Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

I've been leaving mine naked, save for the smartcover. The aluminum backing is fairly tough, so I haven't ran into any problems outside of fingerprints, which wipe right off. I do place the device in a netbook sleeve when on the go.

Is it true that people have been waiting outside in front of Apple Stores every morning since the release? Didn't think it would be that difficult to snag one. Apple should have released a universal 3G version.

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

2morrow my TW app started acting crazy last night. I had a bunch of channels when I first downloaded it. By the end of the night I had those same channels you had and they wouldn't even work..... Seems like I won't be using that much

[h4][/h4]
[h4]TWCable TV iPad app struggling with high demand, angry cable channels[/h4]
By Richard Lawler posted Mar 16th 2011 5:07PM

Time Warner's TWCable TV iPad app could only serve 15 of the originally announced 32 channels (which curiously did not include BBC America, despite its appearance in these screens from iTunes) due to higher than anticipated demand that crashed the servers last night (Broadcasting & Cable reports the channels have since been restored.) According to the official blog it was the most downloaded app in the iTunes store yesterday and while its engineers work on a more permanent fix, cutting the channel count was the only way to make sure people can actually open the app and log in. However, there may be more than technical difficulties that take channels offline in the future, as Adweek reports several cable networks are upset with the app, quoting one unnamed affiliate head as saying "our position is that [this sort of distribution] is not authorized by our affiliate agreements." Networks like Discovery have already made public their dissatisfaction with Dish's Sling-powered app, with everyone from Comcast to DirecTV to TiVo potentially getting in on the act we'll probably see a slew of carriage disputes and lawsuits before every channel goes the way of ESPNNetworks.

2morrow my TW app started acting crazy last night. I had a bunch of channels when I first downloaded it. By the end of the night I had those same channels you had and they wouldn't even work..... Seems like I won't be using that much

[h4][/h4]

Time Warner's TWCable TV iPad app could only serve 15 of the originally announced 32 channels (which curiously did not include BBC America, despite its appearance in these screens from iTunes) due to higher than anticipated demand that crashed the servers last night (Broadcasting & Cable reports the channels have since been restored.) According to the official blog it was the most downloaded app in the iTunes store yesterday and while its engineers work on a more permanent fix, cutting the channel count was the only way to make sure people can actually open the app and log in. However, there may be more than technical difficulties that take channels offline in the future, as Adweek reports several cable networks are upset with the app, quoting one unnamed affiliate head as saying "our position is that [this sort of distribution] is not authorized by our affiliate agreements." Networks like Discovery have already made public their dissatisfaction with Dish's Sling-powered app, with everyone from Comcast to DirecTV to TiVo potentially getting in on the act we'll probably see a slew of carriage disputes and lawsuits before every channel goes the way of ESPNNetworks.

Im able to pay 250 for wifi ipad one. Brand new.

If I don't like it will I be able to get my money back if I sell it?

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

If you sell it on ebay or craiglist you should get your money back.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

If you sell it on ebay or craiglist you should get your money back.

TW app is working fine again.....

SneakerPro I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to make your money back numerous people (in this very thread) have stated that they are purchasing iPad 1s now that the price has been driven down. Do not expect to make a huge profit but I couldn't really see you losing money on that investment.

TW app is working fine again.....

SneakerPro I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to make your money back numerous people (in this very thread) have stated that they are purchasing iPad 1s now that the price has been driven down. Do not expect to make a huge profit but I couldn't really see you losing money on that investment.

Just came back from the genius bar regarding the dead pixel i had. They replaced it no questions asked. I'm dead pixels free at the moment
smile.gif

Just came back from the genius bar regarding the dead pixel i had. They replaced it no questions asked. I'm dead pixels free at the moment
smile.gif

NVM about the TW app, i got it up and working now and it seems like they shaped up since they installed another 15 channels... sweett.

NVM about the TW app, i got it up and working now and it seems like they shaped up since they installed another 15 channels... sweett.

this is gonna be impossible to get in NYC for the next month or so if Apple doesn't start restocking these in stores...dudes are lining up at the Apple store every morning at like 7am and the stores don't even have em.  

this is gonna be impossible to get in NYC for the next month or so if Apple doesn't start restocking these in stores...dudes are lining up at the Apple store every morning at like 7am and the stores don't even have em.  

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

[h4][/h4]

good ol time warner, the numb nuts cant do anything right

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

[h4][/h4]

good ol time warner, the numb nuts cant do anything right

Back
Top Bottom