Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

good looks on the app updates ...

world of goo is the business ...

icab mobile is that browser you were talking about, i will take a look. i bought atomic .... i really like it so far.

is there a way to make it my default browser? like when i click on something in mail, it always opens safari not my new browser, i did not see anything in the ipad settings.

My must-have app list so far...

iMovie
GarageBand
Photogene (closest thing to photoshop for editing images)
Friendly Facebook
CNN
ScoreCenter XL
Words HD
Angry Birds HD (all three versions...yes that Rio is CRACK)
Pages (word processor)
iSwifter (can watch flash videos)
UPAD (note taking)

These are what I use most right now. Need a good ToDo app and a good budget/expenses app. Gonna look into Numbers and see what it's talkin 'bout. This thing is disgusting! I find something new on it everyday.

- Preciate it.

My must-have app list so far...

iMovie
GarageBand
Photogene (closest thing to photoshop for editing images)
Friendly Facebook
CNN
ScoreCenter XL
Words HD
Angry Birds HD (all three versions...yes that Rio is CRACK)
Pages (word processor)
iSwifter (can watch flash videos)
UPAD (note taking)

These are what I use most right now. Need a good ToDo app and a good budget/expenses app. Gonna look into Numbers and see what it's talkin 'bout. This thing is disgusting! I find something new on it everyday.

- Preciate it.

ok so land a panda is ALL me, copped! game is awesome
lanesplitter is no longer free, but i picked it up, pretty fun game

lastly: Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery

what is it all about? all i saw on youtube was a trailer, that did not tell me much, looks like some magical, mysterious game, details? 

ualreadyknow .... yeah i got iswifter, nice to have that on there, just in case.

i use the pica hd facebook app, i like the themes a bit better ... scorecenterxl is cracking for sure, as is that ncaa app. watched the back end of that sdsu/uconn game at work, everyone was gathered around me in a circle. 
smile.gif

i'm going to put my moleskin up for a while and try ipad journaling. i got penultimate and a targus ipad pen, been journaling that way, kinda cool. 

i forgot who mentioned it BUT that imo.im app is the truth from instant messaging. logs your aim, skype, fb, google talk yahoo, msn, buddy lists in one for chatting. 

a few other ones i like: weather+, nightstand hd, and reeder

i thought numbers was like excel ... for managing money and having a budgeting plan they say MINT is the best app you can get (i know its on the iphone, not sure if its on the ipad) i have several friends who swear by it. 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

ok so land a panda is ALL me, copped! game is awesome
lanesplitter is no longer free, but i picked it up, pretty fun game

what is it all about? all i saw on youtube was a trailer, that did not tell me much, looks like some magical, mysterious game, details? 

ualreadyknow .... yeah i got iswifter, nice to have that on there, just in case.

i use the pica hd facebook app, i like the themes a bit better ... scorecenterxl is cracking for sure, as is that ncaa app. watched the back end of that sdsu/uconn game at work, everyone was gathered around me in a circle. 
smile.gif

i'm going to put my moleskin up for a while and try ipad journaling. i got penultimate and a targus ipad pen, been journaling that way, kinda cool. 

i forgot who mentioned it BUT that imo.im app is the truth from instant messaging. logs your aim, skype, fb, google talk yahoo, msn, buddy lists in one for chatting. 

a few other ones i like: weather+, nightstand hd, and reeder

i thought numbers was like excel ... for managing money and having a budgeting plan they say MINT is the best app you can get (i know its on the iphone, not sure if its on the ipad) i have several friends who swear by it. 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Verizon is selling ipad1's for 299.99 399.99 and 499.99 brand new.

So far I'm liking mine waaaaay more than I expected.

Verizon is selling ipad1's for 299.99 399.99 and 499.99 brand new.

So far I'm liking mine waaaaay more than I expected.

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

It's one of those games you have to play to understand.

What I like about the game is the interaction. It isn't about beating a certain level or boss, but more about exploration and discovery. Once you start to play you are taken in by the sights and sound and could definitely get lost in time. It's one of those games.

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

It's one of those games you have to play to understand.

What I like about the game is the interaction. It isn't about beating a certain level or boss, but more about exploration and discovery. Once you start to play you are taken in by the sights and sound and could definitely get lost in time. It's one of those games.

I'm going out of town today, and I'd like to get a screen protector before I go....

what are you guys using so far as a screen protector? Hopefully it's something I can get within the next couple of hours at BB instead of ordering...i'm in a pinch LOL

*I have a smart cover...but I need something as far as reducing fingerprints

I'm going out of town today, and I'd like to get a screen protector before I go....

what are you guys using so far as a screen protector? Hopefully it's something I can get within the next couple of hours at BB instead of ordering...i'm in a pinch LOL

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

called my best buy yesterday and they recieved the new batch of non-defective zagg screen protectors. They put it on for me in 20 minutes for like 9 bucks
happy.gif

called my best buy yesterday and they recieved the new batch of non-defective zagg screen protectors. They put it on for me in 20 minutes for like 9 bucks
happy.gif

Can someone post a pic of niketalk on their ipad. I want to pull the trigger on one of these so bad but I just brought a brand new laptop last year. Does it make any sense to own both of them.Smh but then again do it make sense to own a certain shoe in every colorway lol.

Can someone post a pic of niketalk on their ipad. I want to pull the trigger on one of these so bad but I just brought a brand new laptop last year. Does it make any sense to own both of them.Smh but then again do it make sense to own a certain shoe in every colorway lol.

[h2]'Real Racing 2 HD' Set to Get Full Screen 1080p Video Out Feature[/h2]posted March 25th, 2011 5:12 AM UTC by Jared Nelson in News, Racing, iPad 2, iPad Games
The folks at Firemint have just sent over a brief demonstration video of the next major feature they have cooking for Real Racing 2 HD [$9.99], which will arrive in the next update. Using the video out feature of an iPad 2, Real Racing 2 HD will be able to be displayed on a big screen in full 1080p resolution while the device's 10-inch touchscreen shows a track map and race statistics.

This is the first indication we've had that the iPad 2 is capable of more than just display mirroring through the HDMI-out, and also the first time an iOS game has pushed beyond the native resolution and aspect ratio (with letterbox) of the standard iPad display, when tied to a bigscreen. On an HDTV, Real Racing 2 HD will run full screen with no black borders and at native 1080p resolution, without scaling.

The game is said to run at a solid 30fps in this mode, and real-time telemetry between the iPad screen and TV will allow for no lag while controlling the game with the iPad.

This announcement is big news, as it effectively paves the way for your iOS device playing the part of a home gaming console in addition to a mobile platform. While not quite as powerful as the current crop of gaming consoles, and iPad 2 is capable of some impressive visuals, and the appeal of being able to play the same games on my living room TV that I play while I’m out and about is huge.

Firemint is vague on a timeframe for this feature's arrival, only saying that it will come in the next major update. Real Racing 2 HD is already on of the best games for showing off the power of an iPad 2, and once this update is released you’ll be able to show it off in your living room in full 1080p.

Well damn..
eek.gif
eek.gif

[h2]'Real Racing 2 HD' Set to Get Full Screen 1080p Video Out Feature[/h2]posted March 25th, 2011 5:12 AM UTC by Jared Nelson in News, Racing, iPad 2, iPad Games
The folks at Firemint have just sent over a brief demonstration video of the next major feature they have cooking for Real Racing 2 HD [$9.99], which will arrive in the next update. Using the video out feature of an iPad 2, Real Racing 2 HD will be able to be displayed on a big screen in full 1080p resolution while the device's 10-inch touchscreen shows a track map and race statistics.

This is the first indication we've had that the iPad 2 is capable of more than just display mirroring through the HDMI-out, and also the first time an iOS game has pushed beyond the native resolution and aspect ratio (with letterbox) of the standard iPad display, when tied to a bigscreen. On an HDTV, Real Racing 2 HD will run full screen with no black borders and at native 1080p resolution, without scaling.

The game is said to run at a solid 30fps in this mode, and real-time telemetry between the iPad screen and TV will allow for no lag while controlling the game with the iPad.

This announcement is big news, as it effectively paves the way for your iOS device playing the part of a home gaming console in addition to a mobile platform. While not quite as powerful as the current crop of gaming consoles, and iPad 2 is capable of some impressive visuals, and the appeal of being able to play the same games on my living room TV that I play while I’m out and about is huge.

Firemint is vague on a timeframe for this feature's arrival, only saying that it will come in the next major update. Real Racing 2 HD is already on of the best games for showing off the power of an iPad 2, and once this update is released you’ll be able to show it off in your living room in full 1080p.

Well damn..
eek.gif
eek.gif

wow. 
eek.gif

that RR2HD vid reminded me of the Dreamcast VMUs..  HUD on iPad + gaming on TV.. cant wait to see what the devs come up with next. 

wow. 
eek.gif

that RR2HD vid reminded me of the Dreamcast VMUs..  HUD on iPad + gaming on TV.. cant wait to see what the devs come up with next. 

Originally Posted by piczon1983

happy.gif

Mine is already installed, the defective one. Will they just exchange it or do I have to return it to ZAGG?

Originally Posted by piczon1983

happy.gif

Mine is already installed, the defective one. Will they just exchange it or do I have to return it to ZAGG?

Originally Posted by youngcurse

It's completely understandable. You may even return the laptop after picking up iPad. But you'll need some kind of pc to sync and stuff.

Here are some NT screenshots in landscape and portrait mode:

Originally Posted by youngcurse

It's completely understandable. You may even return the laptop after picking up iPad. But you'll need some kind of pc to sync and stuff.

Here are some NT screenshots in landscape and portrait mode:

Back
Top Bottom