Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

just got my white 32 gb couldnt be happier besides the fact there is a spot almost like a glue spot on the back its tiny but honestly its the first thing i noticed when i ripped off the plastic kind of pissed about it tried wiping it off with goo gone using my nails and a little elbow grease and it ant comin off, anybody else have this on theirs?

just got my white 32 gb couldnt be happier besides the fact there is a spot almost like a glue spot on the back its tiny but honestly its the first thing i noticed when i ripped off the plastic kind of pissed about it tried wiping it off with goo gone using my nails and a little elbow grease and it ant comin off, anybody else have this on theirs?

Everyone should try the Splashtop app (there's a free one that lets you use it 5 mins at a time). It's the best app for remote viewing your laptop or desktop.

Everyone should try the Splashtop app (there's a free one that lets you use it 5 mins at a time). It's the best app for remote viewing your laptop or desktop.

That's a cool app, I'd like to know how to set up to view your comp away from home. The reviewer briefly mentioned it was possible but didnt say how to do it, he just said it was complicated.

Sent from my iPad 2

That's a cool app, I'd like to know how to set up to view your comp away from home. The reviewer briefly mentioned it was possible but didnt say how to do it, he just said it was complicated.

Sent from my iPad 2

have any of you gotten a 16 GB one?  i was going to buy my dad the 16 GB wifi one but now i'm thinking the 32 GB might be better.  he'll be using it for a while, i just don't want it to run out of memory.

have any of you gotten a 16 GB one?  i was going to buy my dad the 16 GB wifi one but now i'm thinking the 32 GB might be better.  he'll be using it for a while, i just don't want it to run out of memory.

Originally Posted by shogun

Is he going to be adding a ton of music and movies? Most apps are relatively small.

Is he going to be adding a ton of music and movies? Most apps are relatively small.

I have a 16gig and I've only used about 9gigs.

I probably won't use more than that. There are a lot of apps collecting dust on there. I don't have any music because I stream from Pandora or from my pc with homesharing (the same applies for videos as well). I bought the 64gig iPad 1 and never surpassed 7gigs.

64gig is way too much, 32 is enough for a power user. 16gig is great for web, email, Facebook, playing games.

The need for space isn't as important on iPad as it is on a pc. iPad changes your consumption habits.

I have a 16gig and I've only used about 9gigs.

I probably won't use more than that. There are a lot of apps collecting dust on there. I don't have any music because I stream from Pandora or from my pc with homesharing (the same applies for videos as well). I bought the 64gig iPad 1 and never surpassed 7gigs.

64gig is way too much, 32 is enough for a power user. 16gig is great for web, email, Facebook, playing games.

The need for space isn't as important on iPad as it is on a pc. iPad changes your consumption habits.

thanks, guys.  sounds like the 16 GB will be enough.  he'll be using it for simple stuff like email, skype & fb.  maybe rent / buy a few movies from itunes.
my sister will probably borrow it a lot & put a bunch of games on it.

have there been any issues with the casing on the white ones?  i thought i heard something about it during launch.

thanks, guys.  sounds like the 16 GB will be enough.  he'll be using it for simple stuff like email, skype & fb.  maybe rent / buy a few movies from itunes.
my sister will probably borrow it a lot & put a bunch of games on it.

have there been any issues with the casing on the white ones?  i thought i heard something about it during launch.

Are there any apps so i can view flash websites, and What are the best magazine subscriptions? and do u get magazines through the app store or the iBooks

Are there any apps so i can view flash websites, and What are the best magazine subscriptions? and do u get magazines through the app store or the iBooks

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

I think iSwifter is a pretty app for flash. The app store doesn't do magazine subscriptions, but you can download the zinio app, which does. Unfortunately their selection isn't that great. I'm using it with an esquire subscription right now.

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

I think iSwifter is a pretty app for flash. The app store doesn't do magazine subscriptions, but you can download the zinio app, which does. Unfortunately their selection isn't that great. I'm using it with an esquire subscription right now.

When it comes to home sharing does it work outside of your home?On my ip4 I'm on 4.2.1, can I use AirPlay from my phone to my iPad? I didn't see anything telling me I could. I've done ip4 to my apple tv though.

When it comes to home sharing does it work outside of your home?On my ip4 I'm on 4.2.1, can I use AirPlay from my phone to my iPad? I didn't see anything telling me I could. I've done ip4 to my apple tv though.

Back
Top Bottom