+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

This is a safe album?

Ya'll don't know what any of this means I assume

90's babies
laugh.gif

It's cool, I preferred it when when people not in the culture didn't know what the **** they were listening too

Jay hasn't spit like that since being with Jaz-O

[turns on Brand Nubian's It Ain't No Mystery]
I happen to feel it's safe, and none of that comes close to applying to me...

if Jay dropped a 'risky' album everybody would say this aint the jay i want...

when jay drops a 'hip-hop' album its boring, safe and same ole same ole...

i know its about opinion but people in here are really saying dude aint saying much lyrically, thats shocking to me.

Who is it out here thats lyrically going in so i can understand what it is i should hold as the standard

That's my favorite song on there.  but then someone could just be like,

yeah this is a safe album...

BNx6bf_CIAABLPW.png

jay-z-la-familia-620x565.jpg

jay-z-previews-magna-carta-holy-grail-lyrics-featuring-justin-timberlake-21.jpg

Stuff is safe because it's the same old **** he was rapping about on Volume 3.

"You want my old stuff, buy my old album".  Or... just wait for Magna Carta to drop...

Last edited:
if Jay dropped a 'risky' album everybody would say this aint the jay i want...

when jay drops a 'hip-hop' album its boring, safe and same ole same ole...

i know its about opinion but people in here are really saying dude aint saying much lyrically, thats shocking to me.

Who is it out here thats lyrically going in so i can understand what it is i should hold as the standard

If Lebron gets 30, 10 and 8 it's just a regular game. No big deal, because we expect it.

If Paul George gets it, he's talked about as the future of the league

As predicted, people will find every excuse to like Yeezus and every excuse to hate MCHG. But I'll tell you what's real, the music and lyrics of MCHG are touching the streets and the net. Meanwhile, I don't hear Yeezus being played nor do I see anyone quoting its lyrics. But go ahead, keep playing that "different" card as if different somehow automatically means better or even good. No one wants to hear Jay-Z go left. Hard beats and real raps are all that's needed. Yeezus is dripping with pretentiousness and the media eats it up because they don't respect real rap. They can't wait to nominate Yeezus for awards and scream "you see, this is what real music sounds like!" while side-eyeing traditional rap. You honestly think Kanye, literally the most self-absorbed rapper out, gives a f about the stuff he's dribbling on Yeezus? No chance. If Dead Prez made a radio rap album people would be up in arms b/c we know that's not them. We know Kanye is not the militant anti-consumerism race conscious rapper he's pretending to be on Yeezus. Why anyone is entertaining it, is beyond me.

people wanna portray kanye as this innovator who is setting trends in music and what not.  turn on the radio, rapping over techno/ dance beats is at an all time high.  if anything hes the one just following trends while jay sticks with a formula hes had success with in the past.  if it aint broke dont fix it.

think about it guys.  u are **** riding an artist who doesnt even do what hes best at anymore.  

Did anyone actually listen to Cudi's Indicud and WZRD?

That's why I don't think Kanye is very innovative at all.

That's why I mentioned previously that Kanye seems influenced by Cudi, who happened to be in G.O.O.D. Music. The rock **** isn't new to rap with Run DMC and The Beasties, much less a dude in his camp was doing it before him. So I'm not sure why Kanye isn't being praised for taking a risk. That auto tune singing **** was more risky than that.

And these dudes writing in entertainment and newspaper sections about rap, most of them don't know **** or give a **** about the culture. That's the assignment they were given.

I listened to some of Hudson Mohawke's stuff.

It's really good, but >D

His comments made me expect something a lot more risky.

I still say he's just bitter.

I legit need someone to tell me how Ye's career to this point would have played out had T-Pain not introduced auto-tune to the game. Does Kanye continue making heartfelt soul rap?

the problem with most reviews is that they make them relative to other material/artists instead of it just being

their assessment of what they have in front of them

I legit need someone to tell me how Ye's career to this point would have played out had T-Pain not introduced auto-tune to the game. Does Kanye continue making heartfelt soul rap?

Ye needs Consequence back in his corner...

people wanna portray kanye as this innovator who is setting trends in music and what not.  turn on the radio, rapping over techno/ dance beats is at an all time high.  if anything hes the one just following trends while jay sticks with a formula hes had success with in the past.  if it aint broke dont fix it.

think about it guys.  u are **** riding an artist who doesnt even do what hes best at anymore.  
naw, you have to be on drugs to think Jay-Z stuck with the same style/formula when he first came out...

Always funny to see people get so passionate over something as subjective as music :lol:

I will say that imo Yeezus is bad man. To say that it's on the level of MCHG, let alone BETTER than MCHG is almost comical. The rapping on that project is so bad, my goodness. Straight Laughable :lol:

It didn't bother me at first but using Cobain's lyrics on Holy Grail is bugging me now that I put some more thought into it. Using Stipe's lyrics on Heaven seems a little contrived but they work for the song for the most part but just thinking about everything Kurt believed and stood for, he definitely wouldn't have approved his lyrics being on Holy Grail. Thanks Courtney Love

It didn't bother me at first but using Cobain's lyrics on Holy Grail is bugging me now that I put some more thought into it. Using Stipe's lyrics on Heaven seems a little contrived but they work for the song for the most part but just thinking about everything Kurt believed and stood for, he definitely wouldn't have approved his lyrics being on Holy Grail. Thanks Courtney Love

What did Kurt Cobain stand for?

Back
Top Bottom