+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

After a few more listens.......The production is :x :x :pimp:

The production carries this album but Jay brought it too.

:smh: @ the people disrespecting Hudson Mohawk.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

album gets better with every listen, this will be the album of 2013. now watiting to see what Drake, Em and whoever is dropping this year to see if they deliver as much as MCHG.

Last edited:
So  I see that he added instrumentation on Mercy and was one of 7 producers on blood on the leaves. I also see he is signed to Good Music. Given that he is an EDM producer I'm left with one question: Why I should care what his opinion his on hip hop music? I'm serious.
indifferent.gif

This guy is reacting the way I expect my 10 year old niece to when I tell her the Justin Beiber concert is sold out. 
Does Hov always reference basquiat since he can afford them or for some other reason?
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...ean-michel-basquiat-in-magna-carta-holy-grail

Last edited:
Every listen brings something new... Today it's Hov's verse on BBC. I slept on that the first couple days
Steady repeat :nerd:

So  I see that he added instrumentation on Mercy and of 7 producers on blood on the leaves. I also see he is signed to Good Music. Given that he is an EDM producer I'm left with one question: W
hy I should care what his opinion his on hip hop music? I'm serious.
indifferent.gif

This guy is reacting the way I expect my 10 year old niece to when I tell her the Justin Beiber concert is sold out. 

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...ean-michel-basquiat-in-magna-carta-holy-grail

thats why he doesnt like it... the production is regular rap ****...

So  I see that he added instrumentation on Mercy and was one of 7 producers on blood on the leaves. I also see he is signed to Good Music. Given that he is an EDM producer I'm left with one question: Why I should care what his opinion his on hip hop music? I'm serious.
indifferent.gif

Does Hov always reference basquiat since he can afford them or for some other reason?
laugh.gif
  Hudson's one of the up and comers in the game.  He's worked with a lot of the dudes peole praise as next up.  And yes he did do instrumentation on Mercy, and I Am a G*d, and is the primary co-producer on Blood on the Leaves with Kanye (the song everyone seems to like besides Bound), so I'd say he knows a thing or two about good hip-hop production.  

LOL at the snooty response "well since he does EDM why should i care what his opinion is on hip hop music?"

You rap fans, I swear
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Acting like hip hop didn't just used to be a bunch of looped up breaks from disco and pop songs.  Music is music fam.  I could be ******g Axl Rose and if I listen to MCHG and I think a track is not good, my opinion is as legitimate as yours or anyone else's.

I don't care if you're KRS One.

I *do* agree that it's a pretty "safe" album. Even the lyrical content.

Same stuff he's been saying in the same way he's been saying it.

Definetly could have come out any time within the last 10 years and not shook anything up. Jay's music really doesn't shake up any established norms, actually. To be the best rapper ever (and i think he is) he doesn't change the direction of music much, if at all.

Everything he does outside of music is far more notable in terms of change and shaking **** up. He's never made it ok to do something that wasn't being done already...in music.

He's pretty safe.

It's why he always defers to his collaborators when he makes collab projects (not that that's a bad thing.)  Jay is who Jay is.  He adapts to stay relevant in changing musical landscapes but he himself isn't going to push that change.

He's just going to be good at whatever is hot at that moment.

But you wont see Jay come through with anything radical and unpopular and insist it's what the future sounds like regardless of what critics say.  He'll just cryogenically freeze himself so whenever we get to that future, that next sound, he'll thaw out and still be one of the best mc's then.

laugh.gif
  Hudson's one of the up and comers in the game.  He's worked with a lot of the dudes peole praise as next up.  And yes he did do instrumentation on Mercy, and I Am a G*d, and is the primary co-producer on Blood on the Leaves with Kanye (the song everyone seems to like besides Bound), so I'd say he knows a thing or two about good hip-hop production.

LOL at the snooty response "well since he does EDM why should i care what his opinion is on hip hop music?"

You rap fans, I swear
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Acting like hip hop didn't just used to be a bunch of looped up breaks from disco and pop songs.  Music is music fam.  I could be ******g Axl Rose and if I listen to MCHG and I think a track is not good, my opinion is as legitimate as yours or anyone else's.

I don't care if you're KRS One.
Simply put, I Disagree.

Last edited:
This is a safe album?

View media item 483309
Ya'll don't know what any of this means I assume

90's babies :lol:

It's cool, I preferred it when when people not in the culture didn't know what the **** they were listening too

Jay hasn't spit like that since being with Jaz-O

[turns on Brand Nubian's It Ain't No Mystery]

Back
Top Bottom