+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

:rofl: at people who actually think Yeezus is better than MCHG, Kanye has turned into a joke. Jay don't even have him on this album, that's when you know it's bad :lol:

Last edited:
Rick Ross sounds exactly like wale on this it don't make no sense. I guess that's the perk signing artists.

As predicted, people will find every excuse to like Yeezus and every excuse to hate MCHG. But I'll tell you what's real, the music and lyrics of MCHG are touching the streets and the net. Meanwhile, I don't hear Yeezus being played nor do I see anyone quoting its lyrics. But go ahead, keep playing that "different" card as if different somehow automatically means better or even good. No one wants to hear Jay-Z go left. Hard beats and real raps are all that's needed. Yeezus is dripping with pretentiousness and the media eats it up because they don't respect real rap. They can't wait to nominate Yeezus for awards and scream "you see, this is what real music sounds like!" while side-eyeing traditional rap. You honestly think Kanye, literally the most self-absorbed rapper out, gives a f about the stuff he's dribbling on Yeezus? No chance. If Dead Prez made a radio rap album people would be up in arms b/c we know that's not them. We know Kanye is not the militant anti-consumerism race conscious rapper he's pretending to be on Yeezus. Why anyone is entertaining it, is beyond me.
But you all want that College Dropout Kanye.  The one rapping about being racially profiled while working at the mall.

Which is it?

I feel like FWMYKIGI would have been a better song if it was Ross TI and 2Chainz. And I don't even like 2chainz.

But to me Jay sounded out of place on that beat....

Ahh da great streets/internet dweebs divide...

Same idiots that said asap rocky hotter then

French montana are da same fools knockin jiga's

Album in favor of kanye's weed plate...

As predicted, people will find every excuse to like Yeezus and every excuse to hate MCHG. But I'll tell you what's real, the music and lyrics of MCHG are touching the streets and the net. Meanwhile, I don't hear Yeezus being played nor do I see anyone quoting its lyrics. But go ahead, keep playing that "different" card as if different somehow automatically means better or even good. No one wants to hear Jay-Z go left. Hard beats and real raps are all that's needed. Yeezus is dripping with pretentiousness and the media eats it up because they don't respect real rap. They can't wait to nominate Yeezus for awards and scream "you see, this is what real music sounds like!" while side-eyeing traditional rap. You honestly think Kanye, literally the most self-absorbed rapper out, gives a f about the stuff he's dribbling on Yeezus? No chance. If Dead Prez made a radio rap album people would be up in arms b/c we know that's not them. We know Kanye is not the militant anti-consumerism race conscious rapper he's pretending to be on Yeezus. Why anyone is entertaining it, is beyond me.
But you all want that College Dropout Kanye.  The one rapping about being racially profiled while working at the mall.

Which is it?
Lol @ comparing a small quip on one song to the entire vibe of an album.

I hope Kanye's next album is country music inspired just so I can see how ya'll bend over backwards to defend it.

P.S. - Spaceship is my favorite Kanye song of all time
pimp.gif

Did anyone actually listen to Cudi's Indicud and WZRD?

That's why I don't think Kanye is very innovative at all.

That's why I mentioned previously that Kanye seems influenced by Cudi, who happened to be in G.O.O.D. Music. The rock **** isn't new to rap with Run DMC and The Beasties, much less a dude in his camp was doing it before him. So I'm not sure why Kanye isn't being praised for taking a risk. That auto tune singing **** was more risky than that.

And these dudes writing in entertainment and newspaper sections about rap, most of them don't know **** or give a **** about the culture. That's the assignment they were given.

You're got damn right.

Which is it?

I hope Kanye's next album is country music inspired just so I can see how ya'll bend over backwards to defend it.

pimp.gif
A small quip on one song?  CD also had Jesus Walks, All Falls Down, Through the Wire and Never Let Me Down.

But at the same time Yeezus had songs where Ye was rapping about parking his Benz, smashing white dudes wives and models, and doing mad drugs cuz he's rich.

You can't knock Yeezus for being a Black Panther soundtrack, but then dismiss the backpack stuff on CD as "a quip on one song" and not "the vibe of an album."

You're being inconsistent.  Come on Rav.

if Jay dropped a 'risky' album everybody would say this aint the jay i want...

when jay drops a 'hip-hop' album its boring, safe and same ole same ole...

Dudes don't know what the hell they want. :lol:

And last time I checked "Same ole Jay" is a good thing.

"Jay shoulda worked with this producer and that producer, Jay shoulda had this rapper and that rapper on a track"

Dudes wanna Dynasty/Reasonable Doubt/WTT 40 track album.

Did anyone actually listen to Cudi's Indicud and WZRD?

That's why I don't think Kanye is very innovative at all.

That's why I mentioned previously that Kanye seems influenced by Cudi, who happened to be in G.O.O.D. Music. The rock **** isn't new to rap with Run DMC and The Beasties, much less a dude in his camp was doing it before him. So I'm not sure why Kanye isn't being praised for taking a risk. That auto tune singing **** was more risky than that.

And these dudes writing in entertainment and newspaper sections about rap, most of them don't know **** or give a **** about the culture. That's the assignment they were given.
You're got damn right.
Indicud and WZRD are bad though.  It was Cudi learning how to make his own beats.  He himself was copping pleas about why the beats sound amateurish like ****.

Yeezus has production heavy weights on it.  Those three records don't sound anything like each other and shouldn't be compared to each other.  If they are then Kanye's record is a ******g masterpiece compared to the messes that were WZRD and Indicud.  And that's how its supposed to be.  It's not even fair to compare Cudi learning how to produce to something with Daft Punk, Ye, Mike Dean, and Hud Mo all working on it.  Kanye should be held to a higher standard.

It's why I haven't called out any of the people in here who were rubbing Indicud all over their crotches in delight but have been calling Yeezus a weed plate.  Because it'd be like comparing the music I make to MBDTF.  It's not fair.

A more fair comparison as far as sound and direction I think is a lot of the dark aural **** Spaceghost Purrpp (sp?) has been trying to do.  Just straight dark horror movie music.

The difference is Kanye is mainstream, one of the three biggest rappers in the world right now, and most casual fans have no idea who Purrpp is.  Purprprp is like the very periphery of what would be considered a main stream rapper.  Also a lot of Purrpps **** is just poorly produced/mixed (which admittedly lends to the appeal of his sound.)

It also doesn't help that Purrpp has never spit a good verse in his life.

Last edited:

Which is it?

pimp.gif
A small quip on one song?  CD also had Jesus Walks, All Falls Down, Through the Wire and Never Let Me Down.

But at the same time Yeezus had songs where Ye was rapping about parking his Benz, smashing white dudes wives and models, and doing mad drugs cuz he's rich.

You can't knock Yeezus for being a Black Panther soundtrack, but then dismiss the backpack stuff on CD as "a quip on one song" and not "the vibe of an album."

You're being inconsistent.  Come on Rav.
Bruh you're beyond reaching. Backpack rap and the pseudo-militant RATM rap Ye is spewing now are not the same. None of the tracks you mentioned are comparable to what we are being force fed on Yeezus. Kanye was giving us HIS story on those tracks. Like, he really worked at the Gap. He really was in a car crash. He really struggled to get to the top. He was giving us everyman raps from his perspective. And we could all relate to his struggle. Now he's rapping bout the DEA and consumerism and other things that are just very contrived coming out of his mouth. You can't rap about consumerism and have the most hyped sneaker on the market. Whining about fashion houses not taking him serious, when he has next to no credibility in fashion. Come on man foh. Rapping bout smashing white girls in the Hamptons when you just wifed Kim K and had a kid. Cut it out.

Back
Top Bottom