fans as little monsters
double entendre 
there is tho...
i guess, you could assume he's saying it would make me go crazy which is the most logical

and if you want to reach you could say "make me go GaGa" as in weird like Lady Gaga

the second would seems a little silly IMO, but I see some of the breakdowns that wind up out there

people try to assign every some alternate meaning to every line when that isn't always the case

You can't be serious :stoneface: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :stoneface:

Lady gaga refers to her fans as "little monster" and Jay was obviously referring to his daughter when he said "taking food out of of my little monsters mouth" I understand the whole thing bruh, don't try to play me. The point being is he made a garbage reference to his daughter in correlation to Lady Gaga. IT WAS HOT TRASH.

Jay-Z's been trash since Kingdom Come. I'm sorry I'm not sheep to his music and just automatically give another human being credit for everything, even if its sub-par.

And this coming from a person born in Brooklyn NY. So no I'm not being biased her. The album is trash. The production is dope, but that's where the buck stops.

Yeah, I'm sure you knew exactly what he was talking about. :lol:

Funny how out of lazy bars you mentioned that one.

btw, why did you listen to an album by an artist you think is trash?
And all the people who like the album, just have bad taste, right :lol:

Last edited:
GaGa = baby sound in reference to his daughter which the line was about and lady gaga...him going crazy regarding his daughter
i know, it's just a play on words.  it's not a double entendre unless 2 different meanings are conveyed in 1 phrase

Last edited:
Look out now; we have a professional Jay-Z music listener here.

:stoneface: .

You act like you're the only person in the world that catches entendre's in music.

shout out to "versus"...

i play that joint over & over & over...

Funk master flex is killing it too on hot 97..

love that track...

i know, it's just a play on words.  it's not a double entendre unless 2 different meanings are conveyed in 1 phrase

Ummmm, it doesn't have to be an entire phrase

Definition of DOUBLE ENTENDRE
: ambiguity of meaning arising from language that lends itself to more than one interpretation
: a word or expression capable of two interpretations with one usually risqué

a double entendre is always a play on words though.

He thought he was talking about Lady GaGa....wow
mean.gif

Y'all don't deserve me
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom