+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

I think what I'm most upset with by this album is that jay had the chance to do something truly great and inspirational and he decided to put out a safe album. It's not bad, but it's not great, and just leaves me with the question of why are you still rapping? Hov has nothing left to prove, and nothing less to say unless he takes a turn into some radical rap like dead prez, which is what I hoped was going to happen.

Hov could have done some bob marley impact the world **** over some trap beats. He had nothing to worry about. Didn't have to worry about sales, didn't have to worry about pushing a single, didn't have to worry about marketing. Could have done something amazing, but he decided to drop a safe album.
Because he got paid $5 million to do it.

Jay is a great rapper, but it's obvious he doesn't have that much interest in advancing the culture. Which is fine, but please let's not confuse Mr. Carter with trueblooded artists like dead prez or Bob Marley :lol:

What I'm saying is that he has the ability to do so. Hov has the ability to be a dead prez if he wants to. He already received that bread though, there was absolutely no reason why he couldn't put out what he wanted to do. I guess it's like he said on moment of clarity, "I wanna rhyme like common sense/ but, i did 5 mil and ain't bee rapping like common since"
You said it right there.

Jay's made a lot of money, which is great for him and all. But imo he presently cares more about the business/commercialization side of rap than advancing the artform. Because of that, as a fan of music I hold him in different regard from other artists who are considered great.

There use to be only one publication you could trust for reviews...and that was The Source.

Well up until they gave Lil Kim 5 mics...>D

Then they had the issue where they went back and changed up mic ratings...:smh:

yeah and when Benzino gives HIMSELF 5 mics I don't need to read anything that publication has to say anymore.

The beat on Picasso Baby reminds me of something, I don't know what though.

And BBC reminds me of that "In The Wind" song from Trick Daddy, Cee-Lo, and Big Boi from back in the day.
Bbc reminds me so much of robin thickes new song blurred lines, which is also produced by pharrell. Son straight copy and pasted the same beat basically.
All of Pharrells beats without Chad are rehashed melodies and drums..

P is that dude, but you can tell how much genius Chad really puts into the music
whenever I tell people I hate A MAJORITY of Pharrell's beats they tell me I'm crazy because they know I like NEPTUNES beats.
not realizing they're way different.
true true

yeah and when Benzino gives HIMSELF 5 mics I don't need to read anything that publication has to say anymore.
roll.gif

He ran that **** to the ground...him and Dave,

@bilbo repped for taking the time to do that, nice post
pimp.gif

I would def have Encore and prob Izzo in Kanye's top 5 though
Ya'll are acting like Pharrell held a gun to Jay and Nas' head and said "rap over this". 
Obviously he didn't and Jay chose to use the beat. But supposedly Pharrell has the tendency to "force" beats on people
laugh.gif

This is kinda long but a funny read:

http://www.hypnagogics.com/questo/#!/skateboard-p
Pharrell definitely sold Allure

Last edited:
Just as I said a couple pages back, P has that "sound" that ain't hard to point out.

Even ?uestlove admitted to it.

now i ALREADY got locked what i hear in my head.

rell got a few "trademark beats"

1. his clavinet funk of the nore/
superthug/first kelis variety from when he first came out.

2. his "boogie" funk in which the music makes you wanna go the busstop on some family reunion type **** like the music to ODB's "got your money" or justin's "rock your body"

and then there is my favorite rell grove:

3. its where the bongo's from james brown's "blow your head" pattern comes in.
it when the drums are rimshot funk.
its heavy on the ONE like a dropping a grand piano coming from the sky

Its a dope sound, but it ain't hard to tell when Chad isn't in the room most of the time. P cooked up some fire though... P is more creative than all of these "trap" beat makers in this generation combined.

Jay is a great rapper, but it's obvious he doesn't have that much interest in advancing the culture. Which is fine, but please let's not confuse Mr. Carter with trueblooded artists like dead prez or Bob Marley :lol:

He hasn't advanced the culture :rofl:

All the deals he's made outside of rap, muchless doing stuff like having a concert on Showtime or this Samsung deal.

He introduced an entire region to Cash Money and UGK.

Exactly what have dead prez done to advance the culture? True blood artist :lol: Man don't ever mention dead prez with Bob Marley again. Would dead prez be considered good rappers if they didn't have their niche?

And how can they be true blood artist when they did a song with the person who you claim isn't.

Man **** here with that BS... Juvenile was popping with HA and that's what put Cashmoney on the map... that's why Jay jumped on the remix because it was hot you know damn well he wasn't going to do it unless it benefited himself whether it be in his pockets or his star power. The same thing happened with Cam and Oh Boy Jay didn't want to work with them then as soon as that single started taking off he wanted to jump on it because it was hot at the moment and it could benfit his career or keep him in the limelight. UGK yeah not going to lie I didn't know of them before Big Pimping.

I remeber when HA first dropped and I hated that south ****, but it sat at the number one spot on Rap City for so long that eventually it grew on me. Only video that I think sat that long on number one was the Xzibit song where it's shot in one still I forgot the name of the song.

You dudes on here man... if this dude Jay put scriptures of bible pages in the CD booklet you gonna try to say he helped write the bible.

Okay to stay on topic of the thread I like the album the more I hear it... I don't know what the all the hate for BBC is that **** is a banger and I like it. Also, I don't know why BP3 is getting so much flack I thought it was decent... Kingdom Come though... Antidope that's all you.

Also, I really really like Yeezus... I could give a **** what the majority of people say.

That is all!

Based on that Jay/Pharrell list, they do not need to work together :lol: Straight bricks as far as pure sound (not charts)

@bilbo repped for taking the time to do that, nice post :pimp:

Ya'll are acting like Pharrell held a gun to Jay and Nas' head and said "rap over this". 
Obviously he didn't and Jay chose to use the beat. But supposedly Pharrell has the tendency to "force" beats on people :lol:

What is the general consensus/reception towards this song?

I've always really liked Allure but apparently dudes think it's wack? Idk, it's one of my most played Jay songs..

Just to add to the Neptunes vs. Pharrell discussion, remember for a few years starting from right after The Clones dropped (before The Black Album) going until around 2006-7 where the majority of "The Neptunes" credited stuff was being produced by Pharrell alone.

So a lot of those beats in the 2000s (with the boogie and cow bell) were pharrell by himself.

These two included:

Not to thread jack but I JUST learned the Clipse are working on a 4th album 
nthat.gif

@bilbo repped for taking the time to do that, nice post
pimp.gif

Obviously he didn't and Jay chose to use the beat. But supposedly Pharrell has the tendency to "force" beats on people
laugh.gif

What is the general consensus/reception towards this song?

I've always really liked Allure but apparently dudes think it's wack? Idk, it's one of my most played Jay songs..
Personally it's one of my least favorite tracks on the ba, but I get why people like it. Jay went off on the track tho. I think someone else could have pulled off that concept better...a ski, a bink, even a kanye.

Something new happen that we dont know about?

http://www.vibe.com/article/vibe-interview-clipse-digital-cover-story-my-brothers-keeper

I’ve also heard that you guys still owe Columbia another album as a group.
No Malice: We don’t owe anybody anything.
Pusha T: Nothing.

So at this point, is there definitely going to be another Clipse album?
No Malice: We’re going to continue to talk amongst ourselves and work on putting something together. Whatever we decide, we’ll let the fans know when we’re ready. At this time, it’s still between us.

There was an alleged album title thrown out there last year, As God Is My Witness. Was that from you guys?
No Malice: Like I always say, there’s nothing that I want more than to put an album together with my brother. Pusha has been doing the solo thing for a few years so I’m wondering why all the Clipse questions are coming now. We’ve always supported each other in everything that we’ve done. Right now, we’re doing two different things.

Malice is working on a solo album right now.. Hes trying to do that praise God stuff..

Man **** here with that BS... Juvenile was popping with HA and that's what put Cashmoney on the map... that's why Jay jumped on the remix because it was hot you know damn well he wasn't going to do it unless it benefited himself whether it be in his pockets or his star power. The same thing happened with Cam and Oh Boy Jay didn't want to work with them then as soon as that single started taking off he wanted to jump on it because it was hot at the moment and it could benfit his career or keep him in the limelight. UGK yeah not going to lie I didn't know of them before Big Pimping.

I remeber when HA first dropped and I hated that south ****, but it sat at the number one spot on Rap City for so long that eventually it grew on me. Only video that I think sat that long on number one was the Xzibit song where it's shot in one still I forgot the name of the song.

You dudes on here man... if this dude Jay put scriptures of bible pages in the CD booklet you gonna try to say he helped write the bible.

Okay to stay on topic of the thread I like the album the more I hear it... I don't know what the all the hate for BBC is that **** is a banger and I like it. Also, I don't know why BP3 is getting so much flack I thought it was decent... Kingdom Come though... Antidope that's all you.

Also, I really really like Yeezus... I could give a **** what the majority of people say.

That is all!

Read what I wrote again, maybe the next time you can understand it.

Jay-Z just sold 5 million records, he didn't need to appear on the song. :lol:

And normally rappers jump on a hot song or beat. That's what you do in rap music. And remixes were popular in the 90's.

I swear you dudes hate so much it doesn't make sense. They're supposed to work with unpopular artist and appear on songs nobody likes? It's funny how dudes will repeat the same arguments and disses about him, not even adding any thought if they make sense.

Just to add to the Neptunes vs. Pharrell discussion, remember for a few years starting from right after The Clones dropped (before The Black Album) going until around 2006-7 where the majority of "The Neptunes" credited stuff was being produced by Pharrell alone.

So a lot of those beats in the 2000s (with the boogie and cow bell) were pharrell by himself.

These two included:

Not to thread jack but I JUST learned the Clipse are working on a 4th album 
nthat.gif

Word. You can really hear it.

But when they work together, they create an entire atmosphere of sound

:x :smokin

\\//_

He hasn't advanced the culture :rofl:

All the deals he's made outside of rap, muchless doing stuff like having a concert on Showtime or this Samsung deal.

He introduced an entire region to Cash Money and UGK.

Exactly what have dead prez done to advance the culture? True blood artist :lol: Man don't ever mention dead prez with Bob Marley again. Would dead prez be considered good rappers if they didn't have their niche?

And how can they be true blood artist when they did a song with the person who you claim isn't.

That is all!
im saying though i didnt even know jay spit on HA till after i got the album and to top it off i NEVER even play his verse cause it SUCKS

Back
Top Bottom