+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

So once we download, we can only listen to it through the app? I dont think it downloads onto the phone's hard disk..booo

it downloads to Sdcard/music once there you can just move it to anywhere. listen to it on the phone music player with all your other songs.
enjoy

I don't know why people think Samsung users are the ones with the album. I guarantee most are iPhones users knowledgeable of leak links. Samsung apps failed last night like ndc on a Yeezy release.

Me personally, I could care less about the cover art, as long as the music is good. I know some cats are into to all that, I'm not disrespecting anyone's pov, but to me it's no different then meeting a chick you wanna smash, then you smash, then complain about her pants, when all that matters was getting the pants off.

Top 3 Jay album (production wise), this is pretty much every sound we want Jay to rock on.

Jay trolling w/ the 55 sec joints. Beach is Better had sooooooooooooo much potential
mean.gif

Does anybody else find it funny that when the lyrics were unlocking everyone was hating, damn near Boooing it. But once the album dropped, everyone starts quoting him?!.

:SN: Why are y'all DL'n the app when the album is on all the blogs, Twitter, Interwebz now
nerd.gif
Thats part of the reason why I didnt read any of the lyrics. Jay is going to make it sound> How I'm going to make it sound.
Am I the only one that thinks this album is all over the place? My man has no direction anymore. His last few albums, each song starts sounding the same quick. Each verse is about money, being on CNN, paintings or Blue. You can call me a hater but it's true.

As for the album, it's straight. Production is better than the lyrics IMO. Timbaland had me mad hyped for Picasso Baby and that **** put me to sleep. I deleted Rick Ross with the quickness, song is tough though. Tom Ford was cool. Oceans sounds like some boring **** from WTT. Crown hit and I was like
sick.gif
Son is talking about Miley Cyrus twerking is stupid. For some reason I'm diggin the song with Beyonce, just laid back music. Deleted Versus, waste of time. Beach is Better
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Jay should do an All Star Remix for that one. Not that there's a lot of All Stars in rap anymore. BBC is awful, sounds like a Blueprint 2 leftover. Towards the end of the album, I had lost interest. I'll play it again later.
You havent had anything positive to say about Jay for the longest time so I'm not surprised. You're a cool dude though

Me personally, I could care less about the cover art, as long as the music is good. I know some cats are into to all that, I'm not disrespecting anyone's pov, but to me it's no different then meeting a chick you wanna smash, then you smash, then complain about her pants, when all that matters was getting the pants off.

Ehhh, C- for effort

best track on here is Holy Grail, that track is godly. Picasso Baby is a close 2nd for me love that gritty Brooklyn sound but too bad he's bragging about his prized possesions :lol: there are a handful of good tracks on here, BBC reminds me of a new Big Pimpin :lol:

lol ain't no one got time for that, guess I'll just download off youtube
LOL

step yo game up

incredible production. salute timbo

love this album. tom ford is my joint

beach is better should've been a full song. mike will on fire

Last edited:
Top 3 Hov tapes ever.. And frank O killed ocean :pimp: :pimp:, the hook gawd

And that was a joke clown I been found it

Last edited:
It's almost like Jay felt like ye didn't deserve to be on this project :lol: no silly punchlines or wacky metaphors allowed.

Thank goodness too.

One of the best albums I've heard in YEARS!!!. The lack of features really is putting this over the top with me. These beats though
sick.gif

This is the reason why I own these expensive headphones
I feel exactly like this. This is really not only one of Jays best albums in years, but one of the better hip hop albums in years. Its not THE best album in years, but its one of the better ones we've gotten imo.

guess ill be that guy...
Only on track 4 but so far...eh...

I'd rather listen to blueprint, the black album, vol 2, etc.
not starting off better than yeezus IMO.

Productions is overhyped and just ok. Bars are eh. Not seeing what the fuss is about but only four tracks in.

The Ross feature is wack. Hopefully the rest of the album is mindblowing.

You shouldn't have to feel like that guy,

IMO everyone has a different ear, depends what your listening for in this/any album

Word. If you're not feeling it then you're not feeling it. Everyone is different

We praise Kanye and Pharrell and all their clones for making it ok to be a black nerd. We ought to praise Jay z for making it ok to be a black, American (notice the comma). Jay z spends most of his lyric capital on telling the world that he is a n from the block and every experience that he had made him and he wouldn't trade them for any world.

Be proud to be black, be proud to be from the hood (not in the hood forever). When we make it we don't have to hide the fact that we did whatever it took to get to the top, we snatched that American dream from the clutches of a society that never accepted us, we are making history everyday, we are shaping the future and our culture as much as Cab Calloway and random ****** from the 30's were. Be proud of you, be proud of black, all of it.

Blackness didn't die when the Fist held crack rocks to reach the mountain. Kennedy became President because his irish father knew liquor, that was in his blood, hustle, whatever it took, whatever was around; his family was going to come out of the darkness. Vito Corleone wished for Micheal to be the Governor, in order to get there a few laws would have to be broken, a few risks would have to be taken. We are taking our risks in the hopes our family can have a better life, so we can have a better life.

You lock us out of jobs, keep us poor and uneducated and turn the more successful of us away from each other . What else are we suppose to do? How else can a tree grow in Brooklyn? The  concrete must be broken, the structure of society doesn't agree with the seed, the weight of the world rests on even the smallest of seedlings. Either that tree prays that the world will crack and allow him access to the light, or he can fight through the pavement and take what was granted to him by God, but obstructed by man.

Jay z says 'I am the tree that grew in Brooklyn and through the weight of history I will grow to be a mighty oak, and I will never forget what it was like on the cold hard grown with the pressure of history on my shoulders."

Jay has allowed us to wear a Yankee fitted next to the Mayor of the worlds most important city. Some would say when you make it, throw away your street clothes, Jay allows us to don them with every bit of pride an Irish- American wears his kilt, a German- American drinks his beer, a Mexican American wears his Sombraro. My culture wears Du Rags and white tees, and I'll make you love it.

Brah.... Motivational...

i_hug_that_feel.png

:lol:

Last edited:
even though i was able to download the album on the app..downloading it online and transferring it to my phone was less painful. its on my spotify now and ill be jamming it in the whip 
smokin.gif

Amid the public firestorm over NSA leaks revealing severe privacy invasion, consumers are wondering just how much of their lives are being monitored. Facebook, Google, and certain phone apps are programmed to compile information about you for government monitoring.

With the release of Jay-Z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail" as a Samsung Galaxy app, the question remains, how much information will that app have access to?

Atlanta rapper Killer Mike took a look at the "app permissions" and decided that he won't be one of the 1 million fans to grab Hov's new project early. Mike tweeted a photo of the "app permissions," which if accepted, gives access to your storage, your location, your network, your phone calls, and more.

Phone apps customarily ask for "location services" and "network communications" allows the app to run correctly. But, for what purpose does an app need to know about your phone call history?

So far, Samsung has made no comment on the issue. Check out Killer Mike's tweet above.

Source: allhiphop.com

Back
Top Bottom