+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Lol app permissions are common on android....word up them federals got my phone and my house tapped praying that I fall for mousetrap I doubt that

1. His nickname.
2. The imagery he uses at times.
3. In 'Heaven' he seems to be saying question religion and then making reference to 5 Percenter beliefs. You know how they feel about God and Jesus.
4. Some lines taken can be offensively. If someone skeptically questions the existence of the Holocaust or slavery because they did not witness it, is that not offensive?

I do have some questions: I didn't read the lyrics to 'Oceans', but did he make reference to wearing a Jesus piece? Why wear a Jesus piece if you're athiest/5 percenter/not interested in religion in that way? Also, why make reference to Beyonce going to Heaven if you don't believe in it?

Disrespectful to me is Prodigy saying he's going to snuff Jesus at the pearly gates

- i don't consider making a human mind think or get a different viewpoint on religion disrespectful, I've always wondered why any religion gets defensive if you question a part of it

In my childhood church, it is frowned upon for women to wear pants/jeans, you can't be holy or filled with the spirit - I find that ludicrous, so am i being disrespectful?

The was a video I saw from an interview where Jay said he believes in a higher power, and basically says how can we say one religion is right over another, and that he believes in a higher power, but doesn't know what it is.

I love that Mobb Deep song but I wince everytime I hear that verse, even though it's edited on the album

I'm not religious at all (I'd rather classify myself as spiritual) and find most people who are sort of looney so I'm bewildered at alot of these comments 
laugh.gif

Disrespectful to me is Prodigy saying he's going to snuff Jesus at the pearly gates

- i don't consider making a human mind think or get a different viewpoint on religion disrespectful, I've always wondered why any religion gets defensive if you question a part of it

In my childhood church, it is frowned upon for women to wear pants/jeans, you can't be holy or filled with the spirit - I find that ludicrous, so am i being disrespectful?

Yes, Prodigy was definitely being disrespectful. Jay is not on that level at all. However, he is saying to question religion. He might mean to learn more and understand further whatever you believe in. However, he has so many listeners that some will take it as he's directing them to not trust their religion. I'm thinking the latter, because he's rhetorically putting some listeners in a defensive mindset potentially. "Have you ever been to Heaven? Have you ever seen Heaven? How do you know Heaven exists? How can God send you to Hell if he gave you free will?". Tie this stuff in with the "illuminati" and some of his imagery, and I can definitely see how people are taking him to being disrespectful at times. It's not just a one time thing.

Also, I don't even think the pants/jeans thing is in the bible, but I've heard that before in churches. Who is the say that Christians can't be holy or filled with the spirit because of their clothing? God didn't say that; that's the congregation's view ...

Admittedly I was too young to be aware of the public's reception but what was said when Big L dropped "Devil's Son"?

That's about as blasphemous a rap record as I've ever heard and I don't really see people change their view of him as an artist because of it.

man i remember when cats was looking for jay to rock the new iceberg, now cats are gearing up for the biblical meanings in his lyrics, he getting older but he still the same jay to me >D

Back
Top Bottom