+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Just finished listening to the album and I really like it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.  The main point that I keep seeing repeated on here by some is that MCHG lacks substance.  While this album isn't completely or 100% filled with deep or insightful tracks, I love the 5 track set up of Oceans, F.U.T.W., somewhereinamerica, Crown, and Heaven.  I can't see how anyone can actively listen to those tracks and say he didn't drop any substance on this.   
Dont front on ur boy rick "fraud" ice skatin on that

Track
pimp.gif
That really is my favorite track right now muchacho.  No frontin at all for sure, Rick FRAUD Ross did his thing on this track and Jay did for sure 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I waited for the the actual hard copy to finally give this album a spin. I was expecting Bluprint 1/ Black album. What I got was Kingdom Come/ Blueprint 3.

If u don't like it Hey that's cool, but grasping for straws just to get on your soapbox and tell we're wrong for liking it is just silly.

Oceans Is my **** though, been stuck on that for a few days.

so he is a 5%er again
Clarence 13X...
nerd.gif

So the chain he's wearing in the breakfast club interview is almost like a dead giveaway. 

Plus why did he link up with Rae for just a pic? He wasn't even on the album. 

But Charlamagne like 3 different shades of black.

Last edited:
So you haven't listened to any new rap music in 8 years suggest that the rap game is dead because nicki and 2chainz are hot......... FANS LIKE YOU ARE THE PROBLEM

Come on son. The essay I wrote and that's what you come back with? It makes no sense for someone to say rap is going downhill but I haven't heard any new artists in the last right years.

Also, I cannot believe Jay did The Breakfast Club. I'm dumbfounded. Can't wait to watch the interview though. Charlemagne is going to be punked throughout the entire interview

Clarence 13X...
nerd.gif

So the chain he's wearing in the breakfast club interview is almost like a dead giveaway. 

Plus why did he link up with Rae for just a pic? He wasn't even on the album. 

But Charlamagne like 3 different shades of black.

They did actually collab

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=24528

Don't know why it didnt end up on the album.

Maybe it was saved for Rae's new joint

Or maybe even the new wu album.
But that's prolly wishful thinking.

After listening to Magna Carta Holy Grail a number of times I think I have finally grasped my thoughts on this.

Jay-z is at that place every great player reaches, in the twilight of their career, at their best they can look as good as they have always looked but they can no longer do it consistently. If you examine their performance closely you see the smoke and mirrors. Michael Jordan had no business winning the MVP, in 97-98 he had some truly terrible games in that season, like 39 shots 26 points bad, but he every once in a while he could look like the old Jordan and would make you forget about the terrible contested fade away.

HOV on MCHG, is throwing away verses, left and right, just displaying a shocking level of mediocrity in some songs, his great albums and songs are so taught so lean, verse every line is so tightly compacted, endlessly re-readable, just a wealth of double meanings, metaphors and simile, lyrical wizardry that IMO nobody is better at.

and on actually good on interesting production you see that rumble back to life, like on Crown, Beach is Better, Oceans, but for the most part we get mostly safe BORING Timbo production who as well is in the twilight of his career, pumping out ********, that pales in comparison to prime Timbo.

Overall, it's a mediocre uninteresting boring album by a great rapper.

6/10

Also nobody is on a wack collaboration streak like Jay-z and Beyonce. On the Run. :x :x Hollywood. :x Lift Off :rolleyes

Last edited:
Love this line...

Feelin' like a stranger in my own land...got me feelin' like Brody in Homeland.

Basic rhyme, but it works on a number of levels.

Why everyone not feeling on the run? B smashed the hook also...what y'all never had a ride or die chick like that y'all probly can't relate

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom