Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by robxdrew

I'm still thinking whether I should still cop this or not. How is it since it doesn't support Flash websites?
iSwifter is a pretty stable app/browser that allows for flash-based sites to work on iPad. But honestly your consumption habits may change, as iPad has so many different capabilities. I'm reading a book, browsing general, and listening to music at the same time. If I needed to use a flash site, I would use iSwifter - exactly what I did earlier when I played UNO on Facebook. Flash is just another means to some kind of entertainment, not the end all be all. There are endless ways to keep yourself busy with iPad that don't have anything to do with Flash, some that do. Your choice.

I'm still thinking whether I should still cop this or not. How is it since it doesn't support Flash websites?
iSwifter is a pretty stable app/browser that allows for flash-based sites to work on iPad. But honestly your consumption habits may change, as iPad has so many different capabilities. I'm reading a book, browsing general, and listening to music at the same time. If I needed to use a flash site, I would use iSwifter - exactly what I did earlier when I played UNO on Facebook. Flash is just another means to some kind of entertainment, not the end all be all. There are endless ways to keep yourself busy with iPad that don't have anything to do with Flash, some that do. Your choice.

I've been debating over the past week whether I should pick one of these up or a first gen iPad which I've seen go for as low as 300. I'm not too concerned about the cameras, but is the upgraded RAM and dual core processor worth the extra $$$? 

I've been debating over the past week whether I should pick one of these up or a first gen iPad which I've seen go for as low as 300. I'm not too concerned about the cameras, but is the upgraded RAM and dual core processor worth the extra $$$? 

YES^

Seriously its worth it....... Honestly I'm just not big on buying outdated software/ hardware anyway but the improvements made in the ipad 2 are noticeable

YES^

Seriously its worth it....... Honestly I'm just not big on buying outdated software/ hardware anyway but the improvements made in the ipad 2 are noticeable

Honestly, if I was looking to buy a tablet, I would get the iPad 2 of course, but if you can catch a lick on the iPad 1 then GO FOR IT!!

Folks really dont know how real the iPad is, lol hell I can watch Comcast On Demand from anywhere shows and use my iPad as a remote for my tv with the XFinity App.

Honestly, if I was looking to buy a tablet, I would get the iPad 2 of course, but if you can catch a lick on the iPad 1 then GO FOR IT!!

Folks really dont know how real the iPad is, lol hell I can watch Comcast On Demand from anywhere shows and use my iPad as a remote for my tv with the XFinity App.

if you can get the ipad for a good deal,  by all means, go for it.  i was on the fence between the first gen ipad and ipad 2 but am happy i got the ipad 2.  also used the mobile ap app on my vibrant and can 3g tether it.

if you can get the ipad for a good deal,  by all means, go for it.  i was on the fence between the first gen ipad and ipad 2 but am happy i got the ipad 2.  also used the mobile ap app on my vibrant and can 3g tether it.

Originally Posted by akm2tan

I got an ipad 1 32gb for 350 New. Dont see why the hype on the new one unless you really need facetime. Glad I waited for a discount.

ummm where?

Originally Posted by akm2tan

I got an ipad 1 32gb for 350 New. Dont see why the hype on the new one unless you really need facetime. Glad I waited for a discount.

ummm where?

Anyone know if these got sent to all of the Apple Authorized Campus Stores?  My on campus store closed at 4:30 on Friday and hasn't been open since, because of Spring Break... so I'm thinking I might be able to pull a fast one and get one tomorrow morning 
nerd.gif

Anyone know if these got sent to all of the Apple Authorized Campus Stores?  My on campus store closed at 4:30 on Friday and hasn't been open since, because of Spring Break... so I'm thinking I might be able to pull a fast one and get one tomorrow morning 
nerd.gif

Just got my 64gig black, opened box from best buy for 620.00 got geek squad of course.

I'm loving it so far, got a invisible shield by zagg, is this brand good?

They were out of covers so I'll pick one out tomorrow.

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Just got my 64gig black, opened box from best buy for 620.00 got geek squad of course.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Wow!! You won..invisible shield s good.. One of the best is the matte anti-glare one.. Time to flip my 1st gen!

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Wow!! You won..invisible shield s good.. One of the best is the matte anti-glare one.. Time to flip my 1st gen!

With the power and influence APPLE carries, many websites have made their website compatible to iproducts without the use of flash. This is true for the videos that used to be flash btw, haha it's a start.

Back
Top Bottom