+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

I don't care what Jay does with his money. I just can't stand to see people call him the greatest when he's putting out basic *** music now. Some of y'all slurp him but this **** isn't any different than BP3 and KC. I'm tired of seeing him getting a pass. There's an excuse for everything he does.

Happy for everyone that likes the album. I liked a few songs but not impressed with it. To be honest, been listening to rap all my life and this year has been awful for rap.

As for the music and labels. Labels are dead, this is the future and Jay didn't start. Musicians have been slowly doing this for the last few years. What I do want to know is was it successful for Samsung since the app was hacked and there were links everywhere. Clearly it was successful for Jay

My man said how come he aint building rec centers and pools...

LOL.

Yall some funny dudes in the music section...

I don't care what Jay does with his money. I just can't stand to see people call him the greatest when he's putting out basic *** music now. Some of y'all slurp him but this **** isn't any different than BP3 and KC. I'm tired of seeing him getting a pass. There's an excuse for everything he does.

Happy for everyone that likes the album. I liked a few songs but not impressed with it. To be honest, been listening to rap all my life and this year has been awful for rap.

As for the music and labels. Labels are dead, this is the future and Jay didn't start. Musicians have been slowly doing this for the last few years. What I do want to know is was it successful for Samsung since the app was hacked and there were links everywhere. Clearly it was successful for Jay
What you listening to?

My man said how come he aint building rec centers and pools...

LOL.

Yall some funny dudes in the music section...
im saying..dudes really will go to any lengths to discredit jay...

for what its worth, im sure these acts have have alot more to do with the situation in Chicago than jay making songs...its much bigger than a rapper man..much bigger..

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/15/chicago-schools-announce-52m-in-cuts-850-layoffs/

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=9144112

as far as the music goes, this album is really complete and enjoyable every spin for me..only song i cant stand is the joint with beyonce, it aint r&b smooth i aint no r&b dude...

all in all, im thoroughly pleased nd cant wait until he tours for this..def will be there.

What you listening to?

Rap between 95-05 or R&B. Rap has seriously taken a hit. Back then, the south was the weakest link but they had substance and something to say. Today, the **** that gets a pass and we accept is pathetic. I understand some of it's catchy but people gotta grow up. There's some talented rappers today but the fact that Nicki Minaj, 2 Chainz and the rest of these silly acts are running rap says a lot about the fans.

As for the Jay album. It's not bad, I'm not impressed with it. For someone setting such high standards with The Blueprint, this is what comes with it. Jay seriously should have retired after The Black Album. He has nothing left to say and you hear it in each album. These records all sound the same. Some of you can't get by the name of Jay Z so you're blind to it.

Rap between 95-05 or R&B. Rap has seriously taken a hit. Back then, the south was the weakest link but they had substance and something to say. Today, the **** that gets a pass and we accept is pathetic. I understand some of it's catchy but people gotta grow up. There's some talented rappers today but the fact that Nicki Minaj, 2 Chainz and the rest of these silly acts are running rap says a lot about the fans.

As for the Jay album. It's not bad, I'm not impressed with it. For someone setting such high standards with The Blueprint, this is what comes with it. Jay seriously should have retired after The Black Album. He has nothing left to say and you hear it in each album. These records all sound the same. Some of you can't get by the name of Jay Z so you're blind to it.

So you haven't listened to any new rap music in 8 years suggest that the rap game is dead because nicki and 2chainz are hot......... FANS LIKE YOU ARE THE PROBLEM

Just finished listening to the album and I really like it :pimp: :pimp: .  The main point that I keep seeing repeated on here by some is that MCHG lacks substance.  While this album isn't completely or 100% filled with deep or insightful tracks, I love the 5 track set up of Oceans, F.U.T.W., somewhereinamerica, Crown, and Heaven.  I can't see how anyone can actively listen to those tracks and say he didn't drop any substance on this.   

Dont front on ur boy rick "fraud" ice skatin on that

Track :pimp:

How do you feel about Damon Dash?
“The thing we built , you can’t take that away so no matter what, the love is still there. Because what we’ve done will forever be stamped in history. We created something that’s gonna go down forever. So I can only have love for Dame. I just don’t know where we are in our life, we’re not the same two men at that time when we gelled in that way.”

Do you feel bad it ended the way it did?
“I haven’t seen him in a while. I have ultimate confidence in him that he’ll find his way ’cause he’s an amazing and smart guy. He’s a hustler and he’s highly intelligent, so I always root for him and always believe that he’ll find his way out of it. But I can’t control what happens life.”

looks like jay washed his hands with Dame once and for all

btw the new album is one of his best

Last edited:
How do you feel about Damon Dash?
“The thing we built , you can’t take that away so no matter what, the love is still there. Because what we’ve done will forever be stamped in history. We created something that’s gonna go down forever. So I can only have love for Dame. I just don’t know where we are in our life, we’re not the same two men at that time when we gelled in that way.”

Do you feel bad it ended the way it did?
“I haven’t seen him in a while. I have ultimate confidence in him that he’ll find his way ’cause he’s an amazing and smart guy. He’s a hustler and he’s highly intelligent, so I always root for him and always believe that he’ll find his way out of it. But I can’t control what happens life.”

looks like jay washed his hands with Dame once and for all

btw the new album is one of his best
listening to the interview that part was sad to hear man...

Gave it a listen while working out. I give it a solid 7/10. My two biggest gripes are:

1. :50 of Beach is Better...We need MORE! Beat is just :x

2. BBC - meh

Other than that, I really enjoyed the album....especially Picasso Baby.

Gave it a listen while working out. I give it a solid 7/10. My two biggest gripes are:

1. :50 of Beach is Better...We need MORE! Beat is just
sick.gif

2. BBC - meh

Other than that, I really enjoyed the album....especially Picasso Baby.
Sucks. 

What happened in the studio with those dudes I'm still trying to figure out...seen the pic posted and I should have known from the looks of it that the scene was too sweet. 

every time i see that guys reviews in these threads i get annoyed... the look of his face.. all that... lol

i don't care.

if i wanted to hear what he had to say, i would go to his youtube page.

i am here to hear NTs thoughts... not his.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom