+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

that boy Hov straight up skated on the last verse of FWMYKIGI..

sick.gif
sick.gif

"greatest form of giving anonymous to anonymous:"

- I'd agree with Jay here. Whats more meaningful, donating 5 mil on the low, or donating 5 mil and letting it be well known to try to boost your reputation. Seems like the latter takes away from the act itself.

Jay def cannot win on here, good lawd. I dont get it.

First the rap style argument. I dont get this one so maybe someone can school me.
But as long as the lyrics are different, I don't see how you can knock someone for 'biting' someone else s style.
I mean, look at athletes. Should we knock kobe for trying to bite MJ? Or lebron? Is he biting magic johnson with his style of play sometimes? who cares how they do it, WHAT DO THEY PRODUCE?

I think there is some admiration in biting another rap style then effectively delivering it better with better lyrics. Like some "I can do what you do but I'll even do it better than you too" type of confidence

As far as content, I dont see where the complaints are stemming from. Jay actually touches on some deep chit. Like someone said earlier, Oceans to Heaven are deep. I don't need a whole album to be deep. I think he did an appropriate amount on here. If the whole album was deep I would bet people would be saying "where are the bangers??" or those fuxwithmeuknoigotit type tracks.

Overall i really like the album. I loved Yeezus but that **** got booted out the car stereo when this dropped. But overall I think if you're goign to compare this album, do it on a genre wide scale. Relative to the rest of Rap right now I don't know how this isn't near the top, especially with all these lames like Trinidad flourishing right now.

Tom Ford is just a designer man..  He's worked with gucci YSL etc... I wrote a song 3 months ago name dropping TF, I didnt think nothing of, it.. Now I cant even record that song cuz everyone will think JayZ created/Birthed Tom Ford and everyone after him is a biter... lololol

I HAVENT EVEN LISTENED TO THE FULL ALBUM YET BUT I DONT LIKE IT ALREADY BASED OFF THE SLURPAGE I SEE EVERYWHERE
So now we dont like albums based off the fact that a lot of other people like it? Good to know. Thats some solid criteria right there.

What is this supposed to mean?

I'm not sure why people keep posting reviews.

What makes them qualified to review anything hip hop?

I'm tired of letting others define our culture. Hip hop isn't a movie.

Exactly.

Im sure majority of these people doing these reviews cannot relate to half the material in these albums.

Why can't he just continue to enjoy making music he likes? 

And this album he touches on fame, history, religion, being a dad after not having a dad, his relationship, politics... and my favorite song F.U.T.W. where he lets people know you can make it no matter where you come from. That sounds like substance to me.

The rest of album is balanced out with hard and fun tracks.  

This album he did a little of everything, and had balance overall. I am sure if he wanted to go all substance he could have. 

It seems like he tried to give the people a little of everything... but unfortunately still can't make people like you happy. Can't win 'em all. 
You say, if he wanted to go all substance he could have. Then why the **** not? 
Why can't he make songs where he is just having fun without having to get too deep?

If he made an album with all substance, critics may say he is too boring or too conscious. 

If he made an album with no substance, critics will say he isn't conscious or aware enough. 

On this album instead of doing either one or another, he did both. Did he do it to please critics on both sides? Just because he wanted to?

Who knows... and who cares. He is a grown man who can do whatever he wants. 

I wasn't speaking solely on monetary donation.

He boast and brag about everything else ..

why not boast about building rec centers and pools for the kids in his own hood?

How is the worse then bragging about expensive trips and tom ford?

I used Chicago as an example and ****** still missing the point.

His status and rep is solidified ..

all I'm saying can do a lot more good with his status.

But I'm done.

You dudes got it.

I was reminded of how awful these hip-hop radio interviews are after listening to that last 40 minutes of Hov on Hot 97. Angie Martinez is just annoying.

Only thing worth hearing was him responding to his relationship with Dame.

Angie asking about his ******g kid. :smh:

I was reminded of how awful these hip-hop radio interviews are after listening to that last 40 minutes of Hov on Hot 97. Angie Martinez is just annoying.

What he say bout Dame

why not boast about building rec centers and pools for the kids in his own hood?

How is the worse then bragging about expensive trips and tom ford?

His status and rep is solidified ..

But I'm done.

You dudes got it.
just embrace the fact that you're a hater.

This was already covered earlier, as seen below...........
Whats more meaningful, donating 5 mil on the low, or donating 5 mil and letting it be well known to try to boost your reputation. Seems like the latter takes away from the act itself.
Say what you mean, and mean what you say. 
"Everybody can tell you how to do it......THEY never did it"

What he say bout Dame

He said a bit more, but from what i remember he basically said he hasn't seen him in awhile (doesn't even remember the last time), but the love is still there. It was in response to Angie telling him about Dame posting a video of him listening to MCHG in the barbershop, and saying he still enjoyed hearing Jay spit.

Last edited:
been bumping this ever since it leaked that one night. I enjoy every song on here esp while 
nthat.gif
 it just makes me groove out. Far from his best work doe

How did this discussion go from jay needs to have more content in his raps to rappers have to be the saviors of the hood.

#Realfacts even if Jay donated every single dollar he had to the hood.... It's not going to disarm a mindstate that's 60-70 years in the making, It's not going to stop ****** up school programs, it's not going to stop a ****** up police department, it's not going to stop the drug trade

donating ****** parks and rec centers aint enough to solve this situation

How did this discussion go from jay needs to have more content in his raps to rappers have to be the saviors of the hood.

#Realfacts even if Jay donated every single dollar he had to the hood.... It's not going to disarm a mindstate that's 60-70 years in the making, It's not going to stop ****** up school programs, it's not going to stop a ****** up police department, it's not going to stop the drug trade

donating ****** parks and rec centers aint enough to solve this situation

Nor will he be able to reunite families and encourage them to stay intact. I know he even touched on that a little bit in Blue and in New Day on WTT bout sticking around for his kid because he didn't want to be like his father. But what has that changed?

Back
Top Bottom