+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

On the Run is not a bad song at all.
Every song Jay-Z and Beyonce have done together in like the last 8 years is a bad song.

On the Run sounds like some **** that would be on a Kenny G album.  I'm not even joking.  The **** sounds like some 90s soft RnB/jazz ****.  Jay-Z had no business being anywhere near that record.

If it was in the middle of Beyonce's album, fine, but there's no reason it should be on MCHG.  What does it add? 

His whole Bonnie and Clyde schtick with her is tired.  We get it, you're married to her, cool.  Doesn't mean she has to crawl in the booth every time you're recording.  I didn't mind her meaningless ish on BBC so much, but On the Run shouldn't be on a Jay-Z album.
Love this line...

Feelin' like a stranger in my own land...got me feelin' like Brody in Homeland.

Basic rhyme, but it works on a number of levels.
And come on JJs.  That ****'s just lazy
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Sucks. 

What happened in the studio with those dudes I'm still trying to figure out...seen the pic posted and I should have known from the looks of it that the scene was too sweet. 

I thought I accidently skipped to BBC b/c I wasn't anticipating Beach is Better being :53. :lol: Went back and looked, and nope....I didn't skip anything.

To me, Pharrell is at his best when he's working with Chad Hugo. BBC is the "I Know What Girls Like" on MCHG :lol:

I like how HOV puts the critic from Allhiphop.com in the same space as the critic from the New York Times...
That's the era we live in, and when you're talking about something like rap music, the critic from AHH carries more weight than the critic from the Times.
Rap music is "This thing of ours," and these opinions from people on the outside should be taken with a grain of salt.
You can't review an album in 24 hours, you need to listen to it for a few weeks, then talk about it.

50 got asked about the Jay's marketing strategy and what he thinks:

http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/9344...ay-zs-magna-carta-samsung-album-release.jhtml

:lol: I don't think that guy has ever answered a question directly in his life.. if you watch all of his interviews he just has this demeanor of "I'm too rich to answer your questions, I'll talk about whatever I want"

50 Cent looks up to Jay-Z, he just doesn't want to admit it. Jay barely acknowledges this man. Fif is just beggin for attention, let him continue beating up his baby mamas and cursing at his son. :lol:

Antidope....where's the Best of Both World albums???? :lol:

Interview on The Breakfast Club was dope, definitely a good watch.

Good looks, hes making some great points in this. For example how the games flooded by people who arent true rappers and how Puff isnt a rapper but is crazy successful. The point about the album reviews and how they've lost meaning is also a great point, and how people are quick to judge an album within 24 hours, which we're guilty of somewhat. The Young Chris comment lol.............
Antidope....where's the Best of Both World albums????
laugh.gif

Interview on The Breakfast Club was dope, definitely a good watch.
Someone actually "borrowed" those along with my Fade to Black DVD. I need to replace all three at some point, just havent gotten around to doing it.

Last edited:
Every song Jay-Z and Beyonce have done together in like the last 8 years is a bad song.

On the Run sounds like some **** that would be on a Kenny G album.  I'm not even joking.   The **** sounds like some 90s soft RnB/jazz ****.  Jay-Z had no business being anywhere near that record.

If it was in the middle of Beyonce's album, fine, but there's no reason it should be on MCHG.  What does it add? 

His whole Bonnie and Clyde schtick with her is tired.  We get it, you're married to her, cool.  Doesn't mean she has to crawl in the booth every time you're recording.  I didn't mind her meaningless ish on BBC so much, but On the Run shouldn't be on a Jay-Z album.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

yes you are

Good looks, hes making some great points in this. For example how the games flooded by people who arent true rappers and how Puff isnt a rapper but is crazy successful. The point about the album reviews and how they've lost meaning is also a great point, and how people are quick to judge an album within 24 hours, which we're guilty of somewhat. The Young Chris comment lol.............Someone actually "borrowed" those along with my Fade to Black DVD. I need to replace all three at some point, just havent gotten around to doing it.
You know you don't need that best of both worlds

On the Run sounds like some **** that would be on a Kenny G album.  I'm not even joking.   The **** sounds like some 90s soft RnB/jazz ****.  Jay-Z had no business being anywhere near that record.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

yes you are

Nah chill Angie has had EVERY classic Jay interview at this point tho they are real friends tho so she ask more personal questions than the breakfast club would.

Back
Top Bottom