Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

might sound crazy but can we use tether on a ps3
laugh.gif
Maaan that would be crazy slow though, 3G aint up to wifi par fam
laugh.gif

SOMEBODY ANSWER MY QUESTIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got it. Went to my local Apple store at like 4:45 pm. There was a little line outside the mall ( store is inside ) and they were basically handing outtickets with which model you wanted written on it. All the tickets were gone about 15 minutes after i got there.
152i0c9.jpg

Also make sure you backup your iPhone so when you go to restore it all your previous stuff form your current firmware iPhone (pics, songs, info, videos etc.)will be on your 3.0 version iPhone.
Originally Posted by TheSouthside

hmmm...ill wait for the official release ^^

too risky Lol
Word, I can chill for Quickpwn...

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

So my phone is running 3.0. It's jailbroken. I know it works.

I tried installing some updates via Cydia and it froze. I did a reset (home + power buttons) and now it's stuck on the Pineapple logo.

It's been like this for 10 minutes now.

What do I do???
This same thing just happened with mines. How do I back up my files before I restore it and lose everything?

I feel so... so... outdated...

i did too, for a few secs when i was reading about the iphone line at the NYC flagship. then i came to my senses and realized my 8 gig on the 3.o serves mypurposes just fine. the only benefit i see to the new phone is the camera and the faster processing times. i hardly ever use the camera on the reg 3G and idon't eff with my phone enough to make the battery go down in a matter of hrs (i try my best to watch movies on it, but i can't do it). it may soundlike i'm hating but i'm not
happy.gif
i just couldn't justify thenew phone since the 8gig is like a cloth seat, all white w/ roll-down windows to the leather, power windows 3G S
roll.gif
, but still serves my purposes.

now a question about the tethering... when it becomes available, how will the airtime be used? will we be using out minutes, or will we be able to use the 3Gnetwork like i'm just browsing thru safari on the phone.

Originally Posted by vcof2005

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

So my phone is running 3.0. It's jailbroken. I know it works.

I tried installing some updates via Cydia and it froze. I did a reset (home + power buttons) and now it's stuck on the Pineapple logo.

It's been like this for 10 minutes now.

What do I do???
This same thing just happened with mines. How do I back up my files before I restore it and lose everything?
Uh-oh..

If i remember correctly iTunes will ask you if you wanna back up first once you clicked restore..

Or you can always right-click your name (*Your name's iPhone), its on the left side of iTunes with Library, iTunes store and Playlists when its sync in.. ibelieve it'll give you the choices to restore, back up, etc..

Dude at the apple store said my phone would be activated in about 2 hours, why is it taking soo long??

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Dude at the apple store said my phone would be activated in about 2 hours, why is it taking soo long??
i think a few people on howardforums say it could take up to 48 hours...

there are hundreds of thousands of other people tryin to activate theirs too you know lol

Originally Posted by TheSouthside

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

i think a few people on howardforums say it could take up to 48 hours...

there are hundreds of thousands of other people tryin to activate theirs too you know lol
48 hours?
eek.gif
I need my phone asap

finally got a chance to mess with my new 3GS, upgraded from the OG iPhone

eek.gif

damn i love this phone even more now

threw it in this case and it's super slick
images

Are there any 3G owners that upgraded to 3G S. If so, do you guys think it was worth it? I'm still on the fence even though I'm eligible to upgrade....

Originally Posted by bjamez20

finally got a chance to mess with my new 3GS, upgraded from the OG iPhone

eek.gif

damn i love this phone even more now

threw it in this case and it's super slick
images

That case gets dirty so damn quick. My brother had it on for like a week or so and afterwards, it looked
sick.gif

Originally Posted by stackabills

Are there any 3G owners that upgraded to 3G S. If so, do you guys think it was worth it? I'm still on the fence even though I'm eligible to upgrade....
If i was a 3G owner, i wouldnt upgrade, i would wait tilll next year, But i had a 2G, so i needed an upgrade

Back
Top Bottom