Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

Originally Posted by slaterSB

ok here it is. jailbroke 3g 3.0. ran into a few problems. not everything is compatible yet.
516o3n.png

yo guide me how to jailbreak the 3G 3.0 FIRMWARE...WHAT DID U USE? I CANT SEEM TO PUT MY PHONE INTO DFU MODE...

dev team <<br />
i know they're doing what they can, but man...
oh well. hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for ppl on pc.

Originally Posted by GotShpat

^^ yeah i'm on a mac...but it fails everytime i try to put it on a dfu mode.

hold down power + home untill apple or pineapple appears. release power button and continue holding home untill you enter recovery moode=DFU

why the #@$@ cant i jailbreak with the new pwnage tool?

are you on a mac? its mac only right now and it worked fine for me

yo my man if u got aim get on it if u got the time help me out real quick aim: shpatsoyeah

hold down power + home untill apple or pineapple appears. release power button and continue holding home untill you enter recovery moode=DFU

ok first i got to turn it off and then..do the rest, i keep doing that but it keeps failing...

I tried using PwnageTool and had no luck whatsoever. Everytime I jailbroke it, I had a problem with having no service.

Originally Posted by youngpnoi

I tried using PwnageTool and had no luck whatsoever. Everytime I jailbroke it, I had a problem with having no service.

have to be on a official carrier

ok first i got to turn it off and then..do the rest, i keep doing that but it keeps failing...

you do that when the phone is on right after you did pwnage. ur phone should be on and unplugged. itunes not open. once in recover plug into itunes. then loadcustom ispw

Yeah, I have AT&T. I was finding on how to do it, apparently I have to uncheck activate phone on pwnagetool. I'll give this a try and seeif it works.

you do that when the phone is on right after you did pwnage. ur phone should be on and unplugged. itunes not open. once in recover plug into itunes. then load custom ispw

is there you can post step by step pls? cuz im kind of lost at the whole unplugged and everything..i thought the iphone was suppose to be plugged into thecomputer while going into the dfu mode..let me know before i go to sleep..thanks for your time man..

side note my $#%% take forever to back up since jailbroken

nice setup.. sirius online!!!! how is the video camera? better than cycorder? .. (excuse the caps but...) WELCOME ALL NEW AND RETURNING IPHONE USERS!!!!!!!!!!I HOPE YOUR 3G, 1ST&2ND GEN AND 3GS IS FULFILLING... MMS AND TETHERING ARE NOT AVAILABLE YET! (UNLESS JAILBROKEN SO I HAVE HEARD)... those with 3gs'please show us your home screen/setup/video camera/voice dailing/etc...

Yeah, I have AT&T. I was finding on how to do it, apparently I have to uncheck activate phone on pwnagetool. I'll give this a try and see if it works.

that should be your problem. follow what pwnge says. are u in simple mode?

Yeah, I have AT&T. I was finding on how to do it, apparently I have to uncheck activate phone on pwnagetool. I'll give this a try and see if it works.

that should be your problem. follow what pwnge says. are u in simple mode?
I was always in expert mode but never unchecked the activate phone part since the other times I jailbroke other firmwares, there was no need touncheck it. I went to the dev team site and noticed someone said to uncheck it before building a custom firmware for the service to work.

you do that when the phone is on right after you did pwnage. ur phone should be on and unplugged. itunes not open. once in recover plug into itunes. then load custom ispw

is there you can post step by step pls? cuz im kind of lost at the whole unplugged and everything..i thought the iphone was suppose to be plugged into the computer while going into the dfu mode..let me know before i go to sleep..thanks for your time man..

this arabic dude should help you

Finally got it to work, I'm going to need to backup all the apps I had from cydia and from iTunes.

I ordered my 3G S from Apple.com and sold it on eBay. Will the 3G S be registered to my name and will there be any problems when it is activated?

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

SMH at my iphone STILL not being activated
You have to call them and give them the number embedded on the sim card. It's a gold number. (at least for ROGERS) that's what i had to dowhen i first got mines.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

SMH at my iphone STILL not being activated
You have to call them and give them the number embedded on the sim card. It's a gold number. (at least for ROGERS) that's what i had to do when i first got mines.
I got it, i was reading through the howard forums and someone said to turn it off and on, and it worked.

Back
Top Bottom