+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Rick Rubin's recent comments tell me everything I need to know about this.

Significantly less excited for this than I was 2 weeks ago.

laugh.gif
I remember when I was younger I stopped listening to Jay-Z for a while, because our youth pastor showed us some documentary on how he and other rappers supposedly worshipped the devil. In one of his songs Lupe talks about doing that too.

I think Jay and Kanye were raised with a religious context like most black people, and them talking about it isn't meant to be disrespectful but rather their own personal way of trying to figure out and explore their own beliefs. Basically I don't think they're trying to mislead people or piss people off, I think they're just doing it for themselves. People's 'religious/spiritual' identities are constantly being challenged and transformed, it's just that these guys happen to be in the public eye so it's expressed in the things they do. That's how I see it anyways
You realize that if Jay-Z is actually in the Illuminati, he would be a low (and I mean LOW) level pawn? Heck, that "current black president" in the White House that people think is so powerful, is clearly a pawn himself.

There are people to whom Jay-Z and Obama hanging out is like two little black kids playing in a sandbox.

Let's be real, if this whole Illuminati thing is true, then we all know that it's about money/power first and foremost. And if we're talking money, a hip hop artist is nowhere to be seen. The family of that Indian kid ItsLavish who's trolling people on IG could probably buy Jay-Z and Beyonce combined.. and he's a nobody in the grandscheme
I dont give a damn about the illuminati...I only see power networking at the end of the day. The public hasnt even heard a song yet, only images. Im seeing the idea that because Samsung believes in Hova, then you have to too. Sold? lolIt is what it is.

Why? Because it's a pure Hip-Hop album?
This is the most commercial album in hip hop history and noone else will even have to hear it...What is a pure hip hop album in 2013 anyway? I know, an album that goes double wood.Havoc 13 ( my ****)

I dont give a damn about the illuminati...I only see power networking at the end of the day. The public hasnt even heard a song yet, only images. Im seeing the idea that because Samsung believes in Hova, then you have to too. Sold? lol It is what it is.
Agreed.. this whole thing kinda has a wack undertone to me personally.

No one can really be surprised though. Jay has always made it known that he's about selling his brand first and foremost.

So the illuminati wouldnt let a black man in, you think. It was once believed that the government wouldnt allow a black president. Now you see a rumored ex drug dealer named Hov strutting the halls of the white house with our current black president. What is outside of the realm of possibility here? Fact of the matter is, Jay is on another level as far as networking...and is HUGE business. Its deeper than rap.

So families that have been running things behind the scenes for centuries decide to let him in because they liked The Black Album :lol:

Rick Rubin also implied that he loves Yeezus which damn near everyone hates so how much can you really trust him right now?

:lol: Illuminati talk, you cannot be serious.

Last edited:
So families that have been running things behind the scenes for centuries decide to let him in because they liked The Black Album
laugh.gif
Jay Z needs to care about his affiliations not me. I only care about hip hop music, and I havent heard any music from Jay since the song 100 dollar bill.

Why? Because it's a pure Hip-Hop album?
Rick could've at least said it sounded good.

Traditional hip-hop album? *** kinda quote is that?
Not that his opinion matters to me.. but he did say, "I liked what I heard".

And I don't see how calling it a traditional hip-hop album is a bad thing.

I liked Yeezus, but I don't want to hear that sound from Jay. AT ALL!

Rick Rubin didn't add anything to MCHG so of course he's not gonna be all excited and speak highly about it, especially since it's competing with yeezus

^ exactly.

that excerpt up there is nothing more than good talk until an explanation is given for him repeatedly throwing the diamond up and putting his left eye in it.

what was up with the "do what thou wilt" hoody that is clearly connected?

what was up with the heavy symbolism that was in the run this town and on to the next one vids?

there were countless other examples that im not goin into but you get it...

by no stretch of the imagination am i the uber religious-illuminati conspiracy obsessed guy but im gonna call a spade a spade. the connections were made and they stand on SOLID ground. until i see/hear/read something that dispells these connections that stands on grounds that are just as solid, far as im concerened, somethins goin on. all ima say...

idk if those are jays words up there or not, but if they are, i kinda take it as an insult to my/our intelligence...
It's called trolling for attention.  He's said as much on multiple songs.

He started all of that stuff after you illuminati conspiracy theorists started drawing false connections.

So he started giving people stuff to talk about and pretending he didn't know what you meant.  People just keep feeding into it, so he keeps dishing it out.

jay-z-laugh.jpg

Rick Rubin also implied that he loves Yeezus which damn near everyone hates so how much can you really trust him right now?

laugh.gif
Illuminati talk, you cannot be serious.
The thing is everyone in media outside of the message boards loves Yeezus... Rick was simply saying Jay plays it safe where as Kanye didn't.  That can be either a good thing or a bad thing...  Same old Jay could be cool and what some people need.  Or it could be an album full of rushed filler tracks.

I don't think Jay could make a hot garbage album if he tried and if Open Letter is any sign, he'll do his thing lyrically.

That said $100 Bill is kinda meh.  And it could be an album full of that if he's still in his Great Gatsby frame of mind.  At least Ye and Just Blaze have production on the album.

@ 1:40 Jay looks over at the Producer(whom we only catch a small glimpse of when he stands up) and says:

"Hey Ye, wanna tweak that, that uh, bang bang bang"

Last edited:
Not that his opinion matters to me.. but he did say, "I liked what I heard".

And I don't see how calling it a traditional hip-hop album is a bad thing.

I liked Yeezus, but I don't want to hear that sound from Jay. AT ALL!
It's not a bad thing per se, but it definitely doesn't get me excited.

I also do not want a Yeezus-type album from Jay-Z and Yeezus is my fav album this year - see the Kanye thread. However, I do want something different, forward-thinking from Jay, as his recent solo albums have been traditional hip-hop albums that are mediocre at best.

I want something from Jay that makes someone like Rick Rubin, who's heard it all, get excited.

Not even sure why Rick Rubin was in the video if he's not working on the album. I'm not sure what's going on between Jay and 'Ye but its getting lame.

Not even sure why Rick Rubin was in the video if he's not working on the album. I'm not sure what's going on between Jay and 'Ye but its getting lame.
roll.gif

flyboi I'm with you...this ***** prb was like ok you got Rick Rubin to help, well let me show you I know Rick too.

grin.gif

:lol: I remember when I was younger I stopped listening to Jay-Z for a while, because our youth pastor showed us some documentary on how he and other rappers supposedly worshipped the devil. In one of his songs Lupe talks about doing that too.

I think Jay and Kanye were raised with a religious context like most black people, and them talking about it isn't meant to be disrespectful but rather their own personal way of trying to figure out and explore their own beliefs. Basically I don't think they're trying to mislead people or piss people off, I think they're just doing it for themselves. People's 'religious/spiritual' identities are constantly being challenged and transformed, it's just that these guys happen to be in the public eye so it's expressed in the things they do. That's how I see it anyways
You realize that if Jay-Z is actually in the Illuminati, he would be a low (and I mean LOW) level pawn? Heck, that "current black president" in the White House that people think is so powerful, is clearly a pawn himself.

There are people to whom Jay-Z and Obama hanging out is like two little black kids playing in a sandbox.

Let's be real, if this whole Illuminati thing is true, then we all know that it's about money/power first and foremost. And if we're talking money, a hip hop artist is nowhere to be seen. The family of that Indian kid ItsLavish who's trolling people on IG could probably buy Jay-Z and Beyonce combined.. and he's a nobody in the grandscheme

this has nothing to do with illuminati but having a inflence over one of the biggest cultural movements in the world.... especially one that is geared towards the youth of the world is something taht is in any means small... compared to anyone

I never accused Jay-Z of being illuminati :lol: I don't even believe in that.

All I'm saying is that he blatantly disrespects religion, which isn't cool. If you're an athiest, that's fine but don't go out of your way to disrespect those who believe in religion.

Back
Top Bottom