Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I`m fine with my iPad I can wait it out till the 3

Same here.
laugh.gif
 I'm thinking the same.
My bro just bought the original iPad before Xmas.  He's a little ticked.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Is it true that people have been waiting outside in front of Apple Stores every morning since the release? Didn't think it would be that difficult to snag one. Apple should have released a universal 3G version.
Resellers. 

Is it true that people have been waiting outside in front of Apple Stores every morning since the release? Didn't think it would be that difficult to snag one. Apple should have released a universal 3G version.
Resellers. 

Downloaded Comcast's Xfinity app and its pretty cool. It's not like the Time Warner app where you can watch live TV, it's more OnDemand but with more access.

Having every single of episode of all the HBO shows is
pimp.gif

Downloaded Comcast's Xfinity app and its pretty cool. It's not like the Time Warner app where you can watch live TV, it's more OnDemand but with more access.

Having every single of episode of all the HBO shows is
pimp.gif

so heated

ordered one the night they were available, but cancelled because they said it wouldnt ship for 3-5 days. figured i could pick one up at my campus store quicker

now shipping times are 4-5 weeks?

and the store still hasnt received them with no word of when?

2 weeks without my ipad and i'm going through withdrawals

[/entitled fanboy rant]

so heated

ordered one the night they were available, but cancelled because they said it wouldnt ship for 3-5 days. figured i could pick one up at my campus store quicker

now shipping times are 4-5 weeks?

and the store still hasnt received them with no word of when?

2 weeks without my ipad and i'm going through withdrawals

[/entitled fanboy rant]

been using atomic web browser, i like it better than safari ...

check it out, there is a light version ... then $1 to buy ....

been using atomic web browser, i like it better than safari ...

check it out, there is a light version ... then $1 to buy ....

So who else hasn't pulled out their PC or Mac since copping their iPad? Other than to sync of course and Homesharing.

The absence of a file system is a glaring omission and I really hope it's addressed in the 3. It's becoming more than that third tweener device Apple so proudly touted in it's inaugural launch. It's becoming THE device.

So who else hasn't pulled out their PC or Mac since copping their iPad? Other than to sync of course and Homesharing.

The absence of a file system is a glaring omission and I really hope it's addressed in the 3. It's becoming more than that third tweener device Apple so proudly touted in it's inaugural launch. It's becoming THE device.

So are these new shipping dates universal or just for people who ordered late.

Example:
I preordered my ipad saturday the 12th from best buy.  Was told will be at store in 2-3 weeks.  I said cool see ya then.

Since then online orders have jumped to 4-5 weeks to ship.  So is there like "batches" being sent out for early pre-order people? or will they try to fill everyones order at once aka everyone will now have to wait 4-5 weeks.

Just curious really not that big of a deal.  So some one jailbroke 4.3 already just needs to make it public
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

So are these new shipping dates universal or just for people who ordered late.

Example:
I preordered my ipad saturday the 12th from best buy.  Was told will be at store in 2-3 weeks.  I said cool see ya then.

Since then online orders have jumped to 4-5 weeks to ship.  So is there like "batches" being sent out for early pre-order people? or will they try to fill everyones order at once aka everyone will now have to wait 4-5 weeks.

Just curious really not that big of a deal.  So some one jailbroke 4.3 already just needs to make it public

iPad cads scalping buyers

Demanding $2,000

By LACHLAN CARTWRIGHT and KATE SHEEHY

Last Updated: 7:38 AM, March 16, 2011

Posted: 1:07 AM, March 16, 2011

Comments: 42

More Print

If only there were an app to nail black-market extortionists.

A cutthroat Asian group has set its crosshairs on the flagship Apple store on Fifth Avenue at 59th -- scoring nearly every iPad 2 it can get its hands since the hot gizmo went on sale last week, to re-peddle at exorbitant prices here and in China.

The illicit, highly orchestrated scheme was in full gear yesterday, with a ringleader doling out massive wads of $100 bills to about five cohorts.

The sidekicks then went up and down a line of about 200 Asians outside the store and around the corner, handing out the money.

The scammers in line then went inside and bought iPad 2's -- wiping out the store within minutes.

"We buy from here, then sell," one of the organizers gloated outside the store, standing near one of several bulging, oversized shopping bags filled with the hot devices.

"The ones we bought today are already on their way to China," where they haven't gone on sale yet, said the boss. "It's been pretty crazy."

When asked how much it would cost to buy a top-of-the-line iPad 2, which retails for no more than $829, one of the rogues demanded more than twice what it was just bought for -- $1,700.

Then, his boss jumped in -- and said it would be "best if you bring $2,000."

An Apple worker inside the store said he didn't like what was going on -- but he couldn't do much about it.

"Listen, we all know what's going on here. I find it sad and disgusting," the worker said. "These people are preventing ordinary folks from getting their hands on an iPad."

A legitimate would-be customer said she's been to the store three times since Friday -- only to be thwarted by the creeps.

"I walked right up to the guy with all the bags and said, 'Shame on you,' " said the woman, a Manhattan event planner who asked that her name not be used for fear she would be blackballed by the store and never get her iPad 2.

"He just laughed at me," she said.

"I talked to the manager at the store. I said, 'They're dealing them right now upstairs on private property.' . . . They said, 'There's nothing we can do.' "

Apple did not return calls for comment.

2Gs tho
eek.gif

Demanding $2,000

More Print

A cutthroat Asian group has set its crosshairs on the flagship Apple store on Fifth Avenue at 59th -- scoring nearly every iPad 2 it can get its hands since the hot gizmo went on sale last week, to re-peddle at exorbitant prices here and in China.

The illicit, highly orchestrated scheme was in full gear yesterday, with a ringleader doling out massive wads of $100 bills to about five cohorts.

The sidekicks then went up and down a line of about 200 Asians outside the store and around the corner, handing out the money.

The scammers in line then went inside and bought iPad 2's -- wiping out the store within minutes.

"We buy from here, then sell," one of the organizers gloated outside the store, standing near one of several bulging, oversized shopping bags filled with the hot devices.

"The ones we bought today are already on their way to China," where they haven't gone on sale yet, said the boss. "It's been pretty crazy."

When asked how much it would cost to buy a top-of-the-line iPad 2, which retails for no more than $829, one of the rogues demanded more than twice what it was just bought for -- $1,700.

An Apple worker inside the store said he didn't like what was going on -- but he couldn't do much about it.

"Listen, we all know what's going on here. I find it sad and disgusting," the worker said. "These people are preventing ordinary folks from getting their hands on an iPad."

A legitimate would-be customer said she's been to the store three times since Friday -- only to be thwarted by the creeps.

"I walked right up to the guy with all the bags and said, 'Shame on you,' " said the woman, a Manhattan event planner who asked that her name not be used for fear she would be blackballed by the store and never get her iPad 2.

"I talked to the manager at the store. I said, 'They're dealing them right now upstairs on private property.' . . . They said, 'There's nothing we can do.' "

2Gs tho
eek.gif

So many other options for file sharing including dropbox, iDisk, etc.  I've heard mentions of file sharing between Macs & iPads that should be addressed in the new Lion OS.  I'm with I don't use my PC or MB Pro at all at home unless I'm syncing or donwloading new music for my gigs.

So many other options for file sharing including dropbox, iDisk, etc.  I've heard mentions of file sharing between Macs & iPads that should be addressed in the new Lion OS.  I'm with I don't use my PC or MB Pro at all at home unless I'm syncing or donwloading new music for my gigs.

Demanding $2,000

More Print

2Gs tho
eek.gif
This whole reselling thing has gone too far

Its one thing to buy a product with the intention of using it and then deciding you don't want it anymore and sell it ..

But to buy all these products with the intention to just resell it again only hurts the "real" consumers which is really messed up 

I understand that they want a side hustle but doing something that has a negative effect on other people is not some thing you should be doing

Demanding $2,000

More Print

2Gs tho
eek.gif
This whole reselling thing has gone too far

Its one thing to buy a product with the intention of using it and then deciding you don't want it anymore and sell it ..

But to buy all these products with the intention to just resell it again only hurts the "real" consumers which is really messed up 

I understand that they want a side hustle but doing something that has a negative effect on other people is not some thing you should be doing

^ Maybe if there wasn't a demand for it, then it wouldn't happen.

If you can get someone to pay 2 G's for a piece of tech that they don't want to wait a couple more weeks for then I got no problem with that.

Im looking for an iPad too but theres no way in hell im paying more than retail, so imma just wait til the local Best Buy has it in stock and cop.

Back
Top Bottom