Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

mikejs210 you should peep the jay-z decoded app it more interactive than the ebook but you should wait till install0us for ipad 2 is available..

mikejs210 you should peep the jay-z decoded app it more interactive than the ebook but you should wait till install0us for ipad 2 is available..

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Thanks for the heads up, didn't even know there was something in the app store for it 
pimp.gif

The ebook I got is the Enhanced Version with all the videos and whatnot, but I'll check out that app when I can.  

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Thanks for the heads up, didn't even know there was something in the app store for it 
pimp.gif

The ebook I got is the Enhanced Version with all the videos and whatnot, but I'll check out that app when I can.  

If you already, have an ipod touch, mb and iphone 4 what do you use your ipad for??

NOT BUISNESS PEOPLE OR MEDICS OR WHATEVER, JUST REGULAR 'YOU & I' PEOPLE

I understand some people keep pictures on it, but if you have an mb then surely you could just put them on there, music= ipod, face time/apps/twitter/fb etc= iphone... Im just a little confused.

Where do you use it? Because if you drive then obviously you cant use it then and when you reach your destination you could just use one of the other apple products. A few people have told me they use their ipads when they fly/ travel long distance etc and thats understandable. But really how much on average does the average person travel to require an ipad

I think tablets are a sick invention but i just cant get my head around what use they reallly are, I mean this in the most sincere way btw..

If you already, have an ipod touch, mb and iphone 4 what do you use your ipad for??

I understand some people keep pictures on it, but if you have an mb then surely you could just put them on there, music= ipod, face time/apps/twitter/fb etc= iphone... Im just a little confused.

Where do you use it? Because if you drive then obviously you cant use it then and when you reach your destination you could just use one of the other apple products. A few people have told me they use their ipads when they fly/ travel long distance etc and thats understandable. But really how much on average does the average person travel to require an ipad

I think tablets are a sick invention but i just cant get my head around what use they reallly are, I mean this in the most sincere way btw..

^ I'm definitely gonna be using the iPad in school. I have an Android phone and the battery life is pretty @##$@# on it. It can barely last through the day with only medium usage. Now with this I don't really have to worry about that anymore. Aside from that, there's some pretty helpful apps that I can use for class too. I already have smart notes and keynote apps ready for note taking and presentations.Last thing is, the portability. Like right now I'm lying up in my bed typing this. This would never happen with my laptop (I have a 17incher).

Originally Posted by nikegirluk

You'll never understand until you have one for a day. It's like your personal notebook of productivity/entertainment. Needless to say the magic is in the apps.

You'll never understand until you have one for a day. It's like your personal notebook of productivity/entertainment. Needless to say the magic is in the apps.

^ I'm definitely gonna be using the iPad in school. I have an Android phone and the battery life is pretty @##$@# on it. It can barely last through the day with only medium usage. Now with this I don't really have to worry about that anymore. Aside from that, there's some pretty helpful apps that I can use for class too. I already have smart notes and keynote apps ready for note taking and presentations.Last thing is, the portability. Like right now I'm lying up in my bed typing this. This would never happen with my laptop (I have a 17incher).

Like I said earlier wait for software to catch up. Even though iPad has 65000 apps a lot of apps are just ports of iPhone/iPod versions when we start seeing more specifically designed applications for the iPad you will start seeing why tablets are selling so well. A tablet can do most basic computing tasks that the average person will want to do PLUS it is more interactive. Instead of just siting in front of a screen and clicking with a mouse your using your hand. Add to the fact the maintenance you have with a tablet is far less than with a normal computer. No need need for drivers, registry, viruses (of course this well eventually change but apple is usually good at this), and its more simplified. Now you are right that it would be pretty overkill to have an iPhone and iPad at this point since the apps are really similar but like I said give it time. People will find ways to use the additional screen real estate and power soon.

For example this is what iPhone facebook looks like:
f

Pretty simple UI and it works but is this really the facebook expereince you would want when you are just chilling and not on the move? Or would you prefer something like this:
Buddies%20-%201.jpg

(not official app just mock up)

Given time we can see developers enhance the UIs for the applications to be more imersive than anything we will see on normals desktops given the nature of these devices. As you can tell what is possible on the iPad is not possible on the iPhone because of just size reasons.

To see more what I am talking about just peep this link and notice the big design differences that can happen with additional screen real estate:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-20003603-248.html

Like I said earlier wait for software to catch up. Even though iPad has 65000 apps a lot of apps are just ports of iPhone/iPod versions when we start seeing more specifically designed applications for the iPad you will start seeing why tablets are selling so well. A tablet can do most basic computing tasks that the average person will want to do PLUS it is more interactive. Instead of just siting in front of a screen and clicking with a mouse your using your hand. Add to the fact the maintenance you have with a tablet is far less than with a normal computer. No need need for drivers, registry, viruses (of course this well eventually change but apple is usually good at this), and its more simplified. Now you are right that it would be pretty overkill to have an iPhone and iPad at this point since the apps are really similar but like I said give it time. People will find ways to use the additional screen real estate and power soon.

For example this is what iPhone facebook looks like:
f

Pretty simple UI and it works but is this really the facebook expereince you would want when you are just chilling and not on the move? Or would you prefer something like this:
Buddies%20-%201.jpg

(not official app just mock up)

Given time we can see developers enhance the UIs for the applications to be more imersive than anything we will see on normals desktops given the nature of these devices. As you can tell what is possible on the iPad is not possible on the iPhone because of just size reasons.

To see more what I am talking about just peep this link and notice the big design differences that can happen with additional screen real estate:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-20003603-248.html

I actually don't really own an a working iPod at this time so my iPad serve alot of purposes. I am def the standard NTer (22, student, sneakerhead and I like nice toys)....

For me personally the ipad is so much more than just another toy tho. I actually owned the first generation iPad for about a week. I had just graduated from undergrad and honestly the apps were still lacking. Fastforward less than a year later I'm in grad school and I drag my computer pretty much everywhere I go. Because of the iPads apps, power and battery life, I can finally put less miles on my computer. I also feel like I may not have NEED to travel with my computer as much when i go outta town. My iPad provides all the basic functioning I need with half the space and weight. Plus it looks cool and I'm a NTer so yes that means something to me

I actually don't really own an a working iPod at this time so my iPad serve alot of purposes. I am def the standard NTer (22, student, sneakerhead and I like nice toys)....

For me personally the ipad is so much more than just another toy tho. I actually owned the first generation iPad for about a week. I had just graduated from undergrad and honestly the apps were still lacking. Fastforward less than a year later I'm in grad school and I drag my computer pretty much everywhere I go. Because of the iPads apps, power and battery life, I can finally put less miles on my computer. I also feel like I may not have NEED to travel with my computer as much when i go outta town. My iPad provides all the basic functioning I need with half the space and weight. Plus it looks cool and I'm a NTer so yes that means something to me

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

QFT

I can see these ipads replacing laptops as it is more simple and appealing to carry (lightweight) around. Thanks to cloud servers like DROPBOX, i don't think i'll ever need to carry my laptop around school anymore... THANK YOU BABY JESUS!

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

QFT

I can see these ipads replacing laptops as it is more simple and appealing to carry (lightweight) around. Thanks to cloud servers like DROPBOX, i don't think i'll ever need to carry my laptop around school anymore... THANK YOU BABY JESUS!

Like i said earlier you can't compare a ipad to a macbook/laptop 
Because with ipad your getting 10 hours of battery life with a laptop your getting maybe 3 hours at most on a full charge which is a big deal when traveling because you don't want to have to worry about  charging your device all the time

The ipad also is lighter and smaller so its easier to carry and if your the kind of person that does simple things on the internet daily like surf the web,check email ,play games, facebook you can do all these things on a ipad so it just really comes down to the kind of person you are. 

If you need to do advance computing stuff daily then the ipad/tablets are not for you right now but a ipad/tablet would be very useful for a average computer user. 

Back
Top Bottom