Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

Just picked up my 3Gs..

Anyone know how to get MSN Emails.. instead of using Safari to login?

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

SMH at my iphone STILL not being activated
You have to call them and give them the number embedded on the sim card. It's a gold number. (at least for ROGERS) that's what i had to do when i first got mines.
I got it, i was reading through the howard forums and someone said to turn it off and on, and it worked.
lmao

Originally Posted by RECOGNIZE GAME

would you honestly recommend to get a 32g rather than the 16g? and why. don't just say music.

only reason to get a 32 is really if you have a lot of movies, tv shoes, and music.

Originally Posted by slaterSB

Originally Posted by RECOGNIZE GAME

would you honestly recommend to get a 32g rather than the 16g? and why. don't just say music.

only reason to get a 32 is really if you have a lot of movies, tv shoes, and music.

okay, i didn't want to have the 16, load up all kinds off apps and updates and have it slow down on me.

Hey fellas, anyyy new update if the 3GS can get jailbroken yet? Lord knows I wanna hook up my phone crazy
frown.gif

Originally Posted by fivefivenine

Originally Posted by one11archerave

I wish you could change the text message notification sound. I want to get the ESPN SportsCenter tone.

you can if it's jailbroken.

seriously?
I just ASSUMED you could put your own text notifications in there, no wonder...

and what exactly does jailbreaking do, does that unlock the phone or something? is it hard to do? I don't wanna turn my brand new phone into a brand newpaperweight, that aint right
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by C Money 88 05

Originally Posted by fivefivenine

one11archerave wrote:

I wish you could change the text message notification sound. I want to get the ESPN SportsCenter tone.

you can if it's jailbroken.

seriously?
I just ASSUMED you could put your own text notifications in there, no wonder...

and what exactly does jailbreaking do, does that unlock the phone or something? is it hard to do? I don't wanna turn my brand new phone into a brand new paperweight, that aint right
laugh.gif

jailbreaking the iPhone allows you to install custom themes and user made packages/mods/apps. You can also install apps for free (using one of those custompackages). It basically opens up the possibilites for the phone. Unlocking it takes one more step and opens the phone up to another carrier. Jailbreaking wontturn your phone into a brick tho.
As far as text notifications go, im rocking with the power rangers communicator sound right now, so it can be done. It just takes a little FTP work

Right now my 3G iphone is jailbroken for 2.2.1 software. When i jailbreak it for 3.0, do my themes/sounds/apps from installous stay, or am i going to have toredownload everything over again and recustomize the phone?

Yay its up on iclarified for PC!!! But im too busy to do it now. Got to wait till tomorrow

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Right now my 3G iphone is jailbroken for 2.2.1 software. When i jailbreak it for 3.0, do my themes/sounds/apps from installous stay, or am i going to have to redownload everything over again and recustomize the phone?
You're going to lose everything unfortunately.

Does anyone know if the 2G must be activated in order to unlock/jailbreak it? I'm getting to the step when its downloading the jailbreak data and I get anerror from windows saying the program has stopped working? Anyone else have this problem, I hope I don't have to deactivate my 3GS, activate the 2G andthen re-activate the 3GS all over again

Originally Posted by youngpnoi

I tried using PwnageTool and had no luck whatsoever. Everytime I jailbroke it, I had a problem with having no service.
Same with me....

You have to make sure you UNCLICK Activate iphone on the settings when you are building the file....

build the file under expert mode

Edit: Nevermind, i see you got it
smokin.gif

i tried the redsnow jailbreak 3.0 from iclarified and i keep getting an error message when trying to restore!!!! help !!! anyone getting the same problem?

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Does anyone know if the 2G must be activated in order to unlock/jailbreak it? I'm getting to the step when its downloading the jailbreak data and I get an error from windows saying the program has stopped working? Anyone else have this problem, I hope I don't have to deactivate my 3GS, activate the 2G and then re-activate the 3GS all over again
NVM got it, on to Ebay you go!!!!

Anyone else having trouble with Cydia?

All works fine until I install something from Cydia. Categories doesn't work. Winterboard themes won't show up after installing them and checking them.

Anyone else???

I'm tempted to run Redsn0w but have heard people are having problems with it hanging during the jailbreaking process.

What's the word on the curb about Quickpwn releasing?

Back
Top Bottom