+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

I like the joint though..cant hate been on the run...middle finger to them laws gripping my balls..

Alright so I copped it today, and have to say, a nice pleasant surprise, thankfully. I'd give it a 7.5/10. I gave the same to Watch The Throne, but that was an underwhelming 7.5. On here, every song is pretty distinctive from the next. It's definitely not a top Jay album, but it's a nice solid release. Seems like you can just throw it on and kick back. Had some nice production throughout, Jay's on point lyrically, and all the features were good. Only complaints, Versus & Beach Is Better really should have been full songs. Those were set to be some dope songs before they immediately cut off. Also, appreciate the Nas feature, but I do agree that's another weak song from the both of them. As you can probably tell, I'm shocked this was actually good, and thought it would be a pile of overproduced mess :lol:. Jay came through and extinguished Yeezus by simply making a hip hop/rap album, and rightfully so.

something interesting i came across

hmv.ca (since im here in toronto) has listed as an upcoming release

MCHG: Date of release: 09/07/2013

MCHG/Deluxe Edition: Date of release: 23/07/2013

please oh please let that Deluxe Edition have at least a Rae verse on "Heaven" and heck throw GFK on it to top it off...when listening to the original it has that super long instrumental at the end that sems like its missing something IMO

maybe an extended version of "Beach is Better" as well

Can someone find a source to this? If I can wait to pick up my physical copy I will for this, I wont mind having to buy two copies depending on what comes with the Deluxe however.

Why we gottta wait for the deluxe?

Seriously can we get some confirmation about this Delux Edition?

A google search brought nothing.
Has anyone checked the app recently?
Any new info in there?

2 screenshots from HMV.ca...sorry about the big pics

View media item 488323
View media item 488324

For real, I'd easily place that ahead of The Black Album, cause the event's surrounding TBA is better than the actual music. American Gangster was dope all the way around.

Last edited:
Can't put this over The Black Album.

Jay was still in his prime with the wordplay. He was murdering everything on that.

2 screenshots from HMV.ca...sorry about the big pics
Welp looks like $15 is being spent. He mentioned special packaging for the Vinyl version of MCHG, kinda makes me wish I waited for that instead.
I'm stuck on Nickles and Dimes right now

"The best form of giving is anonymous to anonymous"

dropped it in the safe with the rest of them
Dope Anti but why no Jay-Z Unplugged? That's a must have
Oh dont get it twisted, I have that too along with the Black Album on Acapella which is the most random album I have period and the Blueprint 1 on Vinyl just cause its my favorite.

Last edited:
Looks like I got to buy another copy when the deluxe comes out. This album hits harder and harder after each spin!

Saw that mentioned earlier in this thread, but I don't hear it.
New Orleans's drawl is so strong in Juvie's flow it would be hard for anybody to imitate it.
He's not imitating his drawl. He's imitating his flow.

He even playfully references Juve/Juvi(nile) in the last verse.

Wait is the deluxe edition out I didn't see it this morning at best buy.....but yea do u cats listen to music our do u just sceame threw it....Hovi Baby....

Anybody else insert the retail cd into their cars or computers and none of the track names or anything shows up? Pretty irritating

Back
Top Bottom