Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by shogun

have any of you gotten a 16 GB one?  i was going to buy my dad the 16 GB wifi one but now i'm thinking the 32 GB might be better.  he'll be using it for a while, i just don't want it to run out of memory.
I have a 16gig and I've only used about 9gigs.

I probably won't use more than that. There are a lot of apps collecting dust on there. I don't have any music because I stream from Pandora or from my pc with homesharing (the same applies for videos as well). I bought the 64gig iPad 1 and never surpassed 7gigs.

64gig is way too much, 32 is enough for a power user. 16gig is great for web, email, Facebook, playing games.

The need for space isn't as important on iPad as it is on a pc. iPad changes your consumption habits.
I have a 64g (first gen) and I know I'll never use all of that space unless I load tons of movies on.  I was originally gonna get a 32g for 325 but dude acted weird and raised it to 425 so I figured I'd buy a 64g from someone for 475, but if he isn't putting a ton of music/movies then 16g will be enough

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by shogun

have any of you gotten a 16 GB one?  i was going to buy my dad the 16 GB wifi one but now i'm thinking the 32 GB might be better.  he'll be using it for a while, i just don't want it to run out of memory.
I have a 16gig and I've only used about 9gigs.

I probably won't use more than that. There are a lot of apps collecting dust on there. I don't have any music because I stream from Pandora or from my pc with homesharing (the same applies for videos as well). I bought the 64gig iPad 1 and never surpassed 7gigs.

64gig is way too much, 32 is enough for a power user. 16gig is great for web, email, Facebook, playing games.

The need for space isn't as important on iPad as it is on a pc. iPad changes your consumption habits.
I have a 64g (first gen) and I know I'll never use all of that space unless I load tons of movies on.  I was originally gonna get a 32g for 325 but dude acted weird and raised it to 425 so I figured I'd buy a 64g from someone for 475, but if he isn't putting a ton of music/movies then 16g will be enough

someone with more knowledge make an official iPad thread. apps, tricks, themes, etc. need to be discussed. I can't find one.

someone with more knowledge make an official iPad thread. apps, tricks, themes, etc. need to be discussed. I can't find one.

I downloaded the DirecTV app last night. I was under the impression that you could watch actual tv programming on your ipad but that's not what this app does. It allows you to set up your favorite channels and gives you up to the minute sports updates while also allowing you to use your ipad as a remote. Not bad for a free app.

I downloaded the DirecTV app last night. I was under the impression that you could watch actual tv programming on your ipad but that's not what this app does. It allows you to set up your favorite channels and gives you up to the minute sports updates while also allowing you to use your ipad as a remote. Not bad for a free app.

Dang hate to say it but TWC app > Direct TV.... someone needs to make an app so we can use these joints outside the crib tho...

Dang hate to say it but TWC app > Direct TV.... someone needs to make an app so we can use these joints outside the crib tho...

Shay, both devices has to be on the same network. Homesharing won't work over 3G.

gotcha, the two devices have to be on the same network, hence the name "home" sharing
glad i went with the 32GB

how you doing with angry birds? i got 3 stars on all the warehouse levels, now i am in the jungle. i'm struggling with the pineapples though ... 
ohwell.gif

QFT 

Shay, both devices has to be on the same network. Homesharing won't work over 3G.

gotcha, the two devices have to be on the same network, hence the name "home" sharing
glad i went with the 32GB

how you doing with angry birds? i got 3 stars on all the warehouse levels, now i am in the jungle. i'm struggling with the pineapples though ... 
ohwell.gif

QFT 

Here's a trick to listen to YouTube music with your screen off. Start the video, press the sleep button, double tap the home button and then press play. Uses a lot less battery life

Here's a trick to listen to YouTube music with your screen off. Start the video, press the sleep button, double tap the home button and then press play. Uses a lot less battery life

Back
Top Bottom