+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

enh , aint no time limit on disrespect . if thats how jay felt thats how jay felt . it aint like wayne aint have it commin , he love attention from jay anyway 

:lol: nah this is the very same thing we call lame when other rappers do it...its still lame.

laugh.gif
nah this is the very same thing we call lame when other rappers do it...its still lame.
laugh.gif

I actually enjoy this little back and forth with Jay and Wayne.
I take it as friendly competition since neither one really pushes it to gain exposure.

And I'm confused about this 3 day early release thing... Is it coming out for Samsung Users July 1st and then the physical copies July 4, or App July 4th and physical copies July 7?

This S!!! is not difficult to understand.

if you got a samsung galaxy 3, 4, or the notes, you can download the app and receive the album (via your phone on the 4th.)
OR

YOu can purchase a physical copy on july 7th.

And I'm confused about this 3 day early release thing... Is it coming out for Samsung Users July 1st and then the physical copies July 4, or App July 4th and physical copies July 7?

if you got a samsung galaxy 3, 4, or the notes, you can download the app and receive the album (via your phone on the 4th.)
OR

Son all you had to do was give him a simple answer

OR

Yeah dawg wasted time typing the first sentence when u could of just typed the answer to the question, but thanks.

OR

Man I feel you. I have been thinking the same thing. The question has been constantly asked in this thread since the commercial dropped and it has been explained at least 10 times (probably more). The information is a quick Google search away and I too don't get what is so difficult to understand about the process of getting the album.

my apologies for being rude or what not, but the question has been asked over an over, an answered more than enough times.

I still find it weird that the phycial copy is coming out on July 7th, which is a Sunday.

I still find it weird that the phycial copy is coming out on July 7th, which is a Sunday.
That is weird but at least I can get it in the morning rather than having to wait until I get off work. I want to see what the album cover looks like.

View media item 476167LATEST NEWS
JAY-Z REVEALS 'MAGNA CARTA HOLY GRAIL' ALBUM ART, UNCOVERS LYRICS TO "TOM FORD" & "BEACH IS BETTER"
By C. Vernon Coleman
July 1, 2013 | 10:50am EDT

As we creep closer and closer to the July 4 release date of Jay-Z's 12th studio album, MAGNA CARTA HOLY GRAIL, Hov continues to forge new rules with his abnormal marketing plan of releasing album material by the day. With less than three days left until the album's release, Hov has already divulged the word play to tracks, "LA FAMILIA," "VERSUS," the posse cut "BBC,**" "OCEANS," and "HOLY GRAIL." Today J**** offers up the album's cover (above) and content to two more tracks, "Tom Ford" and "Beach Is Better." These tracks appear on the album at four, and five, respectively.

**This content is not available on the mobile site. Visit http://www.xxlmag.com on your computer to check it out.

PREVIOUS POST NEXT POST
POST COMMENT

XXL MOBILE MAIN
LATEST NEWS
BANGERS
THE BREAK
LIFESTYLE
EYE CANDY
REVIEWS
THE MAG
MY PROFILE
STATUS FEED
[emoji]169[/emoji] 2013 XXL
PRIVACY POLICY

Last edited:
Eh. Honestly I didn't even like Yeezus but the blank cover was more aesthetically appealing than this ugly 2nd grade art project of a cover.

There is simplicity.
And then there is laziness.
This cover is the latter. Nothing "#newrules" about it. Just trying too hard to be simple.

For me cover art is always a toss up. If I dig it its great and if I don't it is what it is. This cover art is ok......I am fine with the simplistic look. However,
I pretty much can care less about cover art what matters is the quality of the music.

I am also not a fan of the cover. Its not a dealbreaker but I like it when album covers are about something. KanYe West is the worst offender of this though. Fake artistry to the max with every cover post Graduation.

I have an art degree. No I'm not bragging, trust me, it's not getting me any jobs...

But one thing I learned during my art major tenure was the ability of anyone to bs any work and call it "art." People did the most ridiculous things last minute then would bs some "artistic" deep story to go along with it when presenting. Sometimes the teachers would call out the bs, and sometimes they would fall for it. How do I know it was bs? Cuz I would do it too sometimes.

You could literally create any story you want for a lazy effort of a project... Talk about squiggly lines representing a roller coaster ride of a life... Talk about your apple juice stains on your painting being on purpose, saying it represents imperfections... You could really take a shot and see if it works.

And I feel like artists like Ye and Jay do the same ****. They put out simple lazy art and just have the sheep goin crazy over it.

"Omgz so creative! So minimalist! Genius"...

FOH. People just can't be creative as much as you think they can. Good ideas come and go.
Sometimes when you don't have **** you can put out a cover like this MCHG one and say its purposely simple. It's a cop out. But it's art.

It's been done for years and it'll keep happening.

Just how the world is these days.
Come up with a story and you can get a pass for anything.

***** not nearly as deep as Jay will pretend it will be.

With that said, I'm still looking forward to the album. But I'm dissapointed that he took the lazy artwork approach to go alone with his "newrules" theme. I thought more highly of Jay's standards.

I have an art degree. No I'm not bragging, trust me, it's not getting me any jobs...

But one thing I learned during my art major tenure was the ability of anyone to bs any work and call it "art." People did the most ridiculous things last minute then would bs some "artistic" deep story to go along with it when presenting. Sometimes the teachers would call out the bs, and sometimes they would fall for it. How do I know it was bs? Cuz I would do it too sometimes.

You could literally create any story you want for a lazy effort of a project... Talk about squiggly lines representing a roller coaster ride of a life... Talk about your apple juice stains on your painting being on purpose, saying it represents imperfections... You could really take a shot and see if it works.

And I feel like artists like Ye and Jay do the same ****. They put out simple lazy art and just have the sheep goin crazy over it.

"Omgz so creative! So minimalist! Genius"...

FOH. People just can't be creative as much as you think they can. Good ideas come and go.
Sometimes when you don't have **** you can put out a cover like this MCHG one and say its purposely simple. It's a cop out. But it's art.

It's been done for years and it'll keep happening.

Just how the world is these days.
Come up with a story and you can get a pass for anything.

***** not nearly as deep as Jay will pretend it will be.

With that said, I'm still looking forward to the album. But I'm dissapointed that he took the lazy artwork approach to go alone with his "newrules" theme. I thought more highly of Jay's standards.

I feel what you are saying and generally when looking at works of art I get annoyed by the exact same thing. I totally get your passion and reasoning especially being an art major. I just never really look at cover art the same way for some reason....maybe I should.

At the end of the day I guess I will trade wack cover art for an album full of great music as opposed to the opposite. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom